Any chances that 073 will be a warfare simulation game again and not a spawn war game... In 071 it's not about actual combat tactics but about hidden spawnpoints for quite a while...you made it much too convenient. Warfare should not be about who can spawn faster acting as a one man NLAW spammign army to defeat tank batalions and Infantry Divisions single handed just spawning 26 times per town...BE is becoming ore like a Sport, the warfare feeling is gone compley and Domnation is looking more and more friendly suddently.

You will say it's all in the parameters...but the more convenient parameters you include the more are used.

Spawn shoudl really be limited again right now you have too much spawns at once....Just today i wittnesses one player that used a spawn overkill, Mash, 2x M113 Ambu, 1x camp all at once and it was no fun anymore to drive him out of Rasman...just annoying hard work mostly including A.I. spam on both sides.

Often it's just runnign around and while you capture a camp another one on the other side of the town goes red.

Warfare should not be about shooting the same guy at the basically same place 20 times.an gettign shot 25 seconds because he has free choice to spawn anywhere...it gets weary after a hour or so.

Edited by Beagle

Just wanted to report that I've been playing a game alone against AI using 2.072 for the past couple of days, so long that it is now dawn of day two in the game. I've had no crashes or major bugs or issues at all. Lots of saves and reloads, with no dedicated server, on an i3, gt 545, 8 gigs ddr3, and things are still running, 8 vs 8, at about 35-45 fps, only hitching for a split second when a rebel town spawns.

The only serious issue is the AI respawning out on Skallisty (or whatever that island is). I've made that basically into a game feature where I've occasionally got to fly down there and make sure they get off the island, facing opfor who are also stuck there lol. When I save and load the game it takes a lot longer than usual, but that makes sense.

So, many many hours in and it remains pretty stable.

Hey,

Don't forget that 072 performances are terribad regarding the vehicle de-spawn in town.

Hi Benny , i know everybody here wants to know but no one ask , when do you think 0.73 will be ready ? I know you are close , you are 93% ready .

Thanks Benny

Hey,

Pretty soon, i'm ending the AI delegation tests & finishing AI mortars squad acquisition system, then it's all good.

Any chances that 073 will be a warfare simulation game again and not a spawn war game... In 071 it's not about actual combat tactics but about hidden spawnpoints for quite a while...you made it much too convenient. Warfare should not be about who can spawn faster acting as a one man NLAW spammign army to defeat tank batalions and Infantry Divisions single handed just spawning 26 times per town...BE is becoming ore like a Sport, the warfare feeling is gone compley and Domnation is looking more and more friendly suddently.

You will say it's all in the parameters...but the more convenient parameters you include the more are used.

Spawn shoudl really be limited again right now you have too much spawns at once....Just today i wittnesses one player that used a spawn overkill, Mash, 2x M113 Ambu, 1x camp all at once and it was no fun anymore to drive him out of Rasman...just annoying hard work mostly including A.I. spam on both sides.

Often it's just runnign around and while you capture a camp another one on the other side of the town goes red.

Warfare should not be about shooting the same guy at the basically same place 20 times.an gettign shot 25 seconds because he has free choice to spawn anywhere...it gets weary after a hour or so.

In 073 you can now blow camps (thus preventing players respawn), you can also enforce the camps/ambulance/mash spawn gear system (spawn with default gear by default in params).

In 073 you can now blow camps (thus preventing players respawn), you can also enforce the camps/ambulance/mash spawn gear system (spawn with default gear by default in params).

Wow, really? How many satchels? :D

I kinda agree with Beagle, but my biggest gripe is the personal respawn tent/MASH, which can be placed anywhere covertly. Vehicle ambus we can live with. ; )

Wow, really? How many satchels? :D

I kinda agree with Beagle, but my biggest gripe is the personal respawn tent/MASH, which can be placed anywhere covertly. Vehicle ambus we can live with. ; )

5 satchels to blow up a camp,but imagine a guy trying to bring a repair truck to rebuild it to zelenogorksa with 10 tusks in it :D ... just EPIC :D

how many tanks server will able to hold ? what happens if let say 10 players will have 4 tanks each ?why we cant have standard tanks friendly maps without $750 spawn vehicles by default ?

The parameter "AI Defenses Range", does that range refer to the distance from your base AI soldiers from barracks will run to man a turret, or the range at which a town detects hostiles and spawns a defender, or the distance from a town that defenders will engage, or something I'm totally missing?

