*zeewolf*

Modern War(fare) Crisis

Version v1.0 release

Hotfix 1

Hotfix 1

Version 1.1 release

WW4 based multiplayer total conversion.

Persistent client side player profile implemented using Sinews of War saving.

In game currency: FlashPoints, earn ten flashpoints per kill in core game modes, earn a match bonus based on how long you play.

Use your FlashPoints to purchase weapons and attachments in the Create-A-Class mode.

Gamble your FlashPoints against other players in wager matches. Several lobby buy-in options available, in-game double down voting supported.

Create-A-Class mode; Try out weapons at the firing range, purchase weapons from an in-game shop that can be saved to one of five customised loadouts. Saved custom class loadouts are available for use in core game modes.

Five base classes available for use until the player replaces them with custom classes (base class loadouts can be tailored to the mission by the mission designer).

Modular Weapon Attachments; purchase custom optics and accessories. Up to 72 possible accessory combinations per weapon, 32 weapons available.

MP weapon balancing; carefully chosen weapons and parameters to ensure no weapon is identical to another, each have their own strengths and weaknesses in terms of damage, recoil, rate of fire, magazine capacity, price and accessory range.

Arcade health system; regenerating health, wounds cause blackouts depending upon severity. Inverse armor, hitting the torso does more damage than hitting arms or legs. Only sniper rifles and explosives are one hit kills.

New gear; including proximity triggered claymores, underslung shotguns, grip-pods, flashbangs, frag-12 ammo and more.

Killstreak system; all core game modes support the following killstreaks; 3 kills=UAV recon, 5 kills=Predator missile, 7 kills=Precision airstrike/JDAM, 10 kills=Reaper UCAV, 15 kills=AC-130 pass

Support for faction dependent multiplayer announcers in all game modes (audio files are not included).

Template mission folders for each game mode to allow rapid creation of new missions. Just add props and vehicles (lots of multiplayer missions for all of the MWC game types have already been written to support beta testing).

Choose the camouflage you want to use from the lobby (each playable role in a free-for-all mission corresponds to a different camo pattern).

Core game modes:

3 Team Capture and Hold (two flag domination), annex the flags to gain points for your team, controlling both flags causes enemy teams to lose points.

Deathmatch (with flag). One point per kill. Get the flag to the destination to get ten points.

Domination; three zones, one point per second per zone for the team that controls it.

Hunter; Each player is assigned to "target" another player and is in turn targetted by one other player. A player's target is tracked on the map so they can always hunt them down. Killing your target gives you five points (50FP), killing a non-targetted player gives you one point (10FP).

Kill Confirmed; Team Deathmatch variant, while players can score normally through kills, their team score is only increased by retrieving "dog-tag" flags from the bodies of enemy players (confirming a kill). Retrieving flags from friendly bodies prevent the enemy team from scoring (denying a kill). Bodies holding dog-tags are clearly designated by a colour coded smoke marker (or chem-light if its dark).

King of the Hill; Gain one point every ten seconds you hold the area uncontested, the area moves to a new location every four minutes.

Oddball; Take the flag from the pole, gain one point for every ten seconds you hold the flag. The flagholder's location is tracked on everyone else's map.

Team Deathmatch (with flag); get the flag back to your team's base to score for your team.

Team Oddball; score points for your team by carrying the flag.

All core game modes support two to eight players, 3 Team Capture and hold supports up to nine players (three teams of three).

Wager Match modes:

Gun Game; Kill enemies with the provided gun to progress through the ranks, each new rank corresponds to a different gun. Melee other players to force them to drop ranks. First player to progress through twenty one ranks wins the match.

Sharpshooter; All players are given the same randomly selected weapon, a new gun is chosen every 45 seconds.

One in the Chamber; Players are given an insta-kill revolver (the "Mk44 Refibrillator" no less) with one bullet. Kill a player, earn a bullet. If you miss you must melee kill a player to get another bullet.

