Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Day Z Announced as standalone title.

Impressive accomplishment considering the other titles, and how little actual new content they made so far. Hopefully a great game will come out of it, though it seems it might take quite a while before it's fully featured.

There is something almost hilariously telling about how the article has Maruk saying "Walking for half an hour in a game would usually be boring. But just doing that, I felt stronger emotions than I’d ever felt in Arma" (trying to link up with Suma) and by 'telling' I mean in the sense of why Maruk would so strongly get behind DayZ (beyond the money, which as a CEO is obvious).

Also interesting how it doesn't mention Rocket's admission elsewhere that he'd actually had second thoughts about the Everest climb while the development was still where it was but that Maruk was the one who told him to go ahead with it.

Also interesting how it doesn't mention Rocket's admission elsewhere that he'd actually had second thoughts about the Everest climb while the development was still where it was but that Maruk was the one who told him to go ahead with it.

Well.. we cant have CEO's looking TO human can we ;)

Good article. I'm surprised wired picked up on DayZ.

they better hurry up , this video seems to suggest the players themselvs are so craving anything with DayZ they are becoming automunous Zombie like themselves haha

QKV8F-oQZTM

Surviving a viral outbreak, DayZ style - Gamasutra.com

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200295/Surviving_a_viral_outbreak_DayZ_style.php

For the last 12 months the culture of the project was just a few guys in a room developing, but now they're adding 20 or 30 staff and moving to a new office. Managing that growth in such a short time was incredibly difficult.

Oh boy, now that the "aftermath" of the A3 release was calming down....THIS.

*taking a deep breath*... ArmA III will have the bigger staff. 1 intern plus 10000s of community helpers. *taking another deep breath*

Hello everyone. I'm realy confused right now, because I went over to "EBGames" to see if they can preorder the DayZ Standalone Game, he said "Awww...Its already sold out 4 months ago", WTF?!? I've seen the DEV blog and I went back saying "I saw it as a DEV project and i've heard rumors of people already preordering it, is there one coming before christmas?". Another staff member of EBGames said "The DayZ game can be preordered in digital format in steam".

QUESTIONS:

• Will DayZ be released in digital AND boxed format?
  • When will it be available for preorder?
  • Will it be released before Christmas this year?
  • How much (at a max) will it cost?
  • Can it be preordered now if it is available, and where to get it?

Kind Regards,

Ranwer

Rumors or gags such as this are bound to happen all the time, Arma has seen its fair share as well.

Until you see some official word either on their main website or here http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/ then assume all information regarding a release date or cost is false.

Hello everyone. I'm realy confused right now, because I went over to "EBGames" to see if they can preorder the DayZ Standalone Game, he said "Awww...Its already sold out 4 months ago", WTF?!? I've seen the DEV blog and I went back saying "I saw it as a DEV project and i've heard rumors of people already preordering it, is there one coming before christmas?". Another staff member of EBGames said "The DayZ game can be preordered in digital format in steam".

QUESTIONS:

• Will DayZ be released in digital AND boxed format?
  • When will it be available for preorder?
  • Will it be released before Christmas this year?
  • How much (at a max) will it cost?
  • Can it be preordered now if it is available, and where to get it?

Kind Regards,

Ranwer

Hello there

1.Sold out? Impossible. It's not out yet.

2.No preorders from Steam are available at this time. There may or may not be no pre-orders whatsoever.

3.Digital and boxed? AFAIK Mainly Digital, but who knows what "Special Editions" may or may not be released. On the whole, until you see different go with digital.

4.Release date? There is no set date. The first release will be a Beta-esque release (similar to A3) without some content and with possible issues. Dont expect the "final game" on release.

5.Cost? It will likely be "cheap" compared to many AAA games and at a reduced price whilst in Beta.

6. Preorder? Nope. sorry. Not available at this time.

I recommend keeping an eye on the official DAYZ forums. http://dayzmod.com/forum/

Rgds

LoK

I believe that Rocket announced months ago that that refers to the current private build, and that the DayZ standalone simply isn't publicly available.

The more or less relevant info here is the name change to the official DayZ designation.

about 12 hours ago Changed name ValveTestApp221100 Early Access › DayZ Early Access

3.Digital and boxed? AFAIK Mainly Digital, but who knows what "Special Editions" may or may not be released. On the whole, until you see different go with digital.

Thats pretty much my problem there too. I'm not really fund on Digital formats because if your computer crashes, you will lose all the data. But is there any advantages with digital versions besides disk formats?

Thats pretty much my problem there too. I'm not really fund on Digital formats because if your computer crashes, you will lose all the data. But is there any advantages with digital versions besides disk formats?

There are pros & cons with both, as is the case with most things :) I too prefer hard copy, but if you wish for some digital pros:

You can download your game no matter where you are, given decent bandwidth.

Your game will always be available.

Up-to-date versions maintained easier.

Steam also allows you to make hard copies of your games, if you don't want to have to download again the whole thing after your format or you hardDrive dies. It has more pros than cons imo... My original copies of H&D2 and OFP, stopped working after years of use. It's not gonna happen with my Steam library.

Up-to-date versions maintained easier.
This was one of the big reasons why Arma 3 went Steamworks and almost certainly a key factor in DayZ being Steamworks as well. And yes, you can back up your games digitally yet burn the archives to a disc and restore from a disc... that's how Steamworks games' retail discs work.

Hello there

I was very wary of Steam when it first arrived but now I could not do without it.

I miss the days of huge manuals in my game box but most games dont need or ship with those anymore, which is a shame.

With steam, many of my games are in one place, I can make copies if I need and I dont have to worry about damaged media.

Its not all flowers and hugs though and I have lost some hair through it.

Im in the DAYZ beta and having auto update the daily changes makes it far easier to use than having to manually dl and install them.

Dont be afraid of Steam and Dayz neither are as evil as one might think.

Rgds

LoK