Sign in to follow this  
radarhead

Gameovercast Carrier command interview... questions?

Hello Carrier commanders!

I am part of the GameOverCast.co.uk, an enthusiast video gaming podcast. We are going to Gamescom this week and have been lucky enough to get a chance to see Carrier Command and will be hoping to interview members of the development team.

I have been in the beta for a while and can't wait to find out what its going to be when it comes out.

We would love to put some questions directly from the fans so if you have any do post them here and we will do our best to ask as many of them as we can - I will post a link to the podcast with the interview when we get back next week.

Thanks,

Mike.

I would like to know what the plans are for Carrier Command post release. Will there be new content coming for it such as new equipment or even new kinds of Mantas and Walruses with different specs, or even a new carrier type with different capabilities? Any plans for adding new game modes?

Will there be some love for the modding community (and I'm talking PC only here (Xbox *spit*)) that will take this game to new heights?

Yes. Modders will be sent a letter that makes them aware of the fact that their actions are a copyright infringement, along with an invoice of the lawyer that sent the letter.

Will there be some love for the modding community (and I'm talking PC only here (Xbox *spit*)) that will take this game to new heights?

I think they've already pretty much said we're not getting modding support.

Hello everyone.

I think they've already pretty much said we're not getting modding support.

Just would like to clarify that this is not the case. We have taken a move towards making the game more modable. Even at this point it is possible to add custom worlds, effects, sounds and so on. We are working on making as much of the game mod-friendly as possible. This applies only to the PC version, however.

As for specific modding tools (used to edit worlds, particle effects, and so on), those need to be prepared, and a lot of work has to go into them. It is definitely something we wish to do, however it will depend on how popular the game will be, as I mentioned at GamesCom. That said, we are aware that modding can increase the popularity of the game somewhat, as can be seen with DayZ. In any case, we will have to see how things go. Rest assured, modability is a thing that is currently being discussed (again, applicable to the PC version only).

Take care,

Martin Melicharek

I belive modability is a must for this game. There are a lot expansion areas that this game can follow, like island resourse, fortifications, managment and building. It can also expand as multiplayer in roles like island commanders, vehicle drivers, arm operators, why not other carriers.

I do belive this game has great ongoing development potentials.

It's interesting that a few threads hereabouts have mentioned Battlezone. A few of the Bohemia guys have said that Carrier Command was partly responsible for getting them into games development, whereas for the Realtime guys it was Battlezone. We played the original arcade game in Leeds university's union bar and I could play on a single 10p for hours.

I loved nearly everything about the game, and as a result, the first game we ever released was "Tank Duel" back in 1984, and it was a pretty blatant copy of Battlezone.

It sold well, but I was disappointed; did you notice I said "nearly everything"? I wanted to drive off to those mountains!