Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Day Z Announced as standalone title.

tabanca.jpgmosinucu.jpg

How long untill the surviving sim doubles the amount of weapons of the mil sim? :j:

How long untill the surviving sim doubles the amount of weapons of the mil sim? :j:

That pistol is the same which we got in arma 3 > http://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/a/ab/Arma3_CfgWeapons_hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F.jpg

Pistol Suppressor is new ,but that flashlight is also in A3 , cant be used because it is not finished

Moreover, the Arma 3 version -- and all .45 ACP weapons in Arma 3 -- share a generic Sound Suppressor (.45 ACP), at least in their configs, so in that sense there's no need for a new suppressor in Arma 3.

Yeah yeah, know that. But I'm surprised by the compensator, we saw one on the A3 announcement screens and so far...................

Hope it's something going both ways.

Moreover, the Arma 3 version -- and all .45 ACP weapons in Arma 3 -- share a generic Sound Suppressor (.45 ACP), at least in their configs, so in that sense there's no need for a new suppressor in Arma 3.

Yeah it's great having your four-five suddenly lose half it's recoil from a suppressor meant for another .45 handgun.

Very odd. But at least he is honest. I can only make the wild guess that he is realising that the Arma engine can not deliver the vision he has. Sad for both parties, hope DayZ standalone continues to innovate and push the boundaries without him. That is one thing Dean seemed to be very good at.

It doesnt' change a thing in my mind... What are they going to do anyway other than porting features from mods of DayZ into the standalone with a bit of polish? Being the public face behind the whole project I can understand people are worried he plans to leave before the game is even through beta phase, but it's not like the project is going to be put on a hold. Someone else is just gonna fill his shoes maybe even do a better job at focusing on the essential which is making the game fun rather than trying so hard to make the ultimate Bear Grylls boredom simulation. Anyway it must be lonely to spend years in a country half a world away from home whose language, customs and laws are foreign to you.

Edited by dunedain

I guess Rocket is like serial entrepreneur. He's the one who innovates and grounds new things, does the pioneer work and when he gets things running finally, he leaves to ground something new again.

Edited by Ezcoo

No Problem at all. Now Bis, bring Dayz development to a quick end and Arma 3 to new heights!

Ironically I think that 80% of Dayz can provide is due to big and expansive maps like Chernarus with Arma gameplay design in mind. The remainder Dayz features are all half done or broken(zombies, loot systems, gameplay design...).

People praise rocket and critize Arma developers and their "shitty engine", but I would like to know where he could have put his "great" ideas in place if Chernarus and Arma mechanics didn't exist.

Edited by Down8

Ironically I think that 80% of Dayz can provide is due to big and expansive maps like Chernarus with Arma gameplay design in mind. The remainder Dayz features are all half done or broken(zombies, loot systems, gameplay design...).

People praise rocket and critize Arma developers and their "shitty engine", but I would like to know where he could have put his "great" ideas in place if Chernarus and Arma mechanics didn't exist.

Im thinking Unity3d. One of the tools that was used to make ARMA Tactics. Its multiplatform aswell. But thats just me thinking.

Hello there

I'm biased, but think that indeed Dayz would not have existed without such an open and capable engine and the mod community behind it.

There probably *are* other engine capable of supplying the DAYZ experience, but R and his chums were (are) Arma players after all.

Is it "the perfect engine?" possibly not, but its still rather spiffy in my opinion.

Lastly, I don't think all us DAYZ players are blind Fanboys or have any anger against Arma or its community or even the engine, I've seen the same issues raised on its quirks in this very forum as on the Dayz one.

Being a DAYZ fan and an Arma one are not impossible.

Rgds

LoK

And then sometimes you have outright "engine envy"... Arma 3 players look at VBS3 and despair, while DayZ players look at Arma 3 and despair. :p

I Feel that the dayz mod ruins what arma 2 stands for but was a fun mod to play from time to time

In fact. Why doesn't the DayZ Devs give BI the new update from Chernarus to Chernarus+?

And can a huge update from DayZ DEVS possibly give players the ability to put shoes, pants and tops in Arma 3? (or is it a different engine?)

Chernarus+ is a map specifically re-designed for DayZ with several immersion elements that wouldn't fit into Arma, to be honest. Additionally,

Regarding the other kind of engine changes, I'm quite sure that Arma will soon benefit from those that can be used (e.g. new animation skeleton).

Chernarus+ is a map specifically re-designed for DayZ with several immersion elements that wouldn't fit into Arma, to be honest.

Call me a skeptic here. Would you care to elaborate what wouldn't fit for Arma if the original Chernarus was designed for it?

I don't have DayZ standalone, so I'm curious to know what exactly has changed so much. From what I saw quickly in the videos, they've expanded it, made most houses enterable, added swamps... nothing that I would consider inapropriate.

I would understand though that they don't want to release Chernarus+ before the official release of DayZ and that it may even be a paid DLC, but other than that...

Call me a skeptic here. Would you care to elaborate what wouldn't fit for Arma if the original Chernarus was designed for it?

I haven't played much of the standalone, but one big difference that comes to mind is the plane crash site and collapsed hotel in central Chernogorsk. I think there is also some gore inside (some of) the new buildings, which would be difficult to reconcile with most real-world scenarios.

Hello there

to be honest I dont really see any difficulties "setting wise" in using Cherno+ in ArmaXX once modding is opened up (and obviously if it is allowed as a later date, which obviously is NOT tolerated at the moment).

To me, its like playing I44 on Cherno, one has to suspend ones belief somewhat but its more than doable.

Also, from what I know, the devs of the individual games to not deliberately hoard their ideas or discoveries from the others so IMHO do expect some tech crossovers.

Rgds

LoK

Well H1Z1 looks and sounds like it's as much competive with DayZ as Planetside 2 for Arma 3. It competes more with 7 Days 2 Die and Nether than DayZ.

Well H1Z1 looks and sounds like it's as much competive with DayZ as Planetside 2 for Arma 3. It competes more with 7 Days 2 Die and Nether than DayZ.

H1Z1...free to play and micro transactions confirmed .....just sayin