sickboy

Play withSIX Community Preview [Evolution of SIX Launcher and in time also SU]

Thanks for all your work on PWS Sickboy.

I'm not sure if this has been reported already but the addon @task_force_radio does not get its required Teamspeak .dlls moved into the Teamspeak plugins directory automatically like ACRE does.

Thanks again!

We've just released ARMA3 Mission publishing and PwS 1.8 beta; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147465-Play-withSIX-Launcher-Downloader-ServerBrowser-FULL-ARMA3-Alpha-Support-more!&p=2568338&viewfull=1#post2568338

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Could you please update the Canadian Armed Forces mod.The version on play with six is way outdated. Thanks :)
Picking up again next days.
I recently updated to v1.7 from 1.3, and I really dislike the new UI and interface, and how mods are organized into. It's not that it's bad anything, I just really prefer the old version and how everything was setup. However I cannot seem to find version 1.3 on the internet anywhere. If anyone could help me out and get my v1.3 back up and running, that would be sweet.
We believe in moving the software forward, not backward, the old version will also soon become unsupported due to replacing the distribution network with Synq, the new API also does not work with that version.

We would love to hear how we can make the new version better for you.

Thanks for all your work on PWS Sickboy.

I'm not sure if this has been reported already but the addon @task_force_radio does not get its required Teamspeak .dlls moved into the Teamspeak plugins directory automatically like ACRE does.

Thanks again!

Hey, it's supported on the latest 1.8 beta version! Enjoy.

Have tried PWS now for a while, and have been mostly out of luck. E.g.

installed AiA, but half of the time the AiA mod selector (under 'Local') does not show (probably UI not updating correctly, seeing this in multiple places but not able to force without restart);

clicking 'add to xx collection' does not update the collection in the UI (see above);

with AiA, I get TKOH HUD in Arma 3 helis, but TKOH has not been added to the collection (might be an AiA bug though...);

sometimes when switching between ArmaII to Arma 3 I get 'disk operation failed' because 'another process' (likely PWS itself, haven't checked) is locking a tmp file under /.sync/remotes;

and so on.

With all this, it's easier to manage mods on my own, and that kind of defeats the purpose.

Sorry - not fair. Bit frustrated there, I can live with these issues in a community-made tool which actually does a lot of the job well. Just polishing.

Edited by tvamvarg

Something's gone wrong with the latest update and it's lost all my server favourites, although at least it hasn't lost my mod collections this time.

Christmas update (PwS 1.9) available; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147465-Play-withSIX-Launcher-Downloader-ServerBrowser-FULL-ARMA3-Alpha-Support-more!&p=2587647#post2587647

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Something's gone wrong with the latest update and it's lost all my server favourites, although at least it hasn't lost my mod collections this time.

Issue with recent betas solved, sorry about that; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147465-Play-withSIX-Launcher-Downloader-ServerBrowser-FULL-ARMA3-Alpha-Support-more!&p=2587647&viewfull=1#post2587647

nHtsq98.jpg

Iron Front in Arma - The easy way

We have worked very hard to reduce the complexity for the Iron Front in Arma setup process as much as possible.

Finally we can present you the result. Learn more at the Play withSIX blog.

Major improvements on publishing mods and updates

Delivering all the mods fast to you is a key focus for us.

That is why we are proud to say that since the last few weeks we've improved our process and added manpower to ramp up the speed a great deal.

In addition we've had lots of support from users who notify and share mods over atgetsatisfaction. So if you notice missing our outdated mods, go there and join the effort!

In the near future mod authors themselves will be able to publish to the network for even faster availability and better presentation.

While mission authors can already start publishing missions right now.

Read on to find out how to keep up with the update streams..

http://withsix.com/blog/major-improvements-on-publishing-mods-and-updates

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Play withSIX 1.12 available now!

We're proud to present to you the 1.12 version of Play withSIX

2qbsk9h.jpg

Highlights

• Added more functionality to custom repositories and their associated collections
  • Improved download reliability
  • Improved library elements and actions
  • New dynamic collection 'Updates', contains all the available updates
  • Save and restore last used server for each collection
  • Support for copying collection content into other collections
  • Support for the latest Iron Front in Arma community patches

Many more exciting changes, be sure to read on..

http://withsix.com/blog/play-withsix-1-12-available-now

Thanks to Sickboy and the Six Team, really nice improvements.

However, I still have a bug where I can't see my friends list after logging in. It says "successfully logged in as..." Yet, it's like the client doesn't seem to notice that I'm logged in, with no friends list and it still saying login/register in the top left.

I have already explained to SB on getsatisfaction [here] a few weeks ago, so hopefully a fix is in the works.