Sign in to follow this  
thecoolsideofthepillow

Malicious Scripting Can Transmit Viruses

SO I was playing some DayZ a moment ago when a hacker appeared on the server, killed everyone by teleporting them into the sky, started dropping bombs everywhere, etc. However, when things calmed down a bit, I then noticed in my chat log that the game was downloading some suspicious EXEs and DLLs. I of course immediately disconnected from the server and cleaned the game's download cache.

This is the second time this has happened since getting Operation Arrowhead to play on the modern servers/mods for ARMA II.

This is clearly a MAJOR security issue with the game, and I do not feel all that comfortable playing online anymore until I know for sure it is fixed.

Posted in TROUBLESHOOTING because I did not see a general bug/issue forum. Please move if necessary.

I then noticed in my chat log that the game was downloading some suspicious EXEs and DLLs.

Huh? Pics or even then it didn't happen. :o

Its not that surprising, a certain few people can mess a good thing up lol....Not saying it's the server or admins fault, but it really needs to be looked into...

This is clearly a MAJOR security issue with the game, and I do not feel all that comfortable playing online anymore until I know for sure it is fixed.

Reporting it directly to us with evidence and files to back up the concerns would seem a more prudent course of action than just posting about it in the forums: Placebo@idea-games.com