5 satchels to blow up a camp,but imagine a guy trying to bring a repair truck to rebuild it to zelenogorksa with 10 tusks in it :D ... just EPIC :D

XD

Sweet. Very strategical choices can be made, i.e. leave one camp open from your side, if your base is up North: destroy the most Eastern and Southern camps. xD

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

The parameter "AI Defenses Range", does that range refer to the distance from your base AI soldiers from barracks will run to man a turret, or the range at which a town detects hostiles and spawns a defender, or the distance from a town that defenders will engage, or something I'm totally missing?

AI def range is a radius around your HQ, which covers the auto-manning of defenses at your base AFAIR.

So for some reason when I try to put down buildings as commander, they show up as completely green models but when I left click to place them nothing shows up. I.e. the building is not placed but the money is subtracted, am I doing something wrong?

So for some reason when I try to put down buildings as commander, they show up as completely green models but when I left click to place them nothing shows up. I.e. the building is not placed but the money is subtracted, am I doing something wrong?

Maybe,you have workers parameters on and then you will have to recruit them through economy menu ! otherwise just wait for the construction site to finish and the factory will be bbuilt !

Maybe,you have workers parameters on and then you will have to recruit them through economy menu ! otherwise just wait for the construction site to finish and the factory will be bbuilt !

O! That's the most likely cause for absent buildings, though wouldn't he get a construction site in place? HQ workers setting requires manual recruitment to construct the base; krumpo, check that you have this setting disabled.

"blow camps" could b nice uprageable/purchaseable feature fron central bunkers :P after approapriate commander upgrade, of course[and you can't do this and have para-drop upgrade:P]

and/or rebuilding them too, btw.

that's why prefer, basically, launch games with classical capture and WITHOUT camps at all :P

many newbies from CoD/BF whine about in that case, but that make game more meaningful and les CoD'ish -)

2.0.72 had few nice feats[someone may notice new pieces in WF menu at least ;] and fixed old ones, but spawn bug was killing fun ) after some time[about 10-40min, depend gametype/gamemode and load]you eventually spawned in island -)

how many tanks server will able to hold ? what happens if let say 10 players will have 4 tanks each ?why we cant have standard tanks friendly maps without $750 spawn vehicles by default ?

yeah, default equipment prices are ridiculously low, agree :-)

even with "xxx specialization" that multiply them, they remain little ... inadequate, IMO.

also personal armament[guns, shoulder-fired AT/AA stuff and etc]inexpensive enough :-)

remember some shooters, where unlocking Every SINGLE extra-gun, make you great Holiday/celebration for awhile ? ;)

pricing boost[compensated by optional absence of gear cost penalty]could help getting back it -)

but answering to question, its consist MANY things - vehicles mean things that move/act FASTER, ie MORE netflow bandwidth too, aside increased AI overhead, and content streaming on client-side.

but generally it more CPU-prone, both because AI bottleneck-ed in [horsepower/CPU's/cores]scalability and because binaries and configs are fine-tuned for low-bandwidth use/users/setup and and thwart any attempts to saturate it more, so, for more dense battlefield vanilla[not fully-modded nor VBS2 update]unsuitable.

thats why i tend to disable cameras/spectators on all Warfare maps/mods, i passed-by ENTIRELY/from root, to minimize bandwidth overhead, btw.

Edited by BasileyOne

@Benny

I was playing 2.073 on WASP,and had few bugs:

- I was playing OPFOR (like always :P) and one time i died in a town and during the counter i got killed by west AI in the repsawn area near karachinar (you changed it ?),and apparently no one had AIs there ...

- When WEST lost HQ they lost also the wreck ... the HQ wreck was not there after killing it (deployed),on wasp there is a bounty on killing deployed HQ,the player who killed it didn't get it !

- Resistance rienforcements (rienforcements :OFF) really kill the server FPS.

-MI8MT is missing from OPFOR airfactory !

Btw,i really enjoy that feature where you get bounty on vehicle that you kill and explodes seconds later ,just epic.

Edited by On_Sabbatical

@Benny

I was playing 2.073 on WASP,and had few bugs:

- I was playing OPFOR (like always :P) and one time i died in a town and during the counter i got killed by west AI in the repsawn area near karachinar (you changed it ?),and apparently no one had AIs there ...

- When WEST lost HQ they lost also the wreck ... the HQ wreck was not there after killing it (deployed),on wasp there is a bounty on killing deployed HQ,the player who killed it didn't get it !

- Resistance rienforcements (rienforcements :OFF) really kill the server FPS.

-MI8MT is missing from OPFOR airfactory !

Btw,i really enjoy that feature where you get bounty on vehicle that you kill and explodes seconds later ,just epic.

