Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

Before this breaks out into ACE wars please read the following statement:

We are planning an update that will allow "playability" with ACE, meaning that things like armor and ammo values are added to be compatible with ACE while unaffecting those playing vanilla. This would mean that you would be able to run both mods alongside each other rather than assimilate one mod into the other completely.

my jaw hit the floor when i saw this release and the amazing quality of the addon. incredible. really next level stuff. then i read you are handling the whole ACE compatibility thing so nicley (thanks for the upcoming compatibility ACE rocks as well). Real professionalism.

thank you very much for an addon I can see being part of my arma2 experience for a long long time.

Love having one big pack with all the RHS goodies.

I did notice with the T-80, the muzzle blast/flash was occurring quite a ways in front of the barrel (~20m). This happened with the prior stand alone too, anyone else seeing this? Might have had another mod running that gummed up the works, will have to double check when I fire it back up.

Can't wait to see what else gets added as the pack grows. :)

Edited by Baron von Beer

This is so amazing, by far the best 74m I've seen ingame ever. The only complaint I have about it is, as far as I know the 74m doesn't have a bolt catch. And the mods does( I also don't care for the grip holding the mag instead of the foregrip but there's different version in the ammobox that do), also the suppressed sound is bis stock sound =(. I hope bis makes arma3 of the same quality of your guys mods. And if not, I hope you guys switch over to arma3 =).

This is so amazing, by far the best 74m I've seen ingame ever. The only complaint I have about it is, as far as I know the 74m doesn't have a bolt catch. And the mods does( I also don't care for the grip holding the mag instead of the foregrip but there's different version in the ammobox that do), also the suppressed sound is bis stock sound =(. I hope bis makes arma3 of the same quality of your guys mods. And if not, I hope you guys switch over to arma3 =).

There is some logic behind the suppressed sound and effects. We didn't want to give our guns any kind of advantage in case they were used in PvP lets say against other suppressed weapons.

you are not supposed to run them at the same time.

@FLv*VeNoM*=

Your pack featured on our site: http://redhammer.su

If I may ask why not? You provide some interesting variants of the btr70 like CDF versions that people may want to use concurrently against the RF. but like I said they don't seem to conflict because their paths are different. Even the cfgpatches entries are different so no conflicts there either. so as long as you run them in different folders or rename the pbos you should be fine it seems. Obviously your knowledge is the final say in this but it seems there is no issue.

Just played the first scenario. Wow this mod is awesome. The attention to detail, seriously DLC quality. Very professional. Congrats on the release guys and thanks to FLv*VeNoM* now I can play any Russian scenario with these awesome units.

СпаÑибо!

How would a better sound give you a advantage. Might as well of left all the guns stock bis sounds then, they might give you a advantage other wise... Tried editing the sounds myself. When I change the sound directory in the config, the animations go haywire in game. pretty frustrating lol, I don't know why it's happening. Sounds work though.

Edited by lsp

Damn i half downloaded it last night, went to sleep and now i have to download all over again at 20-30kb/s down from the 300kb/s last night, high demand i see, can't wait to see what this is like.

After some testing I have to say: great work!

One question: Will the troops get the ability to use backpacks in the future releases?

Yes, though we need to see if it will be in the next version already.

yay, love them russkies! I'm bored by the tacticool christmastree blufor stuff, so this is exactly what i was looking for, thanks for your hard work.

If i remember rightly, unless someone has changed it, backpacks are enabled on all units. Some just have backpacks modelled on but they can still use the OA packs.

If I may ask why not? You provide some interesting variants of the btr70 like CDF versions that people may want to use concurrently against the RF. but like I said they don't seem to conflict because their paths are different. Even the cfgpatches entries are different so no conflicts there either. so as long as you run them in different folders or rename the pbos you should be fine it seems. Obviously your knowledge is the final say in this but it seems there is no issue.

there might be class conflicts. Of course I cant stop you :) just not recommended. Also things like scripts my get mixed up.

How would a better sound give you a advantage. Might as well of left all the guns stock bis sounds then, they might give you a advantage other wise... Tried editing the sounds myself. When I change the sound directory in the config, the animations go haywire in game. pretty frustrating lol, I don't know why it's happening. Sounds work though.

If it bothers you so much please dont edit the original addon, we have custom tools for packing, just make your own separate replacement config addon, replacing just the sound.

After some testing I have to say: great work!

One question: Will the troops get the ability to use backpacks in the future releases?

They can use stock bis backpacks, but our own are not usable right now because of some technical issues, we will look into this later

@all

Please come rate our mod @ our moddb page :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rhs-armed-forces-of-the-russian-federation

Edited by Soul_Assassin

If i remember rightly, unless someone has changed it, backpacks are enabled on all units. Some just have backpacks modelled on but they can still use the OA packs.

I think it would make more sense to have the modelled on backpacks turned into backpacks themselves, would add alot to the mod and give the RPG pack some functionality :p

Edited by zamani532

I think it would make more sense to have the modelled on backpacks turned into backpacks themselves, would add alot to the mod and give the RPG pack some functionality :p

As I mentioned there are some technical difficulties. The backpacks are modeled tightly to fit some models while they really wouldn't fit others and would look like the straps are hanging. You can use bis backpack on units that dont have a BP model though, it looks fine.

hey guys, looks like this requires 1.59. I've had many issues with 1.59 and chose to stay back. is there a way i can change the version # in my ARMA2/OA without patching so this mod can play?

i.e. where in arma2/oa core sits the version#? or is there any other workaround?

the mod requires 1.59 and up. The current official version 1.62.

It requires 1.60+. And why wouldn't you want to stay up to date with the current 1.62/beta patches? They are superior in terms of performance and engine stability to the earlier ones.

EDIT: Damn ninjas nowadays. I'm too old fo' this shit -_-

Lovely units,like always I can count on RHS when the russian faction needs some tuning.:cool:

Can't wait to see what's baking in the RHS oven for the next versions.

Btw,I use your old BTR 70 and T80 addons for CDF&Insurgent&Guerilla factions in a lot of my missions.Any chance you could add them as bonus to the usual RHS stuff??

As I mentioned there are some technical difficulties. The backpacks are modeled tightly to fit some models while they really wouldn't fit others and would look like the straps are hanging. You can use bis backpack on units that dont have a BP model though, it looks fine.

They don't need straps, like the BIS packpacks, they all lack straps. I just think it would be really cool if you guys could make a soviet rucksack into a backpack for generic use :)

Btw,I use your old BTR 70 and T80 addons for CDF&Insurgent&Guerilla factions in a lot of my missions.Any chance you could add them as bonus to the usual RHS stuff??

me too!

isn't there a way to make a 'bridge addon' that lets you use both? Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for 'from now on make 2456 different skins for each country' it's just that it hurts to see the hard work you guys put into making the 'older' addons is more or less wasted.

and of course, I miss havin' a peacekeeper BTR or a CDF T80.... :)

Oh one thing that I've noticed:

is just me or is the ATGM reload rate on your BMPs pretty fast?

This is probably a noob question, but... After downloading, I put all these new addons into my addons folder like I always do with new addons. I get the new screens in game, but I can't find RHS new units in editor. My older version of RHS T-80's disappeared, but nothing had replaced them. Help please

Nice Work guys.

I have try it out and its very good.

;)