well any feats i suggest would b optional, tunable on per-session or per-server, basis.

so anyone win in result - those who want them, get them, those who prefer benefits of their absence, enjoy them.

also woul b nice to have zero-dependency build. for example, BE in present shape will demand CBA to use fast-travel by AI's up to 2.0.72 at least )

recent battles, btw show/reveal important issue/matter - there would be way to keep friendly AI's aware about mines, layed by you team. one way or another. cause dammage caused by my fields to teammates sometimes scary/intolerable :/

I seem to have this issue with AI spawning on disconnected land (no bridge) at SE corner of Duala. I voted myself in as Commander and found "AI disband" and "Set default spawn" but the AI always spawns on that disconnected part of the island. Must be a good bar there, or some kind of illegal rave, or maybe they just don't like me :confused:.

I'll have a look through the scripts myself but maybe someone already has a fix for this that I can use until 0.74 comes out ?

Hmm i'm never able to reproduce that one. 071 I suppose?

I think the creation of forward operating bases will drastically increase the survivability of red and blue vs insurgents all on it's own. The mechanic itself is pretty sound. Outside of the adjustments that need to be made when considering a player run insurgence faction, I think the only thing that could really make it better is more indications for noob players, so they know what they're supposed to do and where to go. The red circle is more than enough for experienced players, but any time we play with it on, there's still huge groups of clueless players that haplessly float around the map not doing a damn thing outside of consistently dying.

The long awaited FOB... :)

Commander system will be reworked with a better CoC.

well any feats i suggest would b optional, tunable on per-session or per-server, basis.

so anyone win in result - those who want them, get them, those who prefer benefits of their absence, enjoy them.

also woul b nice to have zero-dependency build. for example, BE in present shape will demand CBA to use fast-travel by AI's up to 2.0.72 at least )

recent battles, btw show/reveal important issue/matter - there would be way to keep friendly AI's aware about mines, layed by you team. one way or another. cause dammage caused by my fields to teammates sometimes scary/intolerable :/

The mission doesn't rely on any other mods/tools. CBA is not a requirement as i don't use it anywhere in my scripts. I've never done AI fast travel but i think i will now :P.

It's possible to make AI dodge mines using invisible walls, it's hardcore to make hostile AI dodge it tho.

Hmm i'm never able to reproduce that one. 071 I suppose?

Yeah. I should really play your latest but I've fallen in love with Duala for the moment :).

Could you give me a few hints where I might look in the scripts for a fix for this in the meantime ? I can probably fix it myself.

Yeah. I should really play your latest but I've fallen in love with Duala for the moment :).

Could you give me a few hints where I might look in the scripts for a fix for this in the meantime ? I can probably fix it myself.

AI_AdvancedRespawn.sqf has the respawn process.

well, its weird, but my AI's fast-traveled in 2.0.72 when i play with CBA :P

at least when base is at Grishino[NW]airfield :-)

I think Construction workers are busted completely. They often refuse to build anything and just stand there.

Also random starting positions always spawn on the same spot.

Edited by Syphonix

I think Construction workers are busted completely. They often refuse to build anything and just stand there.

Also random starting positions always spawn on the same spot.

Which version did you use? I didn't had that kind of issue in MP on 071 nor 073. Workers will be reworked on 074 anyway to match the new structure system.

PS: I'll be trying to include a very special feature in the final release (Server-Clients AI delegation): https://dev-heaven.net/issues/43704

If everything goes fine, server FPS shall be better considering that some AI groups are being processed on clients (ofc if client has enough FPS to process it).

Can we get a fix for the following ? :

When someone TK a guy who has AI with him,AI responds (which is normal) but he loses money too ... i suggest disabling AI's tk penalty !

Which version did you use? I didn't had that kind of issue in MP on 071 nor 073. Workers will be reworked on 074 anyway to match the new structure system.

0.73 beta4

If I play East, with random st. pos. I always start on the bottom of the map.

Been playing this mod for a long time and have noticed that when I am playing Multi player solo the AI just stop engaging one another. Enemy troops will run circles around friendlies and not a shot is fired at them. I have the latest BE 2_072 Chernarus. Is there something in the parameters that needs turned on or is this just a pure Multiplayer game and the AI are window dressing or cannon fodder. I have all the updates by using Six Updater, ACE, Jaymalibrary, OA, Brits and Renforcements. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

0.73 beta4

I'll check it out.

Been playing this mod for a long time and have noticed that when I am playing Multi player solo the AI just stop engaging one another. Enemy troops will run circles around friendlies and not a shot is fired at them. I have the latest BE 2_072 Chernarus. Is there something in the parameters that needs turned on or is this just a pure Multiplayer game and the AI are window dressing or cannon fodder. I have all the updates by using Six Updater, ACE, Jaymalibrary, OA, Brits and Renforcements. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

072 has some issues with vehicles not being "cleaned" after town de-activation crippling server/client FPS. It's fixed in 073.

This is on 071 but I just did a test. With the UPSMON AI script turned on I don't get enemies firing back.

Hmm i saw it a few time, any ideas what's your CPU load while it happen?

Some news from the current 073 developpment.

- IR Smoke is done (as an upgrade), defined vehicles will have a chance to dodge the incoming IR locks projectiles.

- Testing AI delegation on Dedicated server, expect a mass fps boost on server-side.

