Sign in to follow this  
Bioz

Looks like this game is not ready to be played.

Hey guys I got excited when I watched some IF videos on youtube. But there's a little problem ^^. I can only see on these forums and in others that this game is completely bugged. I don't know wheter to buy it or not... what can you tell me about that?

What I can tell you is that there is no game out there that has no bugs. Some bugs may be more obvious than others and on some games people quickly call it 'unplayable' or 'bugged as hell', often without providing any reason why it is unplayable or just because they heard or read about it somewhere and jumped on that bandwagon.

Yes, IF had some serious problems at release but if you look around you will also notice that their are patches released which are fixing a lot of them as well as adding new content for free. That fact often people don't mention when they call the game 'unplayable'.

True, and i'm playing it on a daily basis (well, not now cause i'm far from my gaming rig) without major troubles.

I'm not playing it again until they fix the skin on the Russians. Other than that and AI not actually engaging targets well within the range of their weapons, it's a pretty solid and fun game. I like it.

Even with the incredible glowing men, the game's still pretty awesome. The trenches combined with a couple dozen enemy bombers make pretty awesome scenarios.

So... I find it hard to believe that fixing glowing textures can be that hard. We should get a quick fix for at least that... This is becoming very disappointing.

Hello there

There has been a new patch (1.04) ready for some time, but there is a dispute happening at the moment which is holding it up, so hopefully once that is solved we'll get the new patch.

Fingers crossed!

Rgds

LoK

Why don't you read the post right above yours? There's obviously problems between 2 or more involved parties which prevent the patch from being released.

From what we understood on the IF forum, the AWAR devs have completed the 1.04 patch ages ago, but there's a dispute between BIS and DeepSilver (distributing the game) which prevents the patch from being released.

Maybe someone from BIS could somehow confirm this ? (Well, i know that the legal disputes aren't meant to be discussed publicly, though...).

Edited by ProfTournesol

From what we understood on the IF forum, the AWAR devs have completed the 1.04 patch ages ago, but there's a dispute between BIS and DeepSilver (distributing the game) which prevents the patch from being released.

Maybe someone from BIS could somehow confirm this ? (Well, i know that the legal disputes aren't meant to be discussed publicly, though...).

Or please BIS buy all the rights of iron front and be the publisher of the great development team that is awar, like to sega did in rome total war wich was first published by activision, and then after 3 patches gave the sega logo because sega bought all the rights, very needed and if you BIS own IFL44 publishing rights it is much more better for all of the players, developers modders and mission makers or just in one word communityes, and my dream is deep silver to fall in the dark and BIS to become the IFL44 and awar publisher because IFL44 has a huge potential and it is very well done

I hope something gets resolved soon too. There was far too much work put into this to let it go to waste. Also with all the other WWII mods out there and in development, this would complement them nicely as no-one else is (or is planning to) cover this theatre and time period.

I feel for the dev team on this as I know they put a lot of hard work into the game and were committed to resolving the issues.

Also, if it is brought in-house it opens up the possibility to create community addons. The lack of this possibility was probably the most disappointing outcome of the relationship between Deep Silver, AWAR and BIS.

It has a lot of potential this game/mod and it would be great to see it live on.

Also, if it is brought in-house it opens up the possibility to create community addons. The lack of this possibility was probably the most disappointing outcome of the relationship between Deep Silver, AWAR and BIS..

This is proberly the one that killed the game at first place.

To open this one might save it, however this is an slim chance at best.

Or please BIS buy all the rights of iron front and be the publisher of the great development team that is awar, like to sega did in rome total war wich was first published by activision, and then after 3 patches gave the sega logo because sega bought all the rights, very needed and if you BIS own IFL44 publishing rights it is much more better for all of the players, developers modders and mission makers or just in one word communityes, and my dream is deep silver to fall in the dark and BIS to become the IFL44 and awar publisher because IFL44 has a huge potential and it is very well done

Good idea and I just thought the same far ago actually. In that case, all modding issues could also be solved. Then IF could be a WWII DCL of BIS and used as a platform of other WWII mods.

Im really concerned about this game. I have just bought it patched to 1.03 and its still very buggy in places. I totally support a BIS takeover as Deep Silver is under delievering. Boxed versions of this game have stopped being made and Steam is the only one distributing. I had to buy my box version from the UK and it was one of the last in stock. IFL1944 is a an awesome concept and have soooo much poetential but Deep Silver or whoever is just pissing it away and for what? Pissed customers ?

Where in gods name is my 1.04 patch, either BIS get the big guns out and take over, or Deep Silver stop dicking around and get back on track!

Sorry for the rant.

Bohemia Interactive can't just take over. A company merger or takeover is not a simple process.

I appreciate that, Nicholas, perhaps Im jumping the gun a little. I don't believe that this is the situation that customers of deep silver and effectively BIS should be finding themselves in. I love the game, I really do but it needs to be fixed, bottom line. and without a doubt I believe that BIS has the knowledge, Drive and skill to make this game what it should be. Any ideas on where they are at with discussions ?

As much as I understand you being angry Coltace, this is the wrong place for it because Deepsilver is the problem. You should address them with it but somehow I doubt they would care.

Even though WW2 is not really my 'cup of tea' it was an interesting and promising game. But as usual evil publishers kicked in and ruined it. :(

Fair call, I came here as being a BIS fan, though I rarely ever post, I read a lot on these forums and they kinda seemed like home.

If anyone has any updates, I would appreciate it.

It's okay to post it here of course, don't take my post as 'you did it wrong'. It's just that BIS can't do anything here as they only provided the engine for the game. :)

As much as I understand you being angry Coltace, this is the wrong place for it because Deepsilver is the problem. You should address them with it but somehow I doubt they would care.

Even though WW2 is not really my 'cup of tea' it was an interesting and promising game. But as usual evil publishers kicked in and ruined it. :(

From your info., I think it's really dead. Deepsilver won't do anything just holding on the new patch release and BIS is also in no interest of taking it over or it just couldnt do that..., OMG, that's it.

I call for underground patch ninja_disappearing.gif

Just needs a little leak of the signing tool and everything would solve itself soon'ish.