Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

well, sorry i called you like that, I just figured it out (like a nick name) someday when i was reading your posts regarding abramses on mp.net

I must agree on IEDs.

Yet I can't agree on UD, although again, if you are talking about finished product.

If you are talking about initial project, yes i agree with you, because U got UD's turret. The rest is gas turbine vs. diesel.

Not exactly. As far as I know the history of soviet tanks. The T-80U was first, although it's turret design is inherited from T-80A which again had turret design inherited from some R&D work performed in KMDB on more advanced T-64.

However the T-80U have a completely useless, awfull, and ridicoulus tank commander cupola design, and especially them heavy machine gun mount is... a tragedy. I wonder who was so "briliant" to design this that way. The T-80UD as being KMDB's choice for T-64 replacement, received their cupola with remotely controlled heavy machine gun, which proved to be the best cupola design used on soviet tanks. Much more comfrotable to use also and the heavy machine gun mount didn not obscured commander vision.

As for the engine, IMHO 6TD-1 was a better choice than GTD-1250, less powerfull yes, but 1,000HP was sufficent to move a vehicle weighting below 50 tons limit.

Maybe some day we will also get a Iveco LMV. Aren't they mass producing them in Russia now? News articles say they've ordered thousands over the GAZ Tigr. Regardless, Tigr is a great looking vehicle and it will be a welcomed addition once it is released :)

Yeah I'm kinda amazed with the LMV story and surprised that russians decided to get it instead of something local like Tigr.What was so wrong with the Tigr?

I think the first versions used an american engine and the russian army didn't liked that,but they changed the engine with the Tigr-M.

The only thing wrong with it is that it is not produced widely since now. Oh and former defence minister misliked domestic weapon industry and admired all foreign (badges, aircraft grey color, brigade structure etc.), and I suppose it's the main reason.

The only thing wrong with it is that it is not produced widely since now. Oh and former defence minister misliked domestic weapon industry and admired all foreign (badges, aircraft grey color, brigade structure etc.), and I suppose it's the main reason.

It lost in a competition against LMV.. why would you spend money on the looser simply because it is designed in Russia. This isn't cold war, Russia can purchase anything.

Edited by Kamov

Just caught up on the last few pages...Jaw dropping stuff as usual RHS

oh and the BTR80.....my fav...awesome....you guys rock.....

Guys, any update on this point?

Q: I like to play with sound mods such as JSRS? Is this mod compatible?

A: The AFRF sounds at the moment are hardlinked to the mod, so running sound mods along side will not modify them. This is still a point of discussion. All other vanilla sounds will still work with JSRS without any problems.

As I´m currently testing JSRS 1.5 and reworking the newest version of The Forgotten Few campaign to feature Units and vehicles from various mods ,such as ACE, AFRF and more, I also compared the sounds of your vehicels to the sounds of JSRS 1.5

The new scripts and sounds for distant vehicels in JSRS 1.5 really add immersion to the game and I would really like if your excellent AFRF vehicles would benefit from that as well.

Guys, any update on this point?

As I´m currently testing JSRS 1.5 and reworking the newest version of The Forgotten Few campaign to feature Units and vehicles from various mods ,such as ACE, AFRF and more, I also compared the sounds of your vehicels to the sounds of JSRS 1.5

The new scripts and sounds for distant vehicels in JSRS 1.5 really add immersion to the game and I would really like if your excellent AFRF vehicles would benefit from that as well.

One could easily write a JSRS sound replacement config for RHS vehicles if one would feel it is that important.

One could easily write a JSRS sound replacement config for RHS vehicles if one would feel it is that important.

Would you be that one?

Or would you write a tutorial on how to do it?

Would you be that one?

Or would you write a tutorial on how to do it?

No, i will definitely not gonna be that one, because i don't feel it is that important. I was thinking the one coming back with the same question to do it, as in you.

