Sign in to follow this  
Z0MBiE

Problem after following tutorial

So I was following Bushlurker's tutorial and got his Afghan map working in bulldozer, exported it, went to binarize it and it threw up a few errors saying "Binarize.exe has stopped working". The map isn't showing up in game.

I've pasted the log it created here:

http://pastebin.com/99tzMa01

Maybe someone can help me solve this. :)

Hi ZOMBiE

Hmm - an impressive array of errors there in the log.....

Well - not so much errors as - missing stuff, I think...

Let's look at the log a little.....

Firstly you have a lot of "Updating base class" entries - that's normal enough - I notice one or two of the items being updated are "BAF" or "EP1" items, which would suggest that you have a full Combined Operations Main Game, and that it's been unpacked to P:\CA...

So far so good....

Then we hit some "Cannot register string STR_WHATEVER - global stringtable not found"'s - a LOT of them!!

That's odd...!

Then we get a lot of "No entry - blah.blah" errors.... that's also odd... particularly the "Weather Related" ones.....

This sounds awful like an incomplete or unsuccessful CA unpack, so normally I'd be asking if you used Arma2P correctly as per my Tutorial instructions and did it complete properly....

However, I'm going to guess and ask....

"Did you install the correct and most up-to-date tools suite"?

THIS ONE - 2.5.1

For a complete Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead install - it's very important that you use the 2.5.1 version of the tools - so that's my first guess....

Could you check the tools suite you installed? - was it the latest 2.5.1 version?

Let us know!

If that's not the problem, we'll take a closer look....

B

You were right, after a restart and reinstalling the latest tools it's working perfectly. I thought I had the latest tools installed but maybe it didn't work because I didn't uninstall the old tools first? Thanks for taking the time to reply I appreciate it.

Also, thanks alot for the tutorial, it was your Carraigdubh map that inspired me to give this a go. Without people like you modding games would be extremely difficult to get into. ;)

And do you have any suggestions of where to go after your tutorial? I'm guessing Mondkalb's tutorial would be a good next step?

---------- Post added at 08:00 ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 ----------

Now Buldozer has decided it likes to crash when I'm trying to make my own map, works fine when I preview your tutorial map. Terrain making hates me. :(

Edited by Z0MBiE

Now Buldozer has decided it likes to crash when I'm trying to make my own map, works fine when I preview your tutorial map. Terrain making hates me. :(

Make sure your terrain is textured otherwise buldozer likes to crash. I keep a solid green mask and a grass sat layer around that I can resize for any map just so I can see terrain.

Additionally, it might be something wrong with how you imported it. Perhaps giving that another go and making sure you don't miss anything would be the way to go about it.

Make sure your terrain is textured otherwise buldozer likes to crash. I keep a solid green mask and a grass sat layer around that I can resize for any map just so I can see terrain.

This was the problem. Thanks alot. Now I can get working! :D