Sign in to follow this  
andreasb

Generate PNG/JPG image of ArmA2 maps

Hello!

As the thread topic suggests, how do I go about making images of the maps in ArmA 2?

For example create an image of Chernarus.

Project -> Save Map as image...

That will save the mapview on screen from visitor 3.

Ok, and how do I open chernarus in Visitor 3?

I tried depbo'ing it, but all I see is.. Jibberish in Visitor.

You can convert it to PEW file using ConvertWRP, there is config file etc on PMC Editing Wiki: ConvertWRP page. The config file is really nice to have so you can get the different objects highlighted with colors, like roads are grey, buildings red and vegetation naturally green etc.

I did this too. I get it opened, but it doesnt look like chernarus. And ConvertWRP complaints about missing 3pbo files or something.

Do you mean you want to make big map images of different terrains? like big "planning maps" sort of thing, that you could print out and hang on the wall, for example??

If so - take a look at This Thread as well....

B

Do you mean you want to make big map images of different terrains? like big "planning maps" sort of thing, that you could print out and hang on the wall, for example??

If so - take a look at This Thread as well....

B

That thread didnt really answer my question.. All it offered was a "hacky" way of doing it. Surely I must be able to open the mapfile somehow?

No!

Why would you assume the game developers (and other makers) copyrighted content should be easy to open ... really ?!!

Primarily the tools are provided to create your own content.

Other very generous terrain makers have also provided tutorial matterials and starter-samples. Thats plenty.

You need to hang around this (very well matured) community to understand what you have ... and don't have.

Despite what it looks like BIS are very generous.

Option A: Do the TOPOGRAPHY way mentioned in the thread which I have always found useful.

Option B: Option A and then use Photoshop or GIMP to place names and other missing information

Option C: Take screenshots of the map ingame and then put them together. Photoshop CS4 has a good feature (File>Automate>Photo Merge).

Option D: Use http://dayzfans.com/wp-content/themes/images/chernarus_big_hq.jpg

Option E: Combination of the above

Option F: Magic