Sign in to follow this  
Wulvgar

Takistan dedicated server request test with 1.62 alpha linux

With the release of 1.62 alpha linux I like to request hosting a Takistan LIFE dedicated server.

I have about 20 years experience admin Linux servers and work as a (IT)contractor for large datacenter in Atlanta GA.

Currently I'm between contracts so I can police the server heavily for rule breakers and hackers. For example I use a Cisco router to block IP that try denial service attacks.

Who do I request to gain access to Takistan life mods ?

PS My server is Centos 64 if it matters. Runs amazing no lag

Thanks

Wulvgar

Edited by Wulvgar

You already have the mission - probably saved in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache if you use Windows.

Be careful, some people will try to ddos and bruteforce your server like crazy. I would delete your personal info from that post, there's one script kiddie who hates any and all "Life" admins with a vengeance and he will dox you if you make his acquaintance. Also, don't expect to have an easy time catching hackers. They're having a field day on the RPG servers right now as independent admins struggle to adapt our anti-hack solutions to a patch the hackers have already mastered. Expect some very demoralizing weeks or months before your server sails smoothly, but it will eventually get there if you have a lot of patience.

Edited by Zumbi

Thanks Zumbi, putting some plans in place I cant discuss in the open. Use my 20 years IT experience to beat this :)

Question

Only seeing the following nothing called Takistan Life Revolution.

anarchyinthetk.takistan

co40_tawdomi_2_60zc_oa_west_105.takistan

usbw_zlred.Zargabad

__cur_mp

Dont think its any of those name ?

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

duh .....anarchyinthetk.takistan ?

slow this morning need coffee

With the release of 1.62 alpha linux I like to request hosting a Takistan LIFE dedicated server.

I have about 20 years experience admin Linux servers and work as a (IT)contractor for large datacenter in Atlanta GA.

Currently I'm between contracts so I can police the server heavily for rule breakers and hackers. For example I use a Cisco router to block IP that try denial service attacks.

Who do I request to gain access to Takistan life mods ?

PS My server is Centos 64 if it matters. Runs amazing no lag

Thanks

Wulvgar

Unless you do a chroot or emulation, the current 1.62 alpha will not run on CentOS (because of a glic version issue).

Unless you do a chroot or emulation, the current 1.62 alpha will not run on CentOS (because of a glic version issue).

I thought Centos 6 had the correct glibc, thanks doing more reading.

Edited by Wulvgar

I thought Centos 6 had the correct glibc, thanks doing more reading.

It doesn't... it's about 3 patches behind what is needed to run the current alpha... figure 6 to 8 months before patches will be out for centos 6.x

I can confirm CentOS 6.2/rhel not working ...

I had to "redo" our server using Debian 6.0.5 (64bit) to get the alpha to work. Some admins are using the latest Ubuntu Server or chroot.

I also do not think you need any permission to run a mission. Just do it.

No permissions needed, there are no official BIS Run Servers. So just go for it.

I can confirm CentOS 6.2/rhel not working ...

I had to "redo" our server using Debian 6.0.5 (64bit) to get the alpha to work. Some admins are using the latest Ubuntu Server or chroot.

I also do not think you need any permission to run a mission. Just do it.

Same here mate, had to use Debian, but good news seems be working. Sucks I prefer Centos mush more reliable comes to an over all Linux server. I manage some 2000+ linux server so I've seen it all ...laugh

ON side note been chatting with the Mod creator, out of respect just wanted his blessing first :)