All wager matches support two to six players, the winnings are split accordingly.

Weapons:

In MWC you may carry a primary weapon, secondary weapon, launcher and ancilliary equipment (hand grenades, mines etc). The primary weapon can be of any type except a pistol.

The secondary weapon can only be a pistol, SMG, carbine, assault rifle or shotgun.

Why bother to take a pistol you may ask? In MWC it is much faster to switch to a pistol than either reloading your primary weapon or switching to a secondary long barreled weapon.

Magazines for the primary weapon consume standard ammo slots which must be shared with launcher ammo and ancilliary equipment. You may carry up to four magazines for a secondary weapon (regardless of type), secondary mags don't use up inventory slots.

The weapons of MWC have been carefully selected to provide strengths and weaknesses that match their real life counterparts. A few examples:

• When you want an assault rifle do you choose the lower damage, low recoil, 30 round clip AK-107 or the high damage, high recoil, 25 round clip ACR 6.8?

• When you want a carbine do you choose a fast firing but less accurate G36C or the higher damage Groza or the low recoil AKS-74U or the jack of all trades M4?

• When you want a sniper rifle do you choose a one hit kill L-115A3 or a low damage automatic marksman rifle like the Mk-12?

Whatever your style of play you should be able to find a weapon that suits you and use different attachment sets and customised loadouts to tailor your gun to a wide range of battlefield situations.

Weapons List:

Sidearms:

Beretta 93R

M1911A1

Glock 18

Colt Anaconda

Desert Eagle

Skorpion Sa-61

Ingram MAC-10

Pistols offer much faster draw time to other secondary weapons. Beretta, M1911A1 and Glock can be fitted with suppressors.

SMGs:

MP5

UMP45

PP-19 Bizon

P90

SMGs can mount Reflex, Holo or Aimpoint optics and a barrel attachment.

Carbines:

M4A1

AKS-74U

OC-14 Groza

G36C

Carbines can mount Reflex, Holo, Aimpoint, ACOG or Elcan optics, a barrel attachment and any handguard attachment simultaneously.

Assault Rifles:

M16A4

AK-47

FAMAS

ACR 6.8

SCAR-H

AN-94

AK-107

Assault rifles can mount Reflex, Holo, aimpoint, ACOG, Elcan or marksman optics. They cannot mount a masterkey or launcher at the same time as a barrel attachment.

MGs:

M249

PKP Pecheneg

RPK-74

MGs can mount Reflex, Holo, Aimpoint, ACOG or Elcan optics, a grip and a flash suppressor.

Sniper Rifles:

M39 EMR

SVDK Dragunov

Mk-12 SPR

VSS Vintorez

L115A3 AWSM

Barret M82

Sniper rifles must mount either a ACOG, Elcan, Sniper scope, ART or Ballistic optics. The M39, Mk12 and VSS can be suppressed (VSS is always suppressed).

Shotguns:

M-1014

Masterkey (attachment)

Shotguns and masterkeys can be loaded with buckshot, slugs or Frag-12 ammo.

AT Launchers:

M72 LAW

M136 AT4

Mk153 SMAW

FGM-148 Javelin

Attachments list:

Optics:

Reflex RX-01 (Kobra on Russian weapons)

Aimpoint

Holographic

ACOG (PSO-1 on Russian weapons)

Elcan

x6 Marksman scope

x8 Sniper Scope

ART scope

Ballistic scope

Barrel:

Flash Suppressor

Suppressor

Handguard:

Grip-pod

Grenade launcher (M-203 or GP-30)

Masterkey

Oh and here's the MLODs for Macsers G36C, I forgot to include them in the main release.

I've included an excessively detailed editor guide for those wishing to fiddle with this mod or just learn from it, you'll need to read at least part of it to make MWC missions. Not every unit or weapon class available in the mod's configs is listed in the editor guide, mostly because I forgot about them, I guess you can consider them Easter eggs.

