Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

So am I. Please, understand me correctly - I'm not bitching here about bmp1-2, bmd1-2 and t-80 are in .01 release. I just don't like then people begin to request soviet-era helmets & uniform for troops and MBTs from the 60s of XX century, saying that modern RuAF should use them in game there every Bluefor non-fiction faction have state of the art equipment. We already have Cold War themed mod.

It's what you think but not for me. I'd like to see cold war units from them if they could do. Their IFVS are looking very nice and also the great details of infantry models and kits. Good things would never be got too much. Yes, now there is a Cold War Mod and P85 Mod as well. But I still wish RHS' work to bring much better stuff on this scenaria. I like the modelling way they doing.

Amazing work guys! State of the art units and vehicles you offered us here! Keep it up!

I just have one question about your future updates. Are you going to contain any Special Forces?

And again great and very detailed job! Thank you!

Will You add some new units in next version??

Im sure we will.

Amazing work guys! State of the art units and vehicles you offered us here! Keep it up!

I just have one question about your future updates. Are you going to contain any Special Forces?

And again great and very detailed job! Thank you!

I do believe that special forces will be somewhere in the pipeline.

I do believe that special forces will be somewhere in the pipeline.

Well, in the meantime we can always use your spetsnaz packs.

Do You Guys have in plans make removable D-10 parachute, or D-6 series 4, for VDV, and VV units, something like in Operation French Point (VIP)? I thin that could be nice :)

Excellent release, and lots of content as well!

Part of reason mod have T-80A/B/BV instead of more new tank like T-80U/T-72BM/T-90A/AM is that T-80 and T-64 were orignaly made for germany85/project85 mod so were design to be for 1985 time period. It take near 1 to 2 years for me to make new tank as i am unable to spend large amount of time on project so progress is very slow. If i start to make T-90A/AM or modern T-72 upgrade probab it would not make release until late 2013 pos 2014. On brightside T-80U i have work on for while and it not 100% blank start so it will not take so long ^_^

T-80A is not 100% accurate it was quick addition to orignal pack to give closest thing to T-80U i able to make with least work so not to delay pack for another 6-8month same with orignal model t-80 is not 100% acurate as it have incorrect road wheel design of T-80B.

Edited by hitokiri

I included this amazing addon as an optional addon to my mission Zub. Russians are there as one peaceful/less seen AI faction if played in normal way, but if you anger the bear the addon becomes much seen. Most of the addon content is inluded. :)

You can find the mission here if interested (addon is currently in SP version 2.3):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132726-SP-MP-Dynamic-Whole-Map-Missions-by-SaOk

Thanks for the excelent addon!

Edited by SaOk

I included this amazing addon as an optional addon to my mission Zub. Russians are there as one peaceful/less seen AI faction if played in normal way, but if you anger the bear the addon becomes much seen. Most of the addon content is inluded. :)

You can find the mission here if interested (addon is currently in SP version 2.3):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132726-SP-MP-Dynamic-Whole-Map-Missions-by-SaOk

Thanks for the excelent addon!

Featured on our site :)

http://redhammer.su/

Absolutely love the mod.

But I wouldn't be Russian if I didn't criticize. One draw back for me are the tanks....and specifically a certain part of the tanks. That's the commander spot where I cant move my site up....Only to the sides. I understand this is for realism purposes, but when I see an enemy outside just above me in elevation, I have to press f2-2-and select the tank instead of just pointing and clicking it. Is there an easier way to get around this I don't know about (other than switching to the gunner)? It was same thing with your T-80 pack except for a Tank called T80 Objekt ???.

Also, any chance you guys would be interested in making desert version?

Absolutely love the mod.

But I wouldn't be Russian if I didn't criticize. One draw back for me are the tanks....and specifically a certain part of the tanks. That's the commander spot where I cant move my site up....Only to the sides. I understand this is for realism purposes, but when I see an enemy outside just above me in elevation, I have to press f2-2-and select the tank instead of just pointing and clicking it. Is there an easier way to get around this I don't know about (other than switching to the gunner)? It was same thing with your T-80 pack except for a Tank called T80 Objekt ???.

Also, any chance you guys would be interested in making desert version?

It was mentioned before that the commander sight not moving is due to technical limitation of the engine. No solution has been foundyet.

No desert versions are planned.

Thank you for your timely answer. It's too bad. I hope you find a solution to it in the future.

The vertical movement of comander sight is game engine bug realate to the comander mg it can not be fix unless patch by bis

{edit} android bug did not show me last page of thread >_<{edit}

Edited by hitokiri

Fantastic release. Thanks to all involved for the effort that has been put into the units and the missions. A friend and I have been playing through all the missions this week in MP and have had a great time going through them all.

The vertical movement of comander sight is game engine bug realate to the comander mg it can not be fix unless patch by bis

{edit} android bug did not show me last page of thread >_<{edit}

? Why does it work on BIS vehicels and other addons?

? Why does it work on BIS vehicels and other addons?

there is no single vehicle in the game that has a similar turret set up to ours. The T80B commander mg is NOT operational when turned in as should not be in real life. All bis vehicles have it operational. Therein lies the problem. So please dont say things like that when in fact you have not done your homework.

Perhaps solution might be a compromise. Make mg movable when TC have hatch closed, but in config, if I remember correctly it is possible to block ability to fire mg from the inside. It will not be perfect from realism point of view, but will permitt to use cupola sight also in vertical not only horizontal axis.

What do You think?

It simple yes/no value in config

Cangunnerfirein=0

Cangunnerfireout=1

There no abilty to decouple animation from this v_v

Only posible solution i can think is make comander mg seperate turret on coppula but that will cause issue with adding 4th crew position and more animation problems>_<

How about a script or fired event that removes the ammo when the commander is turned in?

How about a script or fired event that removes the ammo when the commander is turned in?

I'm not aware of any eventHandler that can fire off at commanders turn out state. But i'm not a scripter.