Sign in to follow this  
mtt_asch

Simple player within region check

So I have been toying around with the editor lately, but have unable to workout how to make a trigger check for a unit within the trigger area. The thing about this trigger is it is context sensitive, as in, if one person enters the area, the AI guarding it will become hostile to that player, and only that player. However, I cannot even get it to detect me in the region let alone differentiate between two people. Thanks in advance!

Group the trigger with the player, that will allow you to pick "vehicle" as the Activation type. At that point you can select "Present" and the trigger will activate when that unit is inside the trigger area and ignore other units.

Thank you so much! It works like a charm! Another question though, How would I go about getting people hostile towards only the player and not the entire faction?

Umm.. not really sure what you mean by "getting people hostile"? Who are these people and why would they change their minds like that? :)

There's a few things like using setCaptive to prevent the enemy from shooting you or setFriend for entire factions or addRating to get friendlies to shoot the player. Guess I'm just confused by the "only player" part. What exactly are you trying to do?

What I'm working on is a part of the mission where civilians are unable to enter an area without being shot at by Opfor.

Use the BLUFOR unit "Graves Undercover" since having OPFOR shoot a BLUFOR unit after removing setCaptive is a lot easier than making OPFOR shoot civies. Or if you're on Chernarus use PMC units or something perhaps. Search the forums, there's been a few posts recently about the tricks and troubles of having CIV vs OPFOR battles.

Oh ok, well I guess I will have to revise the mission, thank you for your help!

Wow here's an example of something I've always wondered but never figured out. No wonder too, I never saw this in any of the guides, it's not the most intuitive, but given what I've recently learned about grouping units with markers for random spawn locations, it makes a lot of sense that it would work like this.

Thanks Kylania!

Edited by h34dup

Grouping a trigger with a group also allows you the extra activations of "Any group member" or "All group members" as well. Also just the leader I think?