Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Day Z Announced as standalone title.

Apparently its going to run on a scrapped down TKOH, won't be purchasing it then.

I can't imagine the thought process of using that single piece of misquoted information as a basis for purchase. Surely how the game plays would be a more meaningful basis? Did you see any of the features from the new RV engine that will be ported over? Out of that list, what do you imagine is missing that would be essential for DayZ?

Out of that list, what do you imagine is missing that would be essential for DayZ?

Ragdolls and proper physics. :) Missing from the entire RV range, except for you-know-what & ArmA III.

a somewhat simplified version of the Arma 3 ragdoll implementation is a very high priority for development :)

:)

I'm sure they'll figure it out how to port a solution from the ArmA III experience. They had better do the same for dedicated weapon/equipment keys, provided they're in ArmA III in the first place. : D

Yeah, ragdoll will surely find its way to our swinging axes and blazing guns!

Regarding the equipment system, I am really much looking forward to their complete re-write and how weapons behave as something else than strings.

Regarding the equipment system, I am really much looking forward to their complete re-write and how weapons behave as something else than strings.

I have always found it interesting, that the weapon Reload function is both on the action scroll list and the "R" key - I wonder how easy it is to mod vanilla ArmA II to a similar weapons scheme.

The only issue BIS had (have?) is the 0-9 AI command interface, which as we've all seen is utterly useless in DayZ, PvP, Solo missions, online Co-op, missions where AI is team leader. :)

Haven't seen a confirmation of that, other than the wish expressed by the developer.

Well it's on the list as one of the things being worked on, which is all we have to go on. It will be a slightly cut-down ragdoll, I don't know what that means but it sounds like ragdoll :)

New news regarding the Standalone.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-27-dayz-standalone-release-this-year-says-dean-hall

Further tops for the Standalone:

- Hackers

- Bugs

- Performance

The Question is if he realize that the playerbase also want new content and endgames, as well as goals to reach.

Regarding the Release:

"It has to be out before the end of the year," he stressed. "Not just because we've committed to it but in order to achieve what we have to do. It has to be. There's no 'we hope it is'; it has to be. And it's going to be cheap. We've decided that we don't need to sell a heap of units in order for us to be OK with where it's going. The more units we sell of it the more ambitious we get, because the project has the better resources.

also nice detail

Performance optimisation and bugs are other top priorities. Hall's even made friends with Valve and Notch and Eve Online maker CCP, who all want to see and help with early code of standalone DayZ before it goes live.

shame that the stream is still in progress but for further infos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Ktffj7TNVo

Edited by Raptor

The Question is if he realize that the playerbase also want new content and endgames, as well as goals to reach.

[/url]

Rocket has discussed that in interviews that are on Youtube.

The ones recorded after the stanadlone was announced are the best ones to watch.

Adding stuff isn't nearly as important as getting rid of the hackers, bugs and glitchiness of the zombies.

that seems to be the general concensus on the DayZ forums, people are tired of being killed by stepping off 2 foot drops, zombies doing flying chuck norris punches through walls, stairs, and

opening doors and gates.....

Rocket has discussed that in interviews that are on Youtube.

The ones recorded after the stanadlone was announced are the best ones to watch.

hmmm, the eurogamer vid isn't still working for me.

Adding stuff isn't nearly as important as getting rid of the hackers, bugs and glitchiness of the zombies.

that seems to be the general concensus on the DayZ forums, people are tired of being killed by stepping off 2 foot drops, zombies doing flying chuck norris punches through walls, stairs, and

opening doors and gates.....

That's right, but judging from several other comments on dif. forums, he shouldn't lose sight of the gaming/endgame aspect. I mean it's really difficult to work several months on a game, release an alpha with the basics of bug fixing and release the deeper gameplay aspects just step by step. Like throw individual stones to the users and they shall build their own home with it. I fear that wouldn't be satisfying but may i'm wrong.

hmmm, the eurogamer vid isn't still working for me.

See it here. The one says that it's still processing has been like that for days.

Stay tuned for poop to become the new griefing tool. See 18:30 in the video.

Edited by jblackrupert

DayZ: How Slow Moving Zombies Changed Gaming Overnight

http://www.redbull.co.uk/cs/Satellite/en_UK/Article/DayZ-How-slow-moving-zombies-changed-gaming-021243263343760

And newest Standalone info on PC Gamer. [Also links back to the vg247 interview]

DayZ’s Rocket wants standalone alpha in November

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/08/dayz-rocket-standalone-november/

Edited by jblackrupert

Really interested to see how they pull it off. Thanks for the updates.