Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95777 (1.62 MP build)

What you should do is contact BE (Battle Eye) to get unbanned.

We already did that, but other players say, i took weeks till they respond.

In my honest opinion this contrast thing is just crap and is spoiling the experience.

This is midday sun and these targets are almost black until they face the sun. This is total bullshit!

If it was the forest on Chenarus the trees would almost be black.

I play in a window and fullscreen is not any better.

Who sees the world like this??!!

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7097/capture09082012211746.jpg (133 kB)

EDIT: It would be OK if we could adjust things ourselves.... but where is the info??

This post here and the rest of the thread is about as much use as the tits on a bull.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135667-Improved-tone-mapping-for-1-61-proposal&p=2168490&viewfull=1#post2168490

...and it's not like people don't ask!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135667-Improved-tone-mapping-for-1-61-proposal&p=2168674&viewfull=1#post2168674

Who introduced the commands?...that person must know what the numbers mean. Please...please...please tell us!

Edited by twirly

Well, in intense sunlight, there ARE relatively dark shadows. Of course you can always find shortcomings in a game engine if compared with reality (like ambient reflections, i.e. light reflecting from the sun-lit sand to the shadowed side of the shooting targets in your picture, etc.). Maybe wait for Arma3, I'm pretty sure with the higher DX level some technical hurdles will be overcome.

I seem to be getting the Receiving.... error when trying to join warfare servers as well. Playing DayZ ok though

@thhamm pV+pVEH

I think unit init could stay, or can it also abused? Technically it might be very similar or the same as sVI though..

A server setting to disable sVI (or any command) might be an idea - the problem is probably being a server setting a cheater could avoid it..

Unit init is the vector which was used back in OFP days.. It's also how we injected anti-cheat code into the clients.

One limitation which might be possible to add is that all init strings must have the server as source..

Even that change would require a rewrite of huge amounts of missions...

Well if it were a server settings like serverSideOnlySVI = 0/1; it would be up to the server admin and mission/game mode.

like most custom coop/private servers wouldnt need such strict protection

Well if it were a server settings like serverSideOnlySVI = 0/1; it would be up to the server admin and mission/game mode.

like most custom coop/private servers wouldnt need such strict protection

Agreed, but with the default setting of this being 'off'. The Server administrator would then have to explicitly have to enable the option if it was required client-side

Did you test it running a DayZ server running an older version?

95417 perhaps. That's what my server is running. US 1325

Please try it. Play for 10 minutes.

Please.

A dream comes true, finally. Nobody needs SVI on a client...

Xeno

Except JTD Fire & Smoke users :)

I too have been banned as a result of patch 95777 and have gotten zero response from Bohemia, Battleye, or Steam. Buying a new game is the only outlet it seems. If this isn't fixed, Bohemia and Battleye have really dropped the ball.

I too have been banned as a result of patch 95777 and have gotten zero response from Bohemia, Battleye, or Steam. Buying a new game is the only outlet it seems. If this isn't fixed, Bohemia and Battleye have really dropped the ball.

right, look at the dayz forum a thread with 24 pages already, and no offical statement at all.

script restriction indicates admin defined detection, not BE problem, admin issue (typo, error in definition or loading them), rejoin server and see if the problem still persist or change server