Here's the IR Smoke effectiveness :

//--- Initialize vehicles IRS (Type / Dodge Chance / IR Smoke deploy count).
_u =      [["AAV", 40, 2]];
_u = _u + [["BAF_FV510_W", 60, 3]];
_u = _u + [["BAF_FV510_D", 60, 3]];
_u = _u + [["BMP2_CDF", 40, 2]];
_u = _u + [["BMP2_Gue", 40, 2]];
_u = _u + [["BMP2_INS", 40, 2]];
_u = _u + [["BMP2_TK_EP1", 40, 2]];
_u = _u + [["BMP3", 55, 3]];
_u = _u + [["BTR90", 55, 2]];
_u = _u + [["LAV25", 55, 2]];
_u = _u + [["M1126_ICV_M2_EP1", 50, 1]];
_u = _u + [["M1126_ICV_mk19_EP1", 45, 1]];
_u = _u + [["M1129_MC_EP1", 50, 1]];
_u = _u + [["M1135_ATGMV_EP1", 50, 1]];
_u = _u + [["M1128_MGS_EP1", 50, 1]];
_u = _u + [["M1133_MEV_EP1", 50, 1]];
_u = _u + [["M1A1", 60, 4]];
_u = _u + [["M1A1_US_DES_EP1", 60, 4]];
_u = _u + [["M1A2_TUSK_MG", 65, 4]];
_u = _u + [["M1A2_US_TUSK_MG_EP1", 65, 4]];
_u = _u + [["M2A2_EP1", 55, 3]];
_u = _u + [["M2A3_EP1", 55, 3]];
_u = _u + [["M6_EP1", 60, 3]];
_u = _u + [["T72_CDF", 55, 4]];
_u = _u + [["T72_INS", 55, 4]];
_u = _u + [["T72_Gue", 55, 4]];
_u = _u + [["T72_RU", 55, 4]];
_u = _u + [["T72_TK_EP1", 55, 4]];
_u = _u + [["T90", 70, 4]];

0.73 beta4

Probably not so relevant as I'm using 071. But when I turned off random spawning I no longer got the problem I reported earlier in the thread. AI now spawns in the corner island. Stays there for a moment, disappears, and then spawns on the mainland. So thanks for inspiring a fix to my problem Syphonix :cool:.

EDIT: Gah. Scrub that. When I went back to my saved game the same problem arose. Oh well.

Edited by DJ_Barney

- Testing AI delegation on Dedicated server, expect a mass fps boost on server-side.

And a massive fps drop on the client side :)

And a massive fps drop on the client side :)

No! :D

This system will be quite smart:

- A global variable define how many AI groups a player can handle (Default: 3-4).

- A global variable define the min fps a client need to spawn groups (Default: 30).

- Each client send an heartbeat to the server each 5 minutes about it's FPS over the last 5 minutes.

No! :D

This system will be quite smart:

- A global variable define how many AI groups a player can handle (Default: 3-4).

- A global variable define the min fps a client need to spawn groups (Default: 30).

- Each client send an heartbeat to the server each 5 minutes about it's FPS over the last 5 minutes.

that sounds better. So if I understand correctly you are basically building a distributed environment. The clients don't do just work for themselves, but they take over some work from the server, including things related to other groups

I would assume that the work goes back to the server if the client can't handle it. In that case it might be useful to know where in the code these variables (AI groups, minimum client fps, interval between heartbeat transmissions) are defined. I am personally happy to let the server do most of the work

Repro:

- Play the mission (073) with someone.

- Get AIs,then join his squad.

Observed:

- You have no control on your AIs anymore (no way to ask AI to target AI through 2 target list).

- You don't get bounties for taking towns,or score.

- When you get kicked out of the squad,you need to respawn,otherwise you will show as AI on the map and keep the same behaviour as stated above :D

that sounds better. So if I understand correctly you are basically building a distributed environment. The clients don't do just work for themselves, but they take over some work from the server, including things related to other groups

I would assume that the work goes back to the server if the client can't handle it. In that case it might be useful to know where in the code these variables (AI groups, minimum client fps, interval between heartbeat transmissions) are defined. I am personally happy to let the server do most of the work

This will be a parameter, you can see it as a semi distributed env. All those variables will be defined in init_commonconstant.sqf. It's a constant struggle between server FPS and client bandwidth anyway :)

Repro:

- Play the mission (073) with someone.

- Get AIs,then join his squad.

Observed:

- You have no control on your AIs anymore (no way to ask AI to target AI through 2 target list).

- You don't get bounties for taking towns,or score.

- When you get kicked out of the squad,you need to respawn,otherwise you will show as AI on the map and keep the same behaviour as stated above :D

I'll check those, it was veeeery tricky to do the group system.

Benny Man!

I'm not often play as commander,and not often play as west for unknown reason but recently played.

What I noticed - that default mission settings not allow you play against east team on standard fight level basic due to absent of tanks for west until HF2.I noticed some strange result for last couple of weeks that west team losing most of the times.

All I have to do to save game is to drive with mhq all around takistan and build bases due to my team was not able to fight against east tanks (which available on fact building heavy factory,without any upgrades).I don't think this good approach not only for war simulator game but also for any game,as commander role almost useless all you can do is only build build build build.

I'm not gonna discuss specific of strategy - but in that case west heavy factory should cost cheaper as well as upgrades ,considering the fact that well know bug with bmp2 which have cheating engine inbuilt(ticket https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33444)

Maybe worth to move strykers to LF 1-3.
1+ is the right way

I'd rather decrease amount of upgrades.

Heavy factory should give you tanks on fact of building.If you want to have upgrades HF 1 you will get m1a2/t90 HF 2 tunguska/M6

Benny, why is it not possible to use artillery when they are occupied by auto-manned defenses, only when they are manually occupied by hired soldiers?