Sign in to follow this  
VectorX96

C-17A Globemaster III-VX Addons

Looks sweet :D Seen one of these at Dublin airport leaving after Obama left, Smaller then I thought..But still pretty F'ing big lol

Can't wait to try it :)

Hey might as well be USAF, that's who the C-17 was originally made for in the beginning. Then Boeing started selling it to other places like the UK and Canada.

Hope to see other nationality paint schemes created, also would you include the .psd files to create custom schemes? As the Nogovan Armed Forces are interested :)

There may be some of those, it depends on how the default textures turn out, which i intend to be USAF but that may change, could be any nationality. I will most likely include some .psd files to re-texture them cause i know there are plenty of countries out there that use the C-17 and maybe someone wants to make that one.

Edited by VectorX96

I hate to be "that guy", but on armaholic.com, you say "...amongst my many projects soon to emerge is a C-17 Globemaster." and I was not sure if you meant release, and if so you do have an ETA?

No i do not mate, and i meant that its going to be released soon and i cant put an eta on true masterpiece.....

^^lol bending the rules already!

Nice model and great to see so much of it working already. Look forward to to finding some more tight places to land this beauty.

BTW Australia also uses these, same paint except for the national markings.

Yeah i know about Australia and the UAE using them as well. I also have a really good reference picture of the cargo area and there's a Australian flag hanging off the maintenance catwalk, didn't see too many exterior pics of the Aussie C-17 however.

check this VectorX96
:rolleyes:

Hah, I remember watching this in person. I live about an hour away from the EAA Air Venture grounds.

i see you have EA-6B's on your carrier deck? are those still the placeholders you've had or is that one of your undisclosed projects? :-)

Fiver says you can't take off from where you stopped :p

@islesfan186

There still just "placeholders", i have no plans for them, when i was making them i had hopes for em but i lost interest, now they just sit there and look good.

@Slatts

Your right mate, especially with all them f-18's in the way!

@islesfan186

There still just "placeholders", i have no plans for them, when i was making them i had hopes for em but i lost interest, now they just sit there and look good.

@Slatts

Your right mate, especially with all them f-18's in the way!

I had really like your EA-6B's, they had a good potential and could have added another carrier plane into the game while there are so little.

Beautiful work Roadkill,

If you could, please release an alpha version with only the outside done. I have been wanting this baby for ages and was so disappointed when RKSL stopped working on it. If i had the money i would pay you a 1000 bucks.

Woo Hoo!.A C-17.Hope fully you can script it so i can put some HMVVS in there and paradrop em

I literally shed a tear when I saw this on Armaholics front page . Please excuse me guys I'm a little to overwhelmed to keep typing.

Looking fantastic VectorX96. Take your time with this, I don't know why people still ask for a release when you already said that you will release it when it's ready.

Beautiful work Roadkill,

If you could, please release an alpha version with only the outside done. I have been wanting this baby for ages and was so disappointed when RKSL stopped working on it. If i had the money i would pay you a 1000 bucks.

I think you are confused, VectorX96 is the author of this addon. I was merely asking a question in the thread.

Hey mate,

I have always had trouble with modelling airplane addons, and this model is just beautiful. Do you have any early work in progress pictures that you have taken, just so I can see the steps on how a professional like you builds an airplane model step by step? I would really love to learn anything.

Abs