Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95777 (1.62 MP build)

:)

Will put this onto the 16AA Servers and report back should any further crashes (Serverside) be encountered.

Maybe this is only me, but for some reason since Build 95660, there's "stuff missing" in multiplayer missions like Takistan Force (no vehicle spawn / distribution sites) or some Coops with additional content (fan-made weapons are missing in the weapons crate). The .rpt did not reveal anything unusual, as far as I could see. Happens with builds 95660, 95724 and 95777 and the problem disappears when reverting to 95417. This was tested (as far as it didn't crash immediately) on a dedicated server with several clients reporting the problem.

Can anybody else confirm?

Hmm, not sure, but setVehicleInit stuff seems to be trashed since 95724. No execution on clients as it seems.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

there's "stuff missing" in multiplayer missions

Ah, then there's really something wrong with vehicleInits.

Hmm, not sure, but setVehicleInit stuff seems to be trashed since 95724. No execution on clients as it seems.

A dream comes true, finally. Nobody needs SVI on a client...

Xeno

Can anybody else confirm?
I saw with the previous beta that init lines of mission editor based objects don't get executed on clients anymore, likely due to the same issue.

Like with the previous Beta, I get stuck at the Receiving-screen when I join an ongoing warfare match (XR Warfare Server). I can fire my eapon, can hit "M" for the map, but the black "Receiving...." screen doesn´t disappear. I have to revert to Beta 95417

I saw with the previous beta that init lines of mission editor based objects don't get executed on clients anymore, likely due to the same issue.

Thanks for reporting, fixed in 95790, will be published most likely sometimes tomorrow.

Thanks for reporting, fixed in 95790, will be published most likely sometimes tomorrow.

:bounce3:

So does this mean that one of the biggest security holes (setVehicleInit + processInitCommands) will still work on clients ?

Because you really don't need both commands in MP on the client side.

Xeno

So does this mean that one of the biggest security holes (setVehicleInit + processInitCommands) will still work on clients ?

Because you really don't need both commands in MP on the client side.

Xeno

I'd like to see these removed from the client side as well. Out of many of the "script kiddy" solutions I've seen out there, a great majority of them seem to make use of both of these commands.

hmm okay, then tell me a way how to replace it, and why your alternative is not that vulnerable.

otherwise some grace period of deprecating those features would be nice. if not, you two guys just signed up for rewriting some missions. :P

I'd like to see these removed from the client side as well. Out of many of the "script kiddy" solutions I've seen out there, a great majority of them seem to make use of both of these commands.

Would this mean that most of missions needs to be rewritten :) ?

Would this mean that most of missions needs to be rewritten :) ?

Parts would need to be re-written, yes, but this is a huge exploit that should have been fixed a long time ago.

Do you want script kiddies to continue to come in and wreck shit or do you want to have less security holes open?

The obvious is obvious, great news.

Is it possible that the recent changes that The D. is talking about could be causing a ban wave on innocent players by BattlEye?

Just curious, since there have been a lot of people claiming that they are being falsely banned and most if not all of them are running 95660 or newer.

Or, maybe battleye is just catching up and all the script kiddies are seeing if they can't do something about it..

BattlEye support status: ... SUPPORTED ...

Not really.

I've been global banned for simply using patch 95777. Along with a horde of other players.

dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/65601-they-are-banning-you-for-updating-to-revision-95777/

reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/xwk4r/global_bans/

I am wondering if this will be resolved or I should simply receive my refund and wait to enjoy DayZ at standalone when all the script cheaters have moved on.

@thhamm pV+pVEH

I think unit init could stay, or can it also abused? Technically it might be very similar or the same as sVI though..

A server setting to disable sVI (or any command) might be an idea - the problem is probably being a server setting a cheater could avoid it..

@thhamm pV+pVEH

hmm. not sure if thats sufficient. JIP?

Edited by thhamm

//at the start of init.sqf
TAG_JIPplayer = not isServer && isNull player;

This way you can handle JIP players.

sVI seems convenient as you define just one behavior for everything.

However this is exactly the problem. One has to define the behavior given the situation.

Is it more work - not much if you design your code well.

I've been global banned for simply using patch 95777. Along with a horde of other players.

dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/65601-they-are-banning-you-for-updating-to-revision-95777/

reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/xwk4r/global_bans/

I am wondering if this will be resolved or I should simply receive my refund and wait to enjoy DayZ at standalone when all the script cheaters have moved on.

I'm another wrongfully banned player/admin.

Global banned ~5mins after installing 95777.

Please assist BE in redacting these bans.

This update ist dangerous, first I and a friend could not join the most servers, then we both got gobal banned.

Dont use it till they fix that.

This update ist dangerous, first I and a friend could not join the most servers, then we both got gobal banned.

Dont use it till they fix that.

What you should do is contact BE (Battle Eye) to get unbanned.

A dream comes true, finally. Nobody needs SVI on a client...

Xeno

^^ :cool: