Sign in to follow this  
Linkybaa

Need help with Arma 2...

Hey guys! I've played 275 hours of Arma 2: CO, with about 250 of that being on DayZ. It's became my most played game on Steam!

I've always played on the lowest settings despite having a good rig, as Arma 2 isn't greatly optimised. I always get 60 FPS without any problems. Recently, I was playing on roleplaying servers, and of course they suffer from FPS problems, leading me to usually only get around 20-30 FPS even on the lowest settings because of the busy map! That's perfectly fine, and I'm used to it. But yesterday, I joined a RP server (after just leaving another without any problems) and encountered terrible lag! I had input lag, and general game lag, and I was only getting 3-4 FPS.

I left the match, thinking it was the server, only to find that even in the main menu, I was lagging. I've heard of people having this problem, and I've found that I'm getting 3-4 FPS on the menu and in-game on all of Arma 2's components! I reinstalled every Arma 2 game overnight, but as soon as I launched barebones Arma 2 this morning, I found I was still getting 3-4 FPS in the menu :(.

Can anyone help a player in distress?

**Specs:**

>*GTX 560 Ti - 1GB VRAM*

>*AMD Phenom II X4 955 ~3.2GHz*

>*4GB RAM*

you might want to delete one of your posts....

§9) Do not cross-post

Do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum simply to get an answer quicker or to draw more attention to your post.

Moved to troubleshooting for now (until we know if you are running vanilla or not).

Duplicate thread deleted. Please do not crosspost!

Also, you and your friend both have this problem?

Are you using any custom content (DayZ is also custom content!)? If so diable all and run the vanilla (default) game. If the problem is gone it is related to the content you are uisng and than you should post in the thread of that custom release or in the case of DayZ on the DayZ forums.

What version of the game do you have? Retail or did you download it? If the latest, Sprocket, Steam or elsewhere?

My first bet - remove armas cache/missions cache (that one where all the missions get downloaded too if you join a server)

Perhaps that folder doesn't get removed with the uninstaller (I never had to reinstall arma so I don't know it)

Roleplay servers have an amazing tendency to screw over my FPS on a regular basis [Rig is in my Sig, the spoiler]

Just press 'n hold left shift, then - on the numpad, then type in flush. There will be no text saying you typed it in, your screen will go black saying "Activated" and your FPS should resume. Most of the time its a faulty LOD that causes a memory leak :) (Lol, its funny how leaving ARMA players alone in a box for 4 hours can cause so many issues)