Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

Dont also forget that the conflicts in Chechnya and the counter-terror operations in Dagestan were being fought by second echelon forces. All Russia's top echelon forces are still located and alligned west into europe. True story.

True that. Last year when I was in Sevastopol, I saw marines in digi only and not one in flora. Also lots of new shiny KAMAZ trucks(same model as ZAMAKs of A2).

Next version should include AK74Ms with optics, they just werent finished in time for 0.1.x.

Hi Shadow, Any hints as to what optics we can expect?

For starters i think there will be the typical 1P29 and a Cobra, about the rest we will see.

About the timeframe discussion, well most of the stuff was being worked on when RHS still made single Addon releases, as we didnt want to trash perfectly fine addons we included them.

If i have a wide range of BMP1 to several BMP2 variants, should we really not include the older ones because they arent modern enough?

Same for the T-80s, we had the B,BVs etc but no Us yet so we included them.

In the end it leaves more freedom for the mission designers i think.

Also dont forget that current stuff is developed directly for the Mod project and thus will be mostly newer stuff, Digicam Troops, Tigr etc...

I found short movie about some VV forces, i think that it could give you some new ideas :) :

i have never seen such detailed soldiers models before , pockets modeled, woow, i wish i had strong PC , how many polys has soldier model ? 12 k ?

also please add camo painted vehicles , cause i seen only green

That is because not all vehicles are texturemapped very cammo friendly so for now we keept the vehicles green.

However in the future youll see more camo vehicles in the mod.

i have never seen such detailed soldiers models before , pockets modeled, woow, i wish i had strong PC , how many polys has soldier model ? 12 k ?

also please add camo painted vehicles , cause i seen only green

I would say these soldier models are the best details I ever see in all Arma mods, including those kits, backpacks, map case , binocular case, etc.. Very amazing! I wish they could make some post war soviet soldiers as well... Then those terrific BMP vehicles could be fully usable.

Edited by Fkymplbo

I would say these soldier models are the best details I ever see in all Arma mods, including those kits, backpacks, map case , binocular case, etc.. Very amazing! I wish they could make some post war soviet soldiers as well... Then those terrific BMP vehicles could be fully usable.

I dont see why they arent fully usable now? They sure are usable in the missions that come with the mod.

I wish they could make some post war soviet soldiers as well

Please, informed you before say stupidity. :)

Look photo on the net etc...

Hi to all!

Hi to all members of the Red Hammer Studios!!

I used and use this exellent Mod and it is awesome...no doubt!

Iwill repeat all SP-Mission with this mod to get this new playable experience...thats for sure.

As a member of the german community of arma2 i have written a short review, to point out what stellar work you´ve done!

If you like, please read:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=1291&entries=0#post10394

See it, better read it as a big thank you for all the guys who are involved in that project!

Frontpaged at ArmA2Base

dbutton1j6xylzs1fc.jpg

Armed Forces of the Russian Federation v0.1 by Red Hammer Studios

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=5076

Cheers

McLupo

Hi to all!

Iwill repeat all SP-Mission with this mod to get this new playable experience...thats for sure.

As a member of the german community of arma2 i have written a short review, to point out what stellar work you´ve done!

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=1291&entries=0#post10394

See it, better read it as a big thank you for all the guys who are involved in that project!

[/center]

Cheers

McLupo

Thank you :) that was very nice to read! Things like this make it worth all the effort!

Please, informed you before say stupidity. :)

Look photo on the net etc...

What does it mean??

That is because not all vehicles are texturemapped very cammo friendly so for now we keept the vehicles green.

However in the future youll see more camo vehicles in the mod.

This is why t-80u take so long it receive giant remake so it will be compatible with tri colour camo. It much more work than swap t-80bv k1 era for k5 to make t-80u^_^

Hi to all!

Frontpaged at ArmA2Base

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/dbutton1j6xylzs1fc.jpg

Armed Forces of the Russian Federation v0.1 by Red Hammer Studios

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=5076

Cheers

McLupo

I just read this review and would like to thank you very much for it:).

Things like this make us very proud of our work and give us great motivation for the future of the mod.

If anyone is making any large gamemode (Evo, Domi, Warfare etc.) conversions please let us know :) we would love to host them up!

What does it mean??

I think it was just a missunderstanding from Kis4m3 side.

Guess he took that Post War Soldiers as a offense.

Personally i would like to have such units with Ssh-68s and stuff but i doubt that will ever be added.

@McLupo

Thanks for the article, nice read and also some very nice screenshots there, they would fit well in the screenshot thread on the main section.

Personally I think that RuAF needs more more modern equipment, especially if RHS plans to port this mod to A3 which will have all that space age tech. Nostalgia and realism is a good things, but then vanilla Russian every T-90 pops up like balloon after taking first hit from TUSK's cannon, how T64 would be useful (anyway there only ~150 T-64 in active service right now)? Also, taking realism in account again, Russian army rearms & changes rather quickly right now, so a lot of things changed from 2008. I would really love to see stuff like this:

BTR-82A (or BTR-80A with the same BPPU turret)

a2f451187953.jpg

T-90A MBT (or at least modernized T-72BM, for as I know Russian MoD chose to upgrade all present variants of T-72 to T-72BM instead of buying more T-90. At least until Armata will be ready)

28184bec3edc.jpg

Mi-28N Attack helicopter (significant numbers were delivered in past 2 years)

eb8838f64ab3.jpg

614de8ae3236.jpg

ANSAT-U Light transport helicopter (which is cheap in production and easy in exploitation, so MoD plans to buy them in large numbers)

95984f8972d4.jpg

Also it would be nice to have RPG-22 (which actually replaced RPG-18), RPO-A, RPK-74M (instead of outdated RPK), optics.

@McLupo

Thanks for the article, nice read and also some very nice screenshots there, they would fit well in the screenshot thread on the main section.

...permission is granted :)

Just joking... it is a great pleasure and an honor if i can support you with this shots!

Take what ever you want, or is needed.

Thanks alot for the nice comments!

Best regards

McLupo

I would really love to see stuff like this:

while this is no request thread, i will just say all you listed are things we also have in mind, some projects/meshes are even started. The one exception is the ANSAT, since the light chopper role is currently filled by ka-60. There is no date set for most projects, some might take 2 weeks, some might make an appearance in A3, if at all. This is how arma modding has been, is and will always be.

Adding new units, however there is a replacement pack somewhere on this thread.

while this is no request thread, i will just say all you listed are things we also have in mind, some projects/meshes are even started. The one exception is the ANSAT, since the light chopper role is currently filled by ka-60. There is no date set for most projects, some might take 2 weeks, some might make an appearance in A3, if at all. This is how arma modding has been, is and will always be.

I was not requesting anything, just suggesting. And as I have some experience with modding myself (Dawn of War RTS mainly, been a texture artist + coder for almost decade for now), I clearly understand how "fast" things can go in modding of any game ;) So I not even expecting anything in terms of quantity from the next .02 release of RuAF or .03 or .04. Frankly, I really like your decision of releasing basic .01 version to the public and then add new content/improve existing content in following versions. By doing so you keep people interested in mod which, besides other things, stimulates the team to continue working on the mod :) So, I am ready to wait.

And Ka-60 will do nicely, I really like this helicopter and suggested ANSAT only because Russian MoD give to it more preference as it is cheaper then Ka-60.

Weapons of RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation are now available in LEA and will be updated as mod develop. Check RHS AFRF addon into LEA repository ;)

Can somebody show me a real photo of a T80A can't seem to find one from a search on google?

STGN