Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience

This is looking really impressive. I remember OFP VTE and i am sure that PBR boats had rotating radar randomes? Would be cool if some of these boats had flamethrowers which i believe some really were equipped with. Not sure if the arma2 engine can stimulate flamethrowers though.

Invasion 1944 has some flamethrowers in it very nice too.

Looks great

Thanks!

This is looking really impressive. I remember OFP VTE and i am sure that PBR boats had rotating radar randomes? Would be cool if some of these boats had flamethrowers which i believe some really were equipped with. Not sure if the arma2 engine can stimulate flamethrowers though.

That's true, flamethrowers are a good idea, the napalm of the sea but I don't know if it is possible to implement it in a performance oriented and multiplayer oriented way.

Inv44 is a good mod tho.

Anyways, the future looks good for VTE and more news is coming!

The next version will be another great one, I have nice set of issues learned from my own MP gaming sessions which fixes will improve the gameplay even further. I'm going to add all the new models/vehicles that are under work or donated to us.

In 2013 VTE will be focusing into more frequent updates like shown with the v1.5.25 release. No need to wait for months if not years for another unbelievable VTE release, I won't make any promises but you could be seeing updates every month now...

Can't wait for the VTE updates....Finding I need to "make" time to visit the PMC server

Member Skelig has created a tank which will fill a much needed gap in the mod: The M41!

_1m3u4k.png

_26yuui.png

_3lju5g.png

I went on to scare off VC's with it and it works.

M41 to give the south vietnamese some tank power :-)

M41 to give the south vietnamese some tank power :-)

It's one of their major tanks. Good work!

And the list of updates doesn't stop.

This is the Remington 11-48 that was used in Vietnam by many people.

One of the best ways to clear a trench full of Vietcong or US Soldiers.

1d0b98.png

2mqyy6.png

3j4yia.png

Do you have a wish or think something is missing or just want to give feedback? It'll all be read!

A new campaign is in the works to complement the older Australians in Vietnam one.

It features many battles in Vietnamese cities, a welcome change from the endless jungles.

41vu4o.png

1s0upd.png

2zju1s.png

38pus8.png

That looks really great. Yeah some battles in towns would be nice to do.

Good to see that VTE is still be worked on.

Keep it up.

Cheers

Good to see that VTE is still be worked on.

Oh, yes it is and to me personally it is going to be one of the best releases of VTE in ArmA2 because this time, there is so much more than everthing together.

That's because you missed v1.5 back in last year, check out the changelog and be blown away :)

Next release just cannot be larger as we only have fraction of the time to edit it. Now we try the frequent updates system, more releases in shorter time. It doesn't mean there wont be any good stuff included, not at all.

check out the changelog and be blown away :)

That's true, better late than never!

VTE v1.5.26 upgrade using delta patching has been released!

First post updated, enjoy.

Here is my story while playing the new Vietnam: The Experience version:

After the installation (a little bit different but well worth it - spoiler for instructions) I immediately picked a battle.

Installation

Unpack this upgrade on your vte_dev/ mod directory. This is the -mod directory name you run VTE with, to me its -mod=x\xeh;x\vte_dev so I will unpack this archive into "vte_dev" directory under x dir. Let me illustrate it so there is no confusion

d:\arma2 <- ArmA 2 root dir

d:\arma2\x <- sub directory for MOD's

d:\arma2\x\xeh <- extendend eventhandlers mod dir.

d:\arma2\x\vte_dev <- VTE mod dir.

Wether you have x mod sub directory is entirely up to you.

Install

1) install vietnam_the_experience_v1.5.7z

2) install VTE_v1.5.25_upgrade.7z

3) execute run_v1.5.26_upgrade.bat file in vte_dev dir.

I played the Australians in Vietnam campaign a bit and some other missions.

In the first mission I was playing a Vietcong and had to check on some village that was befriended with the US - little did I know that

it was protected by a whole Army battalion!

r1lnqkv.png

So I ran away-Please don't call me coward!

Then I played as a SAS Sergeant and had to lead an ambush against North Vietnamese soldiers. The only rule: To not shoot the prisoners

that they had taken!

Unfortunately I lost 2 of them but that's life!

r26wrq0.png

r3a3p9t.png

My fellow gunners were quite efficient and I was nearly heartbroken when I saw my beloved number 4 die.

r4d6qk6.png

War is hell.

Anyways, then I chose to play as a CIDG freshman, defending a valuable outpost in a town, that was ravaged by war.

r5pdqa8.png

After fending off the assault, I had to check the houses for remaining Vietcongs - and I mean ALL of them!

r660qqb.png

Long story cut short, the Ithaca shotgun is not only great in the thick jungle...

Anyways, off to sail but unfortunately my boats were ambushed...

r7g8qmr.png

And all of this happened in just one hour!

Edited by DaMan3

And the journey goes on! This time it is another enhancement of the marine, the Patrol Fast Boat (or one of them).

pfc_1owu5x.png

And the journey goes on! This time it is another enhancement of the marine, the Patrol Fast Boat (or one of them).

http://abload.de/thumb/pfc_1owu5x.png

Looking really amazing keep up the good work and thanks for the effort you guys putting in VTE.

cheers

Looking really amazing keep up the good work and thanks for the effort you guys putting in VTE.

cheers

Thanks, yes the work goes on and even more is coming! And with six updates, the updates will automatically be pushed to your mod folder'

I LIKE IT Daman3...keep it coming...do you actually get any sleep inbetween all this? :yay:

One thing has always been missing: Something that you don't have to leave as soon as you hit the land.

This is why we have introduced the PVAC hovercraft into VTE. It can go over water and land, which makes it perfect

for all maps with lots of swamps and light jungle inbetween.

5cvotv.png

229ovf.png

17oo0v.png

3h4p4p.png

I LIKE IT Daman3...keep it coming...do you actually get any sleep inbetween all this?

Thanks.Well, Charlie never sleeps :p

Tree ladder doesn’t seem to work, first one I’ve ever come across..

Island is: 'VTE Ku Bao Tien Massiv', picture here..

Any idea, my end or your end the problem ?

:)

Its common bug with ladder configs, been on bugs list for some time but just low priority.

Its common bug with ladder configs, been on bugs list for some time but just low priority.

O.k. thanks..:)

Work on the campaign goes on well. Even though there are many well made missions in towns and urban areas,

there is also a big focus on naval based assault.

Since we have all the new enterable ships, boats and bugfixes, it should also come to no surprise

that some preparation missions are on boats where you can walk around freely on them.

c12kki2.png

c24fknl.png

Unless there are some unexpected problems, the hovercraft and one other vehicle will be included in the next release.