Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

MTLB the Therminator? Thats rly one of most addons, i would like to see in Arma 2, i believe it will be overpowered AT same as Tunguska AA. :)

Its really terrific! Very nice and great models. I wish you mates could also make some Soviet era stuff. It seems your work has all been the best to Russian stuff. I'd like to see some real soviet morden troops, such as soldiers in cone helmets, six pockets combat jackets,etc...I know there are couples of such stuff in some mods. But they are not as good as your potential work.

Edited by Fkymplbo

Thank you RHS for beeing still around.... remember playing with RHS stuff in OFP = good times!! :)

Daaamn! Downloaded this beauty and... my PC became disabled because of electricity! :mad: Why??? Why now???

MTLB the Therminator? Thats rly one of most addons, i would like to see in Arma 2, i believe it will be overpowered AT same as Tunguska AA. :)

You mean the BMPT, we talked about the MTLB which is more of a troop carrier, arty, AT gun towing workhorse.

PuFu once startet to model a BMPT but that one is far from being finished if not abandoned by him due to lack of time.

Im sure we will consider it Shrademn. Considering most of ARMA 2 maps these days and the ARMA 3 map are/will be more of a desert location, desert camoflage textures may be an essential addition.

I guess I'm the freak cause I still play on Chernarus 90% of the time or custom maps like Podagorsk.:p

These units are of a higher quality than the ones in Czech and PMC DLC and on par with BAF. Congrats.

PuFu once startet to model a BMPT but that one is far from being finished if not abandoned by him due to lack of time.

:) 3d model for LOD1 is done and unwrapped for the last 6 months or so. just didn't bother keeping it up to date on our rha forums

and even with my current time constrains, nothing gets abandoned, only delayed.

and even with my current time constrains, nothing gets abandoned, only delayed.

Pufu doesnt sleep, he models.

Bring us AK74+Optics, please.

Next version should include AK74Ms with optics, they just werent finished in time for 0.1.x.

@PuFu

Well if you dont update us on things things like me throwing around wild guesses happen :p

What about T-64's guys? I know they got lower priority than T-80U's, but hope to see them in nearest future... Oh You know that sound of 5TD engine (even in OFP it was something great). ;)

I would say 2005, but certainly not 1990.

Yep you right. But it's been a while that I have seen a recent Bmp-1 photo or a transport Gaz-66.

How is a 1990 Gaz-66 different from 2010 Gaz-66 or BMP-1? T-62 tanks were still in Georgia in 2008 as part of the interior forces. PT-76 were in Chechniya earlier. And above all to us these vehicles are iconic, you cannot have a Russian mod without them. Also we never stated the definite "year" of the mod. The missionmaker himself may decide the time frame of the conflict and will have the vehicles to choose whatever he wants.

Are Russian troops still using BMP1 and BMP2 now? The anims of these vehicles are very nice. But seems more suitable to be in scenario of 85 cold war. The mod includes lots of old weapon and kits, such as backpack and RPG which were from previous soviet troops. They are extremely nice to some soviet missions.

According to Wikipedia there is over 750 BMPs(1s,2s, and 3s) in active service with over 9,057 in reverse as of 2009.

But Wikipedia has been known to be inaccurate so who knows how many are in service today.

But do you guys have plans to do the MT-12? It's technically the last Anti-Tank gun in service these days which it what makes it unique although it's used as conventional artillery nowadays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-12_antitank_gun

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

According to Wikipedia there is over 750 BMPs(1s,2s, and 3s) in active service with over 9,057 in reverse as of 2009.

But Wikipedia has been known to be inaccurate so who knows how many are in service today.

But do you guys have plans to do the MT-12? It's technically the last Anti-Tank gun in service these days which it what makes it unique although it's used as conventional artillery nowadays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-12_antitank_gun

Negative, the 100mm M1977 Anti-Tank gun is still operational in Romania.

Good to see you guys released this mod. I love the GAZ-66, nice and detailed, down to the wiper blades. What optics do you folks plan on including other than the standard assortment of PSOs and Kobras.

Today the Russian Army works with multiple echelons.

Firsts echelons have modern stuff. More we go to the down, more we find old stuff.

Check that (2012 August) : http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6500/81237179.bf/0_7a39e_e2d08de3_XL.jpg

I don't even speak of BMP-2 which is still used in mass.

So the AFRF is perfect for 2005-2008 era (for the moment). For example Flora camouflage, introduced for the first time in 1997, the 6Sh92 combat vest was adopted in early 2000.

By cons, actually the T80, A, B, are more or at least very little used. The BV is still used by the troupe of second echelon, and training.

Wow, I had absolutely no idea that Russia still used the BMP-1. I figured they sold them all off to satellites and were slowly phasing out the BMP-2 while switching to the BMP-3.

Wow, I had absolutely no idea that Russia still used the BMP-1. I figured they sold them all off to satellites and were slowly phasing out the BMP-2 while switching to the BMP-3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Russian_Ground_Forces

They also said that this mod doesn't have an "era", so you can pick and choose what you want. The BMP-1s would have probably been still used in Chechnya (correct me if I'm wrong).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Russian_Ground_Forces

They also said that this mod doesn't have an "era", so you can pick and choose what you want. The BMP-1s would have probably been still used in Chechnya (correct me if I'm wrong).

Chechnya and Dagestan saw tons of old soviet gear/vehicle action. BMP-1 and BTR-60 was no exception. As far as I've seen on Sladkov's reports from these conflicts BMP-3s and T-90s were simply too new and expensive to "waste" when there was an elephant shitload of older "scrap" available. Still I consider 1st B'ehas as some of the best(also first) IFVs ever built.