I've increase a bit the camp protection radius.

HQ Wrecks remains in my beta.

Resistance reinforcement is not even working nor has anything running behind, it will be hard to impact on fps :)

MI8MT is also present on my version.

The hit EH in action :)

WASP's edited BE is usually buggy. Kinda silly to report bugs from it to Benny.
Not only is it buggy they have the worst running BE server I know off...WASP pefers 60 player slots and insane A.I. count over playable frames...might work for the few players with supercomputers.

WASP's edited BE is usually buggy. Kinda silly to report bugs from it to Benny.

No comments !

Not only is it buggy they have the worst running BE server I know off...WASP pefers 60 player slots and insane A.I. count over playable frames...might work for the few players with supercomputers.

Hopefully AI delegation will help to make things better,i have 2600k @ 5ghz and GTX 670,i get good frames for the whole game.

No comments !

Qaz, he's right, WASP use their own configs, settings & unit balancing on top of Benny's Warfare, they don't even have the BE in the mission name - total cannibalization of the original mission, resulting in a bugfest. :(

Qaz, he's right, WASP use their own configs, settings & unit balancing on top of Benny's Warfare, they don't even have the BE in the mission name - total cannibalization of the original mission, resulting in a bugfest. :(

Amén,

I have dual i7 cpus and 4 graphic card 2 raids 4 hdd in each + ram drive and my fps are always good :) - because I play in xr :)

Amén,

Qaz, don't worry little Su-34 pilote - we'll have many, many original Warfare BE servers in ArmA III, so I can TAB+click yo ass. :icon_twisted:

many slots and big squads actually can make game more meaningful as well as smarter/cunning AI's, btw. i really ENJOYED 24ppl AI'' squad management battles on big islands - its looks/and played really like WWIII/WWII :P wicked fun. never played 60ppl on latest BE warfare, but tried 32ppl and sometimes its works[but not always in 72 and 71 to my dispointment ;]

you don't need "super-computer" for that, today, basically, if you PC can't hadle 24 ppl in squad at least, you barely can play ANY modern game. and second point is most overhead still REMAIN server-side, so whining about settings/tweaks/GFX really irrelevant to YOUR hardware, its about impact on SERVER performance.

basically today, inexpensive four-core CPU's are cheap as dirt !!

grab iNtel i5 2400 or AMD Athlon II 645 for start. 8 Gb of RAM[at least]could be nice investment too.

main point/bottom line is: some server really POINTED/TARGETED/FOCUSD on MASSIVE team-play/big-games, so extra-slots - wasn't luxury, but necessity.

Edited by BasileyOne

Sorry guys,but you're a bit clueless (i couldn't keep silence :D),all bugs i was reporting since 072 got released were from WASP version and are proven to be true also on normal version and aren't in any case WASP specific,and those last two i posted (hq wreck disappearing and spawning near west AIs) happened only once,so there is a chance that they happen again ...

And please,let's stay on topic,this thread is not made to compare servers or missions ,it's about reporting feedback on the core which is Warfare BE lite that is not changed on both versions.

For more informations go to this website.

many slots and big squads actually can make game more meaningful as well as smarter/cunning AI's, btw. i really ENJOYED 24ppl AI'' squad management battles on big islands - its looks/and played really like WWIII/WWII :P wicked fun. never played 60ppl on latest BE warfare, but tried 32ppl and sometimes its works[but not always in 72 and 71 to my dispointment ;]

The overall number of players for the past 3 years in WF has swayed between 16 to 40, ~32 being the optimum average due to server specs. Ten to twenty AI per player is great fun and doesn't require a lot of micromanagement for the average Joe, 12 AI is 3 full crew tanks and a 2-man APC/BMP.

We could even see 64 player servers, 14 AI each in ArmA III on latest Intel i7 IB quad cores. :icon_twisted:

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

basically today, inexpensive four-core CPU's are cheap as dirt !!

grab iNtel i5 2400 or AMD Athlon II 645 for start. 8 Gb of RAM[at least]could be nice investment too.

main point/bottom line is: some server really POINTED/TARGETED/FOCUSD on MASSIVE team-play/big-games, so extra-slots - wasn't luxury, but necessity.

I played hardcore WF on a dual core Phenom II x2 550 as a client for the first year. You don't really need a great CPU to play online, even with 12 AI under your command.

Servers in ArmA III will take full advantage of the newly-released i7 3570K, which is a quad core without hyperthreading, but fully unlocked and overclockable to 4.5 GHz on air. :cc: Did I mention that they're only $230? :icon_twisted: