Hmm, on the FOBs, would it be possible for the commander to dole out permissions to players who they want to build a FOB? For instance, in the UI, the commander has a list of players and chooses the one he wants to have access to building a FOB, giving that player one 'ticket' to use in building it. When it's built, the player no longer has the 'ticket' to build and the commander must assign permission for the next fob to a player or himself before it can be built.

I'd love to see the commander have more options to help direct actual players rather than just AI.

074 Will be focused on AI & CoC redesign. Towns will have more strategic assets such as Towers which will call reinforcements as long as it's standing still (reinforcement can be boats/air paradroping/ground reinforcement).

yeah, some AI improvements would be nice. All this spawning far from the barracks has always looked like cheating to me.

Three of the biggest AI issues I've seen:

1) AI squad leaders not accepting the respawn location I've set for them, respawning instead at the corner of the map. In some cases, it is irreversible and they will never spawn anywhere else.

2) Everytime a "Hostiles detected near LOCATION" message comes up, that town seems to spawn an AI defense unit, usually a HMMV, regardless of how many are present. Game got really laggy when these towns started having upwards of 30+ defenders, like herds of wild mountain HMMV surrounding Bastam. Here is an example of just one town, with HMMV and Bradleys. There are 4 other towns like this on the map:

MlvQu.jpg

Please note that this appeared far, far worse on Taki over Chernarus. At the point the screenshot was taken, the 12 vs 12 AI game on Taki was running about 6 fps, while a similarly progressed game in Chern is running over 30 fps. For some reason, there were much fewer hostiles detected around towns on Chern as opposed to Taki.

3) After tearing down a base and rebuilding it closer to the front lines, the barracks won't spawn AI defenders to man the static emplacements. My first base had only about 6 turrets, so I wasn't over any limit after I tore that base down and built my second base. In fact, not only were AI not spawning at the new base, but any other AI that respawned after the base moved appeared in the corner of the map.

I know that the next version is going to have significant AI revisions, so maybe none of these are an issue. I just thought I'd bring them up.

Edited by nMarauder

noticed some performance improvements on 2.0.73 Chernarusian conversion/port on Arma2 WF server[b4.5 was used as base].

with spawn bug, from 2.0.72, fixed, 2.0.74 could b nice thing to play, probably :-)

and yes, personal-level RPG-elements could be nice :-)

to customise strong/weak sides of you character, with various penalties and benefits in each case :]

without excessive UI fkup, like done in DayZ, i hope :)

noticed some performance improvements on 2.0.73 Chernarusian conversion/port on Arma2 WF server[b4.5 was used as base].

with spawn bug, from 2.0.72, fixed, 2.0.74 could b nice thing to play, probably :-)

to customise strong/weak sides of you character, with various penalties and benefits in each case :]

Better performance because few AI spawn in towns ... as far as i am concerned,2.073 is still unstable on the server side !

Waiting for AI delegation feature !

Three of the biggest AI issues I've seen:

1) AI squad leaders not accepting the respawn location I've set for them, respawning instead at the corner of the map. In some cases, it is irreversible and they will never spawn anywhere else.

2) Everytime a "Hostiles detected near LOCATION" message comes up, that town seems to spawn an AI defense unit, usually a HMMV, regardless of how many are present. Game got really laggy when these towns started having upwards of 30+ defenders, like herds of wild mountain HMMV surrounding Bastam. Here is an example of just one town, with HMMV and Bradleys. There are 4 other towns like this on the map:

http://i.imgur.com/MlvQu.jpg

Please note that this appeared far, far worse on Taki over Chernarus. At the point the screenshot was taken, the 12 vs 12 AI game on Taki was running about 6 fps, while a similarly progressed game in Chern is running over 30 fps. For some reason, there were much fewer hostiles detected around towns on Chern as opposed to Taki.

3) After tearing down a base and rebuilding it closer to the front lines, the barracks won't spawn AI defenders to man the static emplacements. My first base had only about 6 turrets, so I wasn't over any limit after I tore that base down and built my second base. In fact, not only were AI not spawning at the new base, but any other AI that respawned after the base moved appeared in the corner of the map.

I know that the next version is going to have significant AI revisions, so maybe none of these are an issue. I just thought I'd bring them up.

072 Had that vehicle not being cleaned on de-activation bug. All of those issues are gone in 073 (Ill release it after ending a few last features & tweaking).

RPG elements can be tricky to include. Not planned for now.

Better performance because few AI spawn in towns ... as far as i am concerned,2.073 is still unstable on the server side !

Didn't had any troubles on the server side, which issues are you refering to?

AI delegation is done, need to test now :)

yeah, there general spawn issues in 2.0.72, not just for AI's :(

you can respawn on island for long time, for example :) or respawn suddenly in completely random place[after/during LOONG session]

promised to b fixed in 2.0.74, if im reading Benny reports right.

about RPG stuff - it would be not RPG elements "in common sense", but something to personalize player character performance :)

still unsure about best way to introduce it :[

can anybody tell me how to use the patrol mode in warfare be?

ok, it seems, that it's only available for the com, but even in that position, i don't understand it ;)

i tried to use it for a unit of my own squad.. is this the problem? (i tested without other squads..)

is there no way to use waypoints or somethink like that?

(is there at least any way to use waypoints for AI? ^^)

can anybody tell me how to use the patrol mode in warfare be?

ok, it seems, that it's only available for the com, but even in that position, i don't understand it ;)

i tried to use it for a unit of my own squad.. is this the problem? (i tested without other squads..)

is there no way to use waypoints or somethink like that?

(is there at least any way to use waypoints for AI? ^^)

If enabled in the parameters, you can use High Command (Ctrl + Space) as commander to order the AI around with waypoints.

ah, looks promising !

does it differ much from the "real" HC-Addon?

The tutorials doesnt look exactly like in warfare be

i cant build more than one group, and the AI only drives to the next waypoint and not in cycle

[edit] ah, now i understand.. so when i'm groupleader, i can just be in one group with my other AIs?

(at least i can make waypoints now at all.. but thats not enough to me ;) )

Edited by Sagehorn

Just after dusk, after advancing my forces from Kamyshovo, where we started, we (My AI and I) began an attack on Stary Sobor. We had established a new FOB between Gorka and Stary, and we used illum and HE shells as we advanced into the town from all sides with tank platoons and force recon. I was commanding from a little bird like usual.

That battle was one of the highlights of my long gaming career. Tracer rounds through the dark, great lighting effects.. We didn't take one casualty. It was way, way too much fun. Forget Day Z. I'm surprised more people aren't into this stuff. I should have recorded it.

Just after dusk, after advancing my forces from Kamyshovo, where we started, we (My AI and I) began an attack on Stary Sobor. We had established a new FOB between Gorka and Stary, and we used illum and HE shells as we advanced into the town from all sides with tank platoons and force recon. I was commanding from a little bird like usual.

That battle was one of the highlights of my long gaming career. Tracer rounds through the dark, great lighting effects.. We didn't take one casualty. It was way, way too much fun. Forget Day Z. I'm surprised more people aren't into this stuff. I should have recorded it.

Yeah, Warfare and ArmA II is like that. :D

The public used to play it 24/7 2 years ago with full servers, it shines even more in PvP, because the balance is so finely tuned, that games often lasted from two to six hours.

Benny better bring it to ArmA III. :icon_mrgreen:

ah, looks promising !

does it differ much from the "real" HC-Addon?

The tutorials doesnt look exactly like in warfare be

i cant build more than one group, and the AI only drives to the next waypoint and not in cycle

[edit] ah, now i understand.. so when i'm groupleader, i can just be in one group with my other AIs?

(at least i can make waypoints now at all.. but thats not enough to me ;) )

AI micro and macro management will be the main reason of 074 :)

Expect more in 074 (reinforcements, counter attacks, guerilla ambushes....) :)

For now, i'm ending the mortars routine for town AIs.

Yeah, Warfare and ArmA II is like that. :D

The public used to play it 24/7 2 years ago with full servers, it shines even more in PvP, because the balance is so finely tuned, that games often lasted from two to six hours.

Benny better bring it to ArmA III. :icon_mrgreen:

Of course it'll be in A3 :p

Of course it'll be in A3 :p

Good to hear, I wish BIS would hire you for ArmA III to remotely adjust the balance and fix bugs as the Official CTI Dev, but they probably know you will do that regardless, cheap bastards. :P

nMarauder, another great thing about CTI Warfare is that everyone can participate in a meaningful way to the best of their abilities in any way they want. Total nabs don't get access to aircraft straight away, if they don't save up $ and truly impact on the game all the way upto the point, when the Aircraft Factory is built and relevant Upgrades are complete.

AI micro and macro management will be the main reason of 074 :)

Good to hear that ;)

See you on dev heaven and server lol

Hello again. I just wanted to say that I managed to fix the very bad performance problems that I was getting with the AI. First step was to optimise the graphics client (some sane advice was found here) as well as understanding all the various settings files and command line options (it's all on the Bohemia wiki). Then I started a Warfare BE dedicated server on my Quad core system - server on two cores, graphics client on the other two. I am now getting VASTLY better AI performance and improved frame rates, with no AI groups removed ! I did reduce the maximum number of resistance patrols to 7.

