Sign in to follow this  
Brainbug

[ACR Campaign] Thunderstorