Sign in to follow this  
CyclonicTuna

Is Arma III gonna shape up?

I know BIS is trying their absolute best on ArmA 3. But my only hope is that they really look into not only DX11 features, but also DX10 features. Remembering ArmA 2, thus RV3, was only DX9. DX10 brought in loads of new graphical upgrades as well. I just hope BIS aren't just doing a half hearted job at 'trying' to get these graphics features working. ArmA is really a platform rather than a game. I'd much rather see much nicer graphics engine, thus platform, then a amazing campaign that took up all the time of the developers. That's just me. But I hope that BIS get some DX10 and 11 features in there. It can be done, it takes time, but I really do hope they do it. I'm almost certain Tessellation on Vehicles, Player models and even objects wouldn't impact too much performance. Improved Shader models could also be achieved. These sort of upgrades can make the engine go from a 6 or 7/10 to a 8-9/10.

I know BIS is trying their absolute best on ArmA 3. But my only hope is that they really look into not only DX11 features, but also DX10 features. Remembering ArmA 2, thus RV3, was only DX9. DX10 brought in loads of new graphical upgrades as well. I just hope BIS aren't just doing a half hearted job at 'trying' to get these graphics features working. ArmA is really a platform rather than a game. I'd much rather see much nicer graphics engine, thus platform, then a amazing campaign that took up all the time of the developers. That's just me. But I hope that BIS get some DX10 and 11 features in there. It can be done, it takes time, but I really do hope they do it. I'm almost certain Tessellation on Vehicles, Player models and even objects wouldn't impact too much performance. Improved Shader models could also be achieved. These sort of upgrades can make the engine go from a 6 or 7/10 to a 8-9/10.

DX10 will matter not, period.

only DX11.x!! only VICTORY !!!

/me waves flag of "immense scalabilty/persistency of dataflow, cortesty of SM5.x/DirectCompute"

basically, there is no other ways to utilise more that 3 cores for GFX, w/o DX11.

unless BIS will turn to OpenGL 4.3 and etc, of course.

as sideway there is possible DirectCompute/OpenCL workarounds, which both working on older drivers and [surprise, surprise!!]older OS'es, but sadly, thats unlikely to happen, cuz major BIS sponsor[iNtel]reliance on Microsoft pressured-decisions. bright side - they are even MORE scalable than both Sli/CFx and basically already become part/mainstay of majority of HPC stacks.

p.s.

next time you asks about something like "please not leave DirectX7 support in Arma4", think how its would [eventually]looks like in result.

both overall, for majority of installbase and against majority of gamers.

and no, 95% of gamers, run x64-bit Vista/Win7 presently. those who won't will matter not and die SOOON !![Evil laugh] starting from XBOX360 owners, obviously.

Edited by BasileyOne

cuz major BIS sponsor[iNtel]

Umm.... WHAT....

DX10 will matter not, period.

only DX11.x!! only VICTORY !!!

/me waves flag of "immense scalabilty/persistency of dataflow, cortesty of SM5.x/DirectCompute"

basically, there is no other ways to utilise more that 3 cores for GFX, w/o DX11.

unless BIS will turn to OpenGL 4.3 and etc, of course.

as sideway there is possible DirectCompute/OpenCL workarounds, which both working on older drivers and [surprise, surprise!!]older OS'es, but sadly, thats unlikely to happen, cuz major BIS sponsor[iNtel]reliance on Microsoft pressured-decisions. bright side - they are even MORE scalable than both Sli/CFx and basically already become part of majority of HPC stacks.

p.s.

next time you asks about something like "please not leave DirectX7 support in Arma4", think how its would [eventually]looks like in result.

both overall, for majority of installbase and against majority of gamers.

and no, 95% of gamers, run x64-bit Vista/Win7 presently. those who won't will matter not and die SOOON !![Evil laugh] starting from XBOX360 owners, obviously.

Could someone translate this please ?

hahhahahahah this thread makes me laugh, tesselation and dx11(when has came the patch 1.9 with dx 11 in crysis 2 the performances were reduced of 50%) in general are the FPS's killer, about the graphics arma 3 now is up to date. the only problem that i had in arma 2 was the awful animations (all animations). I hope, instead the graphics, in new animation's system more fluent and natural

Edited by Zukov

hahhahahahah this thread makes me laugh, tesselation and dx11(when has came the patch 1.9 with dx 11 in crysis 2 the performances were reduced of 50%) in general are the FPS's killer, about the graphics arma 3 now is up to date. the only problem that i had in arma 2 was the awful animations (all animations). I hope, instead the graphics, in new animation's system more fluent and natural

well, its actually explain why and how DirectX11 could be used.

you can use it to boost performance. OR you can stick on boosting GFX cookies/beauties. guess what option Crytek choosen.

without DirectX11 or OpenGL 4.3 you hand't had such options/flexibility.

nor you had rights to help God to keep alive, anymore.

hahhahahahah this thread makes me laugh, tesselation and dx11(when has came the patch 1.9 with dx 11 in crysis 2 the performances are reducing of 50%) in general are the FPS's killer, about the graphics arma 3 now is up to date. the only problem that i had in arma 2 was the awful animations (all animations). I hope, instead the graphics, in new animation's system more fluent and natural

yeah, MC-based animations would b cool. cuz nearly anything[you do ingame] look awful in Arma2Co. most thing is lot more awful than in OFP:R, btw :[

but thats main source of problems - engine, cuz most/all animations rendered as cycled static loops, not procedural animations, which is essential for impact you presume/require.

Edited by BasileyOne

yeah, MC-based animations would b cool. cuz nearly anything[you do ingame] look awful in Arma2Co. most thing is lot more awful than in OFP:R, btw :[

but thats main source of problems - engine, cuz most/all animations rendered as cycled static loops, not procedural animations, which is essential for impact you presume/require.

To you and Zukov, according to the April animations interview, Smookie did two thirds of the recording while Rocket did the other third; there's still photos of Rocket in the mo-cap suit back when he was "just" a multiplayer designer who was serving New Zealand military. ;)