There are plenty tutorials about cfgs

No, i will definitely not gonna be that one, because i don't feel it is that important. I was thinking the one coming back with the same question to do it, as in you.

There are plenty tutorials about cfgs

Its not a straight forward thing. You need to understand it, the wiki is not good at explaining things as well as other dev wiki's like VDC.

Yeah I'm kinda amazed with the LMV story and surprised that russians decided to get it instead of something local like Tigr.What was so wrong with the Tigr?

I think the first versions used an american engine and the russian army didn't liked that,but they changed the engine with the Tigr-M.

corrupted officials.

watch Russian TV/newspaper - former Defense minister in court, his subordinates detained or under arrest.

and yes, LMV inferior in ALL aspect: control[on "trials" driver simply evade obstacles, with humilating laugh from watching military], cross-country performance[if had anyy], protection, reliability, cargo capacity/weight, suitability for utilitary use[ie anything else than carrying big fat civilians in peacetime] and etc and etc[and not forget price. for this piece of junk].

several other dirty money raised on others contracts for military or simply stolen.

several conscripts was sick/ill/dead cause someone steal money to keep their barrack warm[enough] in winter, for example.

several fundamental objects of infrastructure was sold[and money stolen], most of which build for decades[thats include vital R&D facilities, EWS-related objects or even WMD security -related stuff and etc and etc].

overall amounts of damages[only financial side without cost of lives and cost of impact on defense, ie lifes/country survival]vary from 1trln to 4trln Roubles.

why does JSRS not accommodate for this demand though?

LJ is currently finishing version 1.5, so he has absolutely no time for that. And he can´t make configs for every mod out there, even if it is as great as this one.

But maybe you guys should speak to him. You could cooperate.

LJ is currently finishing version 1.5, so he has absolutely no time for that.

Haha ok you've convinced me. Its indeed time we get off our lounge chairs, put down our cocktails, tell the pretty girls to stay back and stop faffing about. After all aside from making models, textures, missions, scripts, GUIs and our own sounds (!!!) we should drop everything and indeed config compatibility to every mod, even one as great as JSRS. Watch out North Korea army mod, AFRF support is coming!

I think you can see the dilemma. In my mind I think the strongest argument for JSRS doing the configs is the fact that he doesnt need to learn how his stuff works. He could just add all that's needed to our base configs. We on the other hand have no idea how all the JSRS configuration or scripts work so somebody would actually need to stop what they are doing, learn the JSRS workflow and then do it. No thank you. ACE already cost us 3 months.

Also whoever is NOT playing with JSRS has to suffer horrible vanilla sounds. That's just unacceptable.

What Soul says is 100% correct. It shouldn't be on us to add it. It's more complicated adding these kind of things to our mod than the average joe would believe.

Also whoever is NOT playing with JSRS has to suffer horrible vanilla sounds. That's just unacceptable.

Indeed, Though assuming people are using AFRF in lieu of default Russians they shouldn't experience sound conflicts anyway.

its indeed time we get off our lounge chairs, put down our cocktails, tell the pretty girls to stay back and stop faffing about.

never!!!!

Its indeed time we get off our lounge chairs, put down our cocktails, tell the pretty girls to stay back and stop faffing about.

You know I only do it for the women.

Could You tell us something about VV, and VDV, from Yours project? Do You have some screens?

For me this is one of the most anticipated mods during 2013 along with the new modern Russian Jeep out there. Keep up the good work. :ok:

Guys, what have you decided about returning your additional skins to BTR-70 and BMDs?

Guys, what have you decided about returning your additional skins to BTR-70 and BMDs?

At the moment we are just focusing on plain green russian vehicles. Maybe sometime in the future we may focus on adding some camo's but we will discuss this sometime later as we have alot more important work to worry about than adding camo's now. We also have alot of things planned and would like to keep the file size of the mod down for now.

Myself personally i have a mammoth load of vehicles to texture for 0.2 ;)

Edited by vasmkd