Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

It was a tough call, but you have to understand it from our side also. On one hand yes at this stage A3 does not offer much in terms of enemy, however neither did A2 without the amazing modding community. We are not worried about this because the modmakers for A3 will be the best yet. Looking even at the progress of the Alpha I can tell you for sure that within no time AFRF will have worthy enemies.

The main reasons for the "hippster-hype A3" switch is the enormous pressure in time. Even at the best case scenario, we would release 0.2 for A2OA well after full A3 release. At this point it would be a great shame because certainly the whole community will be playing A3 by then. So then we would go onto A3 development and given all the advancements in the engine tech it would take an enormous amount of time JUST to release the same 0.2 for A3, let alone add new things. And most importantly if enevitabely we are going to switch to A3 anyway, it makes little sense not to do it now don't you think?

Trust me we hit this with every Arma release so far.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h70/ballistic09/2013-04-23_00020.jpg (176 kB)

The main reasons for the "hippster-hype A3" switch is the enormous pressure in time. Even at the best case scenario, we would release 0.2 for A2OA well after full A3 release. At this point it would be a great shame because certainly the whole community will be playing A3 by then. So then we would go onto A3 development and given all the advancements in the engine tech it would take an enormous amount of time JUST to release the same 0.2 for A3, let alone add new things. And most importantly if enevitabely we are going to switch to A3 anyway, it makes little sense not to do it now don't you think?

Trust me we hit this with every Arma release so far.

Well, I understand the motives behind this decision and full support your team. And frankly saying, Arma 3 promises much more in terms of gameplay features, such as physics support and various visual effects.

Who is putting the pressure on you to release addons/mod "just in time" of A3 release? How do you know that BIS won't delay the A3 release into Q1 2014? What kind of "great shame" is it to release an new update/upgrade for an A2OA addon/mod?

I understand if you concentrate on A3 version due to lack of free time but would have been nice to get some goodies for A2CO.

Personal opinion but I also doubt that most of the community jumped on A3 while A2CO is fully patched and supported by an insane number of quality addons.At this stage A3 Alpha is exactly what the name says basically a very wip version.Heck I just fire it up more for testing than to play.

I was hesitant about RHS going to Arma3 myself but when u think about it if we release for A2 like Soul Assassin said to me one time "it means we have to do things twice" and that would seriously delay an A3 release while here we have a chance to get on the bandwagon early as possible and I have no doubt nearly everyone would switch to A3 not too far in the future.

I can assure you our team will be doing there dam best to get you guyz a quality release for A3 as soon as we can, and it's gonna be one hell of a busy ride.

Also on a side note:

If anyone is interested in joining the RHS team and they have good experience in scripting OR Oxygen 2 please contact us by pm so we can discuss further.

This is an area we are a bit short staffed at the moment :(

I understand if you concentrate on A3 version due to lack of free time but would have been nice to get some goodies for A2CO.

Personal opinion but I also doubt that most of the community jumped on A3 while A2CO is fully patched and supported by an insane number of quality addons.At this stage A3 Alpha is exactly what the name says basically a very wip version.Heck I just fire it up more for testing than to play.

Again I must stress that most of you fail to see the timeline clearly. A3 is alpha...for now. At some point it will not be alpha anymore. AFRF 0.2 is a long way off whether for A2 or A3, a lot of things will change by then.

It's understood almost no Modders are willing to make any substantial release unless they didn't want to start the work of Arma3 earlier. But it's still regretfull. It seems things just like it upon transition each time. When we got lots of mods, addons and matured work from the Modders and waited for their much better updating or further full releases in OFP, then Arma emerged. And then the same cycles from Arma1 to Arma2. And now from Arma2 to arma3. Undoubtfully, we wont get so many nice mods of Arma3 like what we have now got in Arma2 until the eve of Arma4. And then, when we expect some final or full release for some mods, they wouldnt come in as well for reason of Arma4... It's painful but we can't change such trend.

Personally, I haven't got Arma3 and just plan to purchase it after its official release. Just suggesting to release some finished stuff for Arma2 if there would be no full release at all.

It's very sad for me to see that there won't be AFRF for A2OA. But you are the bosses, so it's up to you to decide.

BTW I suppose you have some stuff for A2, how about release of it 'as is' for those who like your mod but don't play ArmA3 for some reasons?

Edited by Spooky Lynx

Since this is going to be released for A3, will the picture-in-picture feature be utilized on tank/APC periscopes and optics? Would love to be able to drive a BMP-2 or similar vehicle with the extra peripheral vision from all of the periscopes.

please to OA2 release standalone addons T-80U and BTR-80A for RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6

disappointing to hear that you will not release anything more for A2...

A3 is awhile off for me yet, so thanks for the good times RHS :jump_clap:

I can assure you our team will be doing there dam best to get you guyz a quality release for A3 as soon as we can, and it's gonna be one hell of a busy ride.

That's great to hear, cant wait... these guys are gonna look awesome in Arma 3!

as dissapointing as it sounds, there is a good side to it, hint: somewhere on f.ru you can see it your selves...

as long as quality is the reason, i'm prepared to sacrifice platform.

hi guys, is it normal that the commander of a t-80bvk has a view with a fixed orizontal angle or am i missing something? thx

T-80 and T-80A works as i expected, all the others not

Edited by rocksoldier

hi guys, is it normal that the commander of a t-80bvk has a view with a fixed orizontal angle or am i missing something? thx

T-80 and T-80A works as i expected, all the others not

no not supposed to be like that but as discussed before it is a engine bug we ran into and can't find a workaround

thanks, i can't wait to see this wonderfull mod in ARMA3! (hoping that those engine problems will be solved there)

I know this is a small post in a million other posts, and I don't know if it has been mentioned, but the T-80's 125mm cannon seems to be nerfed out very badly. It can penetrate 300mm of armour at 60degrees out to 2000m. However in the game you need to shots to defeat the T-72. And at least 3 shots to disable the leopard tank from Bundeswehr mod. I'm not well versed in it's armour but it seems very weak too.

browse around the http://afrf.redhammer.su/ site for more ammo and armor comparisons. This has been under much discussion.

Ok....maybe it's my mistake on this, but for some reason, the gun seems to be weaker than BIS' T-90's counterpart when they both use the same gun......and ammunition that is.

well thats the thing look how many ammo types we provide, some are less powerful some are more. The bis round is also in the chart look on the right side.

Pardon me, as I don't know much about russian tanks. By default the T-80 used the 3BM46 right? So by this graph we should use the 3BK31 to achieve better results than the SABOT round used in the T90? Anyway, I want to say this is a very nice mod, and good job.

Edited by ZuluNineFiveActual

I wanna to use those BMP for my troops in some missions of Soviet era. But it seems there is no soviet logo BMP for options in your unit list. Is there any way to get it just like your BRT70 which has such Sov choice?

This was really sad news indeed, been waiting all year long along with all our other team members, well A3 is crap, and won’t be anything for our group. Good luck with A3 and thanks for past releases that been. This effectively ends our OPF/Arma gaming permanently but nothing lasts forever right! :)

Hi, sorry for my English. After connecting the mod - game is terribly slow