Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Day Z Announced as standalone title.

Oh yeah, that for the engine first-ever natively supported melee will be very interesting! :)

Bloody hell yes (even if OFP had a native underdeveloped system)

Quick Question:

--Will it have the 3D or 2D editor?

--Will it allow the player to fight and survive offline?

--Will it be portable in arma 3? If so, it might change the whole gameplay of arma 3?

Ranwer

No editor planned, no offline single-player planned, no official Arma 3 port.

Hello there

Just to flesh out some concerns, one really must not think of the game in "mod" terms, it truly is something other. Im sure there are elements that one could shoehorn into A3 but all the underlying code has been so drastically changed it would be unlikely that anything would work.

Also, I imagine that the "pbo"'s or equivalent might be locked as they were with Iron Front. (pure guesswork).

Think more of Dayz as something similar to Take on Mars rather than Take on Helicopters. IMHO It runs parallel to Arma2/3 than with it.

Rgds

LoK

Can you compare the general felling of it with DayZ mod or one of its mods?

And the survival thing, how "strong" is it?

EDIT:

What kind of witchery is this?

BYPRqVRCMAAt9KU.jpg:large

Edited by Smurf

No editor planned, no offline single-player planned, no official Arma 3 port.

soo...the game isn't offline, it has no editor, and its not portable?!? Sorry if im being rude here, but I think the whole project of DayZ standalone is useless. :(

I mean seriously? If it has no editor, SP missions, or even offline mode, then its an arcade game.

I love DayZ myself, but if its going to be a standalone, then it needs an editor.

Sorry if I might have offended you guys of DayZ, but if its going to be official it needs an editor.

After all, its an apocalyptic survival simulator.

Rgds,

Ranwer

If it has no editor, SP missions, or even offline mode, then its an arcade game.

The absense of any of those things does not automatically make a game "arcade". DayZ is pretty hardcore by nature - quite the opposite of arcade.

Sorry if I might have offended you guys of DayZ, but if its going to be official it needs an editor.

After all, its an apocalyptic survival simulator.

That's quite a non sequitur, which is to say it makes absolutely zero sense.

A survival simulator needs many things (scavenging for loot, open world, persistent player character, some sense of danger from the environment etc.), but an editor is not one of those things. Nor is a single player mode, for that matter.

soo...the game isn't offline, it has no editor, and its not portable?!? Sorry if im being rude here, but I think the whole project of DayZ standalone is useless. :(

In other words, you were hoping to play the game offline, modify it and port it to ARMA3. Sorry if that's not possible, but that doesn't make it useless.

Why apocalyptic survival game needs an editor? Isn't the locked down world the whole point? You're at the mercy of the elements. The world plays you, you don't play the world.

How many mmorpgs you know has an editor?

And of course you can't port it to A3. They're completely different games. You can't port Call of Duty to Sims either, can you? ;)

These are the current closed pre-alpha application of DayZ that's being used for development, the application that will appear as the publically available version and the server executable to set up your own dedicated server.

Part of the point of a standalone was because the Arma 3 devs would never "lock down" Arma 3 as much as Rocket would want for "the DayZ concept"... and so that he could get an engine designed basically just for the DayZ concept, i.e. no soldier AI/group commanding.

I still think that making dayZ on Arma2 base was the worst desicion BIS did, ever.

Hope for BIS, that it still sells as good as the dayZ mod itself was liked and hyped - before some good, free mod for ArmA3 comes out.

Arma 3 fundamentally differs from DayZ SA in the client-server architecture difference, the Arma 3 project lead's stated that that's by design, so at the very least the SA should have that much going for it. Besides, if an Arma 3 mission or mod does "take the Internet by storm", I admittedly doubt that it would be in the gameplay vein of DayZ...

ok so i will simplyfy this "we (BI) don't allow hosting No-CD key or any other type of servers for pirated or uvalidated public MP gameplay"