The AI literally becomes brainless below 10fps in a game started from inside the graphics client. I'm not even sure why Bohemia even allow the starting of an AI game from within the graphics client as it cannot seem to thread the AI at all. Only the server can do that. This has also fixed my "spawn in the corner of the map problem" (that some of the rest of you are getting?), as I never stop the server (its loading a saved game that starts the bug). I hibernate Windows XP with the server still running and it picks up no problem the next time I boot.

Here is a zip archive of the some of the settings needed. If anyone is interested then please consider joining my mod as I am developing optimisations and various way of making the AI game more fun.

EDIT: Updated download with corrected command line path.

Edited by DJ_Barney

Hello again. I just wanted to say that I managed to fix the very bad performance problems that I was getting with the AI. First step was to optimise the graphics client (some sane advice was found here) as well as understanding all the various settings files and command line options (it's all on the Bohemia wiki). Then I started a Warfare BE dedicated server on my Quad core system - server on two cores, graphics client on the other two. I am now getting VASTLY better AI performance and improved frame rates, with no AI groups removed ! I did reduce the maximum number of resistance patrols to 7.

The AI literally becomes brainless below 10fps in a game started from inside the graphics client. I'm not even sure why Bohemia even allow the starting of an AI game from within the graphics client as it cannot seem to thread the AI at all. Only the server can do that. This has also fixed my "spawn in the corner of the map problem" (that some of the rest of you are getting?), as I never stop the server (its loading a saved game that starts the bug). I hibernate Windows XP with the server still running and it picks up no problem the next time I boot.

Here is a zip archive of the some of the settings needed. If anyone is interested then please consider joining my mod as I am developing optimisations and various way of making the AI game more fun.

Wait.. I guess I've misunderstood all along. I thought that for a dedicated server you'd need to run it on another box. You can run the server and the graphics client on different cores? I guess I'll need to look into this, I was completely misunderstanding it.

Wait.. I guess I've misunderstood all along. I thought that for a dedicated server you'd need to run it on another box.

That's what I thought ! Of course if you do have another Linux box that can run the ArmA2 Linux server over a home LAN then that would most likely provide even better performance.

You can run the server and the graphics client on different cores?

You can. I'll put up screen shots of windows task manager and some benchmarks when I have time.

Wait.. I guess I've misunderstood all along. I thought that for a dedicated server you'd need to run it on another box. You can run the server and the graphics client on different cores? I guess I'll need to look into this, I was completely misunderstanding it.

the server and the client are two separate processes that run on two machines. If the two machines happen to be the same machine nothing really changes, except for the fact that that single machine will feel slightly overloaded.

I have just been trying this mod for some days now and it is insanely fun :D

I have some questions though:

Does the 073 beta 4 version work on any island other than Takistan?

Are you going to continue beta versions? or is the next gonna be full 073?

Does the 073 beta 4 version work on any island other than Takistan?

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DJ_Barney viewpost-right.png

Unless I'm missing a download archive, are you planning to release missions for the other islands (Duala and so forth) for the the most recent versions ?

BTW I'm getting addicted to Warfare BE. First time I got it setup on Duala a helicopter came out of now where and started attacking my HQ. Shot it down and it said "destroy recon copter complete".

Those are planned,

Starting from 073 there is a new mission.sqm meaning that those need to be done again. I'm currently bug fixing the 073 and fixing the new squad system before porting to other islands.

New side missions are planned (Soldiers of fortunes... SCUD Attack...)

Edited by DJ_Barney

Well that did answear some :)

In the 2.071 changelog it says:

- Added: ACE Core files

Does that meen that there is some way to use ace together with this excellent warfare mission? :D

Just wanted to report that I've been playing a game alone against AI using 2.072 for the past couple of days, so long that it is now dawn of day two in the game. I've had no crashes or major bugs or issues at all. Lots of saves and reloads, with no dedicated server, on an i3, gt 545, 8 gigs ddr3, and things are still running, 8 vs 8, at about 35-45 fps, only hitching for a split second when a rebel town spawns.

The only serious issue is the AI respawning out on Skallisty (or whatever that island is). I've made that basically into a game feature where I've occasionally got to fly down there and make sure they get off the island, facing opfor who are also stuck there lol. When I save and load the game it takes a lot longer than usual, but that makes sense.

So, many many hours in and it remains pretty stable.

Hi Benny , i know everybody here wants to know but no one ask , when do you think 0.73 will be ready ? I know you are close , you are 93% ready .

Thanks Benny