Sign in to follow this  
xy20032004

Weapon-specific reload animations as it appears in iron front 1944 ???

In iron front 1944, when we use Kar 98K and m91 mosin riffle, the reload is quite real.

When you use ironsight aiming mode and fire one shot, the game will automatically force you to lower the riffle, pull the bolt to reload, and then return to ironsight aiming mode. That's really cool and real!

Back to AA2, with M107, M24, AS50, KSVK etc, none uses such reload script, make it really funny to shoot. You here the bolt pulling sound fx but dong't see any real action.

After searching for some time, I found that in iron front 1944, it runs the reload scripts in the following ways:

1. In 'Characters.ifa' config, there are two 'class eventhandler' scripts for 'class man', german and russian. In 'ini' part it uses a 'global*.sqf' script to load the main script.

2. In '*tests_scripts.ifa', there are some important scripts to run in order to finish the reload job. Just read the names and open them and you can see their functions. Weapon check, animation play, loading other scripts etc. The 'Real weapon reload' core is here.

(The '*' stands for some words that I can not remember.)

For animations, there are some important animation definitions in 'lib_weapons.ifa' config for reloading actions related to '*tests_scripts.ifa'.

But as I don't know much about scripting, I can not port this reload action into AA2. Do hope someone can make a mod which uses the idea of IF1944 to make the reload for sniper riffles in AA2 as real as it should be. Or tell us the way to do so, thanks in advance!

It boggles the mind that they scripted weapon specific reload animations. It can be done directly in the magazine config, without such script hacks. A clean engine based solution. :) Yes, this means magazine specific reload animations are totally possible in A2.

In the magazine class:

class magazine: someOtherMagazine
{
reloadAction = reloadBoltAction;[/Code]

This of course requires new man actions, so add the new action in cfgMovesBasic\ManActions\ManActReloadBoltRifle and it should work.
[code]reloadBoltAction = "AwopPercMstpSrasWrfl_ReloadBoltRifle"

This state referenced there, needs to exist of course, and that requires a new .rtm.

The above will get it to work principally, as now everytime you reload this specific magazine, the character will reload the bolt action rifle in a standing position, since that is the state we configured and told it to do.

To get it to work nicely, you'll have to create states of this for all three stances and then update all of the action maps with the correct action key of reloadBoltAction linking to the correct state.

Ideally this should be expanded in the engine to accept gestures instead of states, so all this can happen on the move. But this is nothing you can influence or worry about now.

Edited by Mondkalb