The included multiplayer missions all use content included in the mod, no extra addons required. Since most of the missions used in the beta test have exotic addon requirements only about half of the missions included were in the beta test. The remainder have been cranked out from the MWC templates and stuff I had lying around (grass templates and the like). The remaining missions from the beta test (which also happen to be my favorites) may be released as themed "content drops" which require common addon sets.

Possible content drops would be:

Afghanistan (CAT Afghan and Taliban based)

Africa (BAS Tonal based)

Japan (BOH Buren and Kanon)

Vietnam (Seb Ilo, RIJ, HC Meekong) since every FPS needs Vietnam DLC

Chechnya, Chechnya island (the controversial but brilliant .chechen one).

But that depends on what happens with supporting the main mod with patches etc.

Edited by *Zeewolf*
v1.1 release

Congratulations on release :thumbsup:

Is it Arma:Cold War Assault compatible?

Yes, it was developed on v1.99, beta tested on v1.96. There are a lot of scripts that would have benefited from GetposASL but they all use work arounds for backward compatibility.

There is a cooperative?

Edited by =SappeR=

There is a cooperative?

If you mean; can you play MWC game modes cooperatively against AI? No you can't, no AI is allowed in the MWC game modes, many features actually rely on it not being present. It could be implemented but playing against AI always feels different to playing against a human and they can never be relied upon to properly balance out teams in team game modes. As provided MWC game modes are strictly PVP.

It is backward compatible with standard SP and MP missions though since it replaces standard BIS classes. You can also use the create-a-class shop in Debug mode to view the weapon and magazine classes for a given attachment combination then add these weapons to your own missions as you see fit.

It appears a bug slipped in when building the release. Some of the missions aren't displaying the Outro sequence which is pretty important in MWC because it's where the player's profile is updated with their earnings from the mission.

The effected missions can be patched with this hotfix.

Also included is a content drop of new missions using the BIS islands. Only "Bloc" and "Rust" require a third party addon in the form of AGS Industrial Pack v3.0.

I will release content drops for third party islands if there is sufficient feedback/demand.

Edited by *Zeewolf*

One question: am I supposed to install "Default Classes" folder, and "ZeewolfAP.adf" file? If so, where should I put them?

One question: am I supposed to install "Default Classes" folder, and "ZeewolfAP.adf" file? If so, where should I put them?

No the purpose of default classes is described in the editor's guide. Basically they are the scripts used to define the default class loadouts used in missions, if you're not actually making MWC missions then you don't need them.

Also the mission folders in "templates" should be placed in Users\Username\MPMissions not your BIS template folder since they are not wizard templates. You open them like a regular mission in the mission editor to move stuff around and add props.

As for the .adf file, well consider that an amusing easter egg for you to unlock if you choose to research it, the file extension should be enough to go on.

There is a cooperative?

@*Zeewolf*:

I must agree with =Sapper=, if you are not going to host a Dedicated server or have somebody else do that, then having a separate Singleplayer mode would be necessary to experience the gameplay of your mod.

Please bear in mind that OFP/Arma:CWA multiplayer community is quite small nowadays...

Well that is only my opinion :j:

Take care, Icarus

I had in mind: Is there a co-op missions for multiplayer for one team? Or only for the two teams?

It's a shame these issues weren't raised in the addon discussion thread.

Even if you have only one person to play against, bare in mind that some game modes actually work really well as two player matches. Kill confirmed being the best, although Hunter and Oddball can lead to some excellent standoffs.

I had in mind: Is there a co-op missions for multiplayer for one team? Or only for the two teams?

All game modes are PVP. Bringing any kind of AI into the mod opens up a huge can of worms. If they were included would they be "bots" which attempt to mimic humans as closely as possible or would they be better used in a more conventional sense in a single player or coop campaign? Both options have their pros and cons.

