Sign in to follow this  
DHope129

Need Help with Heli left scripts from Domination

Hello,

I recently started hosting an ACE/ACRE domination server and i am trying to change a few things on it. First, the helicopter lift scripts. I searched the forums for answers and found a few, but i could not pinpoint a good answer that is relevent. I want to change it so the lift chopper will lift any vehicle in the game, and the wreck chopper will lift any wreck in the game. I dePBOed the mission file and tried to pinpoint where it keeps the templates for the vehicles/wrecks that are able to be lifted, but could not find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you!!

-DHope

Edited by DHope129
forgot to add ACE/ACRE

For the "lift chopper", we have always just put in the classnames that we want to be able to lift. This should work the same way for the wreck chopper as well.

@kylania sorry about that.

@Clowns2 so how would i go about putting in the classnames that i want to be able to lift? Sorry im kind of a newb to scripting.

Inside the i_client.sqf search for d_helilift1_types , then

#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__

if (__ACEVer) then {

here you will find the classnames that you can lift. If you want to add something, simply add the classname of that vehicle.

Heh Domi is a heck of a start for scripting, but you'll learn a ton! It's changed so much since when I started playing with it I'm totally clueless about it now.

With the vehicles that can be wrecklifted, I think it works off of what your bonus vehicles are set as. So you have to add that particular vehicle in as a bonus, I think.

@Clowns2 ok, i understand, but the thing is where do i edit that? specifically what file, what location?

You unpacked your domination.pbo, now find the i_client.sqf . Search for this line, d_helilift1_types

**Edited**

Do you have TeamSpeak?

Edited by Clowns2
addition to post

Yes, i have teamspeak. Join uglts.kgclan.org:7788. Thank you for assisting me

With the newer version of Domination, search for GVAR(helilift1_types) in the i_client.sqf , then look for your side-in your case #ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__ , then case (__ACEVer) because your using ACE . There you will see some classnames of the default vehicles. Just add the correct vehicle classname and you should be all set. Some classnames can be found here (just incase you need them) : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73241-ArmA-II-amp-OA-Classnames-No-questions-no-discussion-here!

Ok cool thanks alot. I've been looking around google and here, and couldn't find an updated class name vehicle list for ACE. If anyone can send me a link to one or show me how to find the list of vehicles that Domination ACE west uses that would be awesome.

how do i find the vehicles on that? I only see infantry classes

Choose "Car" or "Armored" or something from the vehicleclass drop down which says "Men" then click the "Change" button to refresh the search.

when i choose armored it only shows the opfor armored vehicles, no blufor.

I would be alot easier and save alot more time if i could get a list of vehicles that are used in game via the domination files. Does anyone know where to look in the domination mission files where there is a list of vehicles that are used?

Change the first field to A2 + OA Vanilla 1.60. :)

No idea how old this is or what version of domi it's from (2010...), but here's the values from line 383 onward of the file that Clowns pointed you to:

