Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

there is no single vehicle in the game that has a similar turret set up to ours. The T80B commander mg is NOT operational when turned in as should not be in real life. All bis vehicles have it operational. Therein lies the problem. So please dont say things like that when in fact you have not done your homework.

Thx for the explanation.

Seem to remember there are problem relate to track amount of ammo in magazine also

I'm not aware of any eventHandler that can fire off at commanders turn out state. But i'm not a scripter.

yup, i dont think there is, but I was thinking just wait until the commander fires to prevent it. But, I think that would be problematic, because I dont think you can programmatically detect whether the commander is turned in or not.

Either way, seems a lot of trouble trying to get around an engine limitation.

Anyway, Love your work!

@RHS team: Congratulations for release of really great addons! ;)

Really great addon guys, very professional in its quality. I also like the new main menu style, it's a nice fresh and modern change.

God dammit guys!

Till 10th of august I've been home alone for weeks with plenty of time to play arma. Then I left for Russia picking up the rest of the lot.

Now sitting at the airport on our way back checking this forum. And what do I have to see? Your fvcking release on the day of my departure!!!

Thx a lot for the long expected release! I'll find some time to enjoy your addon (I have too).

Thanks a lot, again! Молодцы!

Edited by DiFool

Part of reason mod have T-80A/B/BV instead of more new tank like T-80U/T-72BM/T-90A/AM is that T-80 and T-64 were orignaly made for germany85/project85 mod so were design to be for 1985 time period. It take near 1 to 2 years for me to make new tank as i am unable to spend large amount of time on project so progress is very slow. If i start to make T-90A/AM or modern T-72 upgrade probab it would not make release until late 2013 pos 2014. On brightside T-80U i have work on for while and it not 100% blank start so it will not take so long ^_^

T-80A is not 100% accurate it was quick addition to orignal pack to give closest thing to T-80U i able to make with least work so not to delay pack for another 6-8month same with orignal model t-80 is not 100% acurate as it have incorrect road wheel design of T-80B.

Another guy who's looking forward for a second T-80U to be implemented into the game--it makes good sense that the T-80U in particular is towards the end of your tech scale, so to speak.

On the bright side, it sounds like you have something to work with. :) It's some hope for that personal favorite of mine (apparently, I'm not alone!).

@RHS team: Congratulations for release of really great addons! ;)

Hey, Maa old pal, thanks for the kind words :)

Will you improve yours cargo system (for bmd's, bmp-2's and btr's) in next version? Maybe making something like in ace for bmd's will be good solution...? :) Great mod :).

Played a bit around with your addons today.

It's been like birthday and xmas at the same time. :)

I have to say that I'm really sad that SA's previous BMD addons cannot be used together with this release, though. A camo version and a peacekeeper skin is most desirable (think of the August War).

Furthermore I'd like too ask you to add some more termal/NV optics to your armored vehicles. It's a real disadvantage compared to other addons.

Played a bit around with your addons today.

It's been like birthday and xmas at the same time. :)

I have to say that I'm really sad that SA's previous BMD addons cannot be used together with this release, though. A camo version and a peacekeeper skin is most desirable (think of the August War).

Furthermore I'd like too ask you to add some more termal/NV optics to your armored vehicles. It's a real disadvantage compared to other addons.

The vehicles have the optics that they have in real life. These older vehicles are the backbone of the russian forces and essentially need to be in the mod. Nowadays you can see quite alot of thermal stuff especially on trade shows but as far as fielded I have not seen that much. As for NV, all vehicles have them, just cycle through the sights using Num+.

Where can we get units from this video

? Are they available? Edited by 1986Marek

Where can we get units from this video
? Are they available?

no. that was an early unfinished build of the units you have now.

damn, they were great. i cant wait for your next release and in the meantime im waiting for screens of the new units. stay sharp :) .

Edited by 1986Marek

in the meantime im waiting for screens of the new units. .

What alex was saying was that those units in the video, got better and became the units you see in the first release. :)

Where can I get your CWA addons? I already have some but I have this hinch that something is missing...

So i have to wait for rest of the forces :P . Sorry for that all questions, but will You add units with modular vests like Brest, Nerpa, Tarzan M37 and other like Lazutczik? Will You give Smiersz SWD, AK/WOG, PKM vests, and uniforms in Partizan, Partizan-M, Sumrak camos to recon unit, like VDV recon? :)

I really admire the infantry, vehicles and even the menu screen but is there anyway to disable the loading screens?

I really admire the infantry, vehicles and even the menu screen but is there anyway to disable the loading screens?

No fivechars

So i have to wait for rest of the forces :P . Sorry for that all questions, but will You add units with modular vests like Brest, Nerpa, Tarzan M37 and other like Lazutczik? Will You give Smiersz SWD, AK/WOG, PKM vests, and uniforms in Partizan, Partizan-M, Sumrak camos to recon unit, like VDV recon?

It hasnt been easy getting up to v0.1. I have done but the smallest fraction of the work and even for me it was still one of the largest projects I have ever undertook. All in time mate, it is only v0.1 afterall.

It hasnt been easy getting up to v0.1. I have done but the smallest fraction of the work and even for me it was still one of the largest projects I have ever undertook. All in time mate, it is only v0.1 afterall.

Furthermore, it is very much necessary to pick and choose the projects wisely and not all the time you will get what you want. Otherwise it would be impossible to ever finish anything. Some things we would want to have there (like camos for all vehicles) but who is going to download a mod with 20GB? Why also have all possible camo variations for troops? We have to think in terms of playability, what is needed, rather than peoples personal tastes.

Oh I think a lot of people would download your work even if it's 20 GB or more :)

The vehicles have the optics that they have in real life. These older vehicles are the backbone of the russian forces and essentially need to be in the mod. Nowadays you can see quite alot of thermal stuff especially on trade shows but as far as fielded I have not seen that much. As for NV, all vehicles have them, just cycle through the sights using Num+.

Thx for the info!

Great that you have chosen the VV from the North Caucasus Okrug btw.

Edited by DiFool