It is possible to implement co-op or single player gameplay into the mod but would require the game modes to be re-written from scratch since they are so heavily optimised for multiplayer they simply don't allow AI to be added in. The AI in Battlefield 1985 AI demo is as close as I could get to bots for an advanced game type, yes they'll actually be able to do everything a human player can but they aren't a substitute. I created that mission to allow the teams to be balanced in matches I was playing in, but players found them to be inadequate for full competitive play. Hence why I haven't put similar support into any mission since. I find it hard to justify the work of adding them to MWC given the lack of demand for AI in my clan and more importantly no consensus on what is meant by "coop" support.

Possible options for singleplayer or coop support are:

1. Completely autonomous bots playing any MWC game mode in a lone wolf fashion (as in the BF1985 demo).
  2. Bots in MWC team game modes that rely on a human team leader for instructions.
  3. Bots in MWC team game modes that operate in a seperate squad to human players on their team.
  4. MWC team game modes that pit a human only team against an AI only team.
  5. An MW3 style survival mode with equipment purchasing.
  6. A COD style campaign playable in coop.
  7. A CCE style persistent dynamic coop campaign with equipment purchasing mechanic.

Which would you like to see? If there's a strong consensus then I'll consider making it.

Edited by *Zeewolf*

nice mod

Thanks, you just motivated me enough to release another hotfix and content drop of the stuff I've been playing/working on.

There's some minor bug fixes to the MWC mission templates and missions as well as a lot of new content. This time the new content has rather random addon requirements, some of them use a mixture, e.g. CAT Afghanistan objects on Buren island or BAS Tonal objects on CAT Afghanistan.

A rough list would be:

BAS Tonal (for .bas_i1 missions and the Afghan Green Zone mission)

BOH Buren and Kanon islands (for .buren and .kanon missions)

CAT Afghanistan (for .CAT_intro missions and Daraisolas mission)

AGS Industrial pack v3 (for Rust, Petrol and Bloc)

Chechnya island (for .chechen missions)

NIM dynamic weather (for the falling leaves in Farm.kanon)

Seb ilo objects (for the Afghan Green Zone mission)

I've also included prop templates which you can merge into your own missions.

Edited by *Zeewolf*

Version 1.1 released.

Changes:

Added "Juggernaut" suit and animation set.

Added integration with BAS littlebirds, BAS Tonal and Chechnya island. These addons aren't included or strictly required but are highly recommended for the full MWC experience.

Added new game mode; Battlefield conquest, integrates Battlefield 1985 with MWC. MWC based versions of three classic BF1985 maps included; Bridge over the River Pie, Ford Focus and Strike at Modrava.

Fixed various bugs in template missions.

See previous posts for addon requirements for ready made MWC MP Missions (a selection of non-addon missions are included).

Edited by *Zeewolf*
Wrong link!

Congratulations on new release! :bounce3:

Edit: All download links seem to be broken... :j:

Edited by Icarus

Which would you like to see? If there's a strong consensus then I'll consider making it.

Varant 5 would be interesting. :)

@*Zeewolf*:

I must agree with =Sapper=, if you are not going to host a Dedicated server or have somebody else do that, then having a separate Singleplayer mode would be necessary to experience the gameplay of your mod.

Please bear in mind that OFP/Arma:CWA multiplayer community is quite small nowadays...

Well that is only my opinion :j:

Take care, Icarus

I have to agree with Icarus. The active game servers are now down to a handfull with most of them dedicated to some form of CTI. It's hard to even get a few friends together for a little coop session.

To get enough people interested in playing this would be almost impossible.

Also my opinion would be something playable in single player mode.

Well, we just need to get some people from forums that are willing to play a MP match on this mod and we're ready to go!

Congrats on the release!

But as others - I see a need for some actions that'll help with promoting MWC: a dedicated server, and something for SP guys - Your options 5-7 sounds very interesting!