[color="#FF0000"]d_helilift1_types[/color] =
#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_EAST__
switch (true) do {
case (__OAVer): {
	["BMP2_HQ_TK_EP1","M113Ambul_TK_EP1","UralSalvage_TK_EP1","UralRepair_TK_EP1","UralRefuel_TK_EP1","UralReammo_TK_EP1","V3S_Open_TK_EP1","V3S_TK_EP1","UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1","D30_TK_EP1"]
};
case (__ACEVer): {
	["BTR90_HQ","GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac","WarfareSalvageTruck_RU","KamazRepair","KamazRefuel","KamazReammo","ACE_KamazReammo","ACE_KamazRefuel","ACE_KamazRepair","Kamaz","KamazOpen","UAZ_RU"]
};
default {
	["BTR90_HQ","GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac","WarfareSalvageTruck_RU","KamazRepair","KamazRefuel","KamazReammo","Kamaz","KamazOpen","UAZ_RU"]
};
};
#endif
#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
switch (true) do {
	["M1133_MEV_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","MTVR_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1","MtvrReammo_DES_EP1","MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1","MtvrRepair_DES_EP1","LandRover_CZ_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1","MtvrSalvage_DES_EP1","M119_US_EP1"]
};
	["LAV25_HQ","HMMWV","HMMWV_Armored","MTVR","HMMWV_Ambulance","MtvrReammo","MtvrRefuel","MtvrRepair","ACE_MTVRRepair","ACE_MTVRReammo","ACE_MTVRRefuel"]
};
default {
	["LAV25_HQ","HMMWV","HMMWV_Armored","MTVR","HMMWV_Ambulance","MtvrReammo","MtvrRefuel","MtvrRepair"]
};
};
#endif
#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_GUER__
[];
#endif
#ifdef __TT__
switch (true) do {
	["BRDM2_HQ_TK_GUE_EP1","GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac","V3S_Salvage_TK_GUE_EP1","V3S_Repair_TK_GUE_EP1","V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP1","V3S_Reammo_TK_GUE_EP1","D30_TK_GUE_EP1"]
};
	["BTR90_HQ","GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac","WarfareSalvageTruck_RU","KamazRepair","KamazRefuel","KamazReammo","ACE_KamazReammo","ACE_KamazRefuel","ACE_KamazRepair","Kamaz","KamazOpen","UAZ_RU","LAV25_HQ","HMMWV","HMMWV_Armored","MTVR","HMMWV_Ambulance","MtvrReammo","MtvrRefuel","MtvrRepair","ACE_MTVRRepair","ACE_MTVRReammo","ACE_MTVRRefuel","M119"]
};
default {
	["BTR90_HQ","GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac","WarfareSalvageTruck_RU","KamazRepair","KamazRefuel","KamazReammo","Kamaz","KamazOpen","UAZ_RU","LAV25_HQ","HMMWV","HMMWV_Armored","MTVR","HMMWV_Ambulance","MtvrReammo","MtvrRefuel","MtvrRepair","M119"]
};
};
#endif

So you'd look for that kind of thing in your i_client.sqf file and edit it.

Yea, i understand where they go, Clowns and i were talking in teamspeak last night about it, i just need to get all the vehicles that are in domination and put them in for the heli lift scripts. Also the code has changed a bit from 2010 domination, as we were discussing last night. Thanks for the help anyway tho.

Ok, so i spent all day eding the script for heli lift vehicles but they arent working. For example, i put the classname of a m1a1 in there, repack the mission load it to the server, try to lift the m1a1 but no lift option. Same thing happens when i try to lift the c130 and other helis. Yet i still can lift vehicles that i usually can like HMMWVs or supply trucks. Does anyone have any advice, or could they post an example script modification that would be correct? I'm not sure if im doing everything the right way. Thanks for the help.

**Edit: I am using ACE West domi, so the script edit would be in the ACEver. Thx

New Question: Does anyone have any idea where to find in the domination mission file of where the classnames of the vehicles that are able to be wreck repaired? I'm having some trouble finding them.

I have read that the repairable wrecks are the ones that can be earned from side-missions/main-missions.

So you have to add them to mt_bonus_vehicle_array or sm_bonus_vehicle_array in the i_common.sqf file

Ok, cool I got it to work. So even though I'm running ACE West, the heli lift types are listed under the "OAver" for ACE. Now, that i have that problem solved, I am trying to get the latest version (2.71) to load in the editor but its not working. I unpboed it, put the mission file into my documents/Arma other profiles/MyName/Missions. I loaded it in the editor and basically nothing showed up at all(like all the repair points, crates, helis, etc at base). If anyone can tell me how to get around this to access the mission in the editor, please show me that would be great. Here is the latest download for Domi 2.71:https://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

Thanks!

Edited by DHope129

Ok, cool I got it to work. So even though I'm running ACE West, the heli lift types are listed under the "OAver" for ACE. Now, that i have that problem solved, I am trying to get the latest version (2.71) to load in the editor but its not working. I unpboed it, put the mission file into my documents/Arma other profiles/MyName/Missions. I loaded it in the editor and basically nothing showed up at all(like all the repair points, crates, helis, etc at base). If anyone can tell me how to get around this to access the mission in the editor, please show me that would be great. Here is the latest download for Domi 2.71:https://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

Thanks!

+1

Thanks!

So how do we now change what Helie's can be used as lift choppers ?.

P.S thanks I've been searching for how to do this for ages!. this will now complete my takistan edit (well if i can also find how to add other choppers as lifters ;)