Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Day Z Announced as standalone title.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:52 PM Rocket

I missed probably my favorite new "win" of the day, which was getting a working pistol holster into the game (chest holster). That was a high point, and allows us to do "proxy in proxy" enabling us to put slots on backpacks to further extend the carrying capacity of survivors (i.e. two melee item slots on the outside of backpacks).

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153415-another-quick-update-5-december-2013/?p=1537168

Woot! I'd bet that there's good chance we'll see this sometime down the road for arma 3

Thats the one of the most wanted things in arma 3 - i wonder if something from there will be used in arma 3 in the future

Thats the one of the most wanted things in arma 3 - i wonder if something from there will be used in arma 3 in the future

Both functional and esthetic. I can imagine magazines/grenades/item kits now showing up on vest based on how many you have.

And a summary of it:

And this:

*Note: most of these are things that will be in the game in the future NOT in the alpha or have been talked about *

Horses

cannibalism confirmed

Repairing weapons

There will be tent stashes, Notes and growing plants

There will be new maps in the future

Dean will allow modding in the future

Able to spray people with disinfectant and also drink it (May lead to death)

syphilis will not be in game

Wont be able to drink your own pee

Everything will be able to be used as a melee weapon (Duct tape, water bottles, bandages, etc)

Getting Drunk in the future

LSD and Marijuana confirmed for future xD

Switching to some items are instant

Melee has improved and damage is done for were it connects and not just in front

You can kidnap people with duct tape, zip ties and rope, but it has to be configured for that use

There will be different types of maps, tourists maps, incomplete maps (piece of a map), full maps and most likely others like orienteering maps

Setting traps for animals and other players even zombies

Zombies and animals will just wander around (Not hordes)

Carrying objects when sick will infect objects being carried

Will be able to knock out zombies

Zombies can give multiple types of diseases (Simple ones to the actual zombie virus)

Characters can get fitter, use of vaccines will make you immune to what the vaccine is used for

Will be able to use scope attachments and others by themselves

Items will have weight in the future

Can put pistol in holsters (Will save up inventory space) and able to quick draw from holster

Getting shot in different body parts effects how you use certain items

Being able to cancel animations

Different weapon stocks actually give different benefits

Will be able to show items on your model e.g just have hundreds of bats hanging off your bag

Spray painting your weapons and items

new massive apartment buildings all enterable with lots of rooms

Flair from scopes wants to be added

Will be an awesome rag doll

Bananas

Can take objects into hands (Full inventory no problem just hold it)

12 story and 8 story buildings all with enterable rooms

Dual magazines

Talk on spawning with a friend (only when both are fresh spawns)

Riot Gear, Hockey gear e.g people can become a massive tank that can take a lot of hits while the others kill everything

Hidden areas in the forest

Tea added, coffee and smokes want to be added

Zombies do run in a straight line

shooting the birds

From here, with some screens at the end: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1scbwj/things_confirmed_from_rockets_stream_today/

Awesome! And much of the Arma fans wishlist could be checked just by these facts. :j:

Cant wait the download to finish. Hope to see the new Chernarus ported soon in A3 too. Would be dreams come true. ;)

Please guys, buy it through bistore... ;)

Got it for 0,00€, it's a good way too use a 25€ voucher :p

Really like the changes to Chernarus. Other than that though I wasn't hugely impressed as a lot of the new things are either extremely cumbersome or they are worse than the way the mod did things, for instance melee and some of the inventory issue's. Course I know it's alpha and things change and get better.

As I expected it's quite a disappointing experience so far. Annoying Arma2 laggy mouse control, relatively bad graphics, low fps, unstable servers, lack of new features and ideas compared to the mod.

I did have a good time with 8 other people in a group until the server crashed. The foundation for some good gameplay is there, it just needs moar work.

My 5870 is also loud as hell in the game, heating up a lot compared to e.g. Arma3.

lack of new features and ideas compared to the mod.
Ehhh, the thing here is that the point of the standalone in Rocket's eyes for over a year has been "the DayZ gameplay concept on an engine not hopelessly riddled with a fundamentally unsecure design", though the time it took to develop that (and wanting a minimum standard of stable fps) was why it took so long to get this out.

Does anyone know how often stable version of standalone will be updated? (daily, weekly, monthly?)

I have only slowish internet connection at the moment. Yesterday I downloaded about 40% of the game but today it started from 0% again. I presume it was because there was some update already.

Expect these first months to be pretty busy on updates.

The first release of a series of threads that will follow DayZ from Alpha to Beta and Release. There is still more for me to fiddle with and make clearer but for now it's ready, expect minor updates in the future. I will update this thread when I update the guide.

As always comments are welcomed, thanks for your time.

The first release of a series of threads that will follow DayZ from Alpha to Beta and Release. There is still more for me to fiddle with and make clearer but for now it's ready, expect minor updates in the future. I will update this thread when I update the guide.

As always comments are welcomed, thanks for your time.

Please keep all DayZ related discussion in this thread.

Feel free to post your guides here from now on.

So DayZ makes five million dollars already, what chance BIS can make a 64bit exe for dayz/arma3 and my computer can be used to it's full potential?

So DayZ makes five million dollars already, what chance BIS can make a 64bit exe for dayz/arma3 and my computer can be used to it's full potential?

woaw, slow down there. let them fix the "need to eat and drink every 15 sec or you go into a coma" issue fixed first.

Dynamo;2581935']woaw' date=' slow down there. let them fix the "need to eat and drink every 15 sec or you go into a coma" issue fixed first.[/quote']

It's because you start off at 25% food and drink.

So DayZ makes five million dollars already.....

Well ...... Steam probably made most of that......

I just hope they'll fix the "my-char-stands-up-when-trying-to-enter-a-building-crouching-and-attracts-all-zombies-i've-managed-to-avoid-until-then"-bug which is there since the mod version. Countless times i've managed to avoid attracting zombies by crouching, tried to reach a house to hopefully find something useful but at the moment my char was about to get in the building, he stands up! I just managed to crawl between a dozen Z's and now this idiot (my char) just stands up? Ok, i'm not a game programmer but i would call this a game breaking bug. And it's there for 2 years. For a game like this it is imminent that i have full control of my char, knowing it wont do something stupid.