BTW: are previous content drops included in this release? Oh, and what version of Tonal is MWC compatible with? Because "old" Tonal and Redux are very different in some places (for example: territory west of the southern airstrip).

Sorry for bumping the thread, but it looks like You've accidentally uploaded version 1.0 - I can't see no Juggernaut unit nor the BF1985 missions, even main menu text reads "Version 1.0". The archive is also virtually the same as original release...

BTW: are previous content drops included in this release? Oh, and what version of Tonal is MWC compatible with? Because "old" Tonal and Redux are very different in some places (for example: territory west of the southern airstrip).

Yes they should be, that was the main reason for releasing it actually, Blitzen reported that some links had died. Regarding Tonal, it's the model names of the units that are critical if you are going to use the Tonal extensions (e.g. WW4 cars - UAZ DshK (U) Driver/Gunner). These classes call the models from BAS_OPFOR, it's just an efficient way of calling up models from other addons without distributing or modifying them in any way. The included missions were made on the original BAS Tonal release afaik.

Sorry for bumping the thread, but it looks like You've accidentally uploaded version 1.0 - I can't see no Juggernaut unit nor the BF1985 missions, even main menu text reads "Version 1.0". The archive is also virtually the same as original release...

Sorry, you are right. Links updated (it's on Multiupload now). Juggernaut is in editor as MWC Men - Juggernaut. The BF1985 missions should be: BF Bridge.Noe, BF Ford Focus.Noe and BF Modrava.Noe in MPMissions. Oh and there is a demo Team Juggernaut mission and a 3 Team Juggernaut Capture and Hold MP mission. I never got a completely stable free for all Juggernaut mode working (which used my novel method of switching a player's model out using squad respawning), the game just seems to get out of sync in real world MP games.

I have to agree with Icarus. The active game servers are now down to a handfull with most of them dedicated to some form of CTI. It's hard to even get a few friends together for a little coop session.

To get enough people interested in playing this would be almost impossible.

Also my opinion would be something playable in single player mode.

Well, I'm afraid this mod is really all about pushing the boundaries of what is possible in MP. I am lucky enough to be able to play regular LAN games with this mod against seasoned Flashpoint players, so what does/doesn't get done with this mod by the wider community is quite frankly not a big factor in its development.

On the SP side, the mod does work ok as a Total Conversion (at least my clan mates have played the 1985 campaign using it). One project I may take on is converting all the 1985 campaign missions to use Battletech grass, I suppose I could also take that opportunity to add in some of the new weapons to the mission loadout. But again I'm not sure what exactly people want in terms of single player additions.

Edited by *Zeewolf*

I apologize for "bumping" but  I came across this mod and can't help replying.

I liked the concept, I liked the new features, classes and score points system. Among those countless missions and models and campaign mods this mod of yours literally stands like a solid iceberg and brings a modern fresh breeze to the old game. This mod has a very distinct and rare feature - it has all this stuff from modern multiplayer fps games and doesn't bother player with briefings/backgrounds and stuff. Just go, kill and score. Earn points and achievements. 

But the mod is multiplayer only. Hardly one would bother playing OFP online these days. 

Everyone plays singleplayer secretly, from time to time, that's for sure, but OFP online is dead these days.

I've looked through the thread and you say:

Bringing any kind of AI into the mod opens up a huge can of worms. If they were included would they be "bots" which attempt to mimic humans as closely as possible or would they be better used in a more conventional sense in a single player or coop campaign? Both options have their pros and cons.

Honestly AI is way better than online kids who do crazy things and ruin every match, no matter COD, CS or Battlefield. 

It is possible to implement co-op or single player gameplay into the mod but would require the game modes to be re-written from scratch since they are so heavily optimised for multiplayer they simply don't allow AI to be added in.

This.

So my question is - is it possible to make at least one player vs AI map based on this mod? Can you still ... make it? 

This mod seems like helluva lot of work and yet no singleplay experience. That's strange because again the concept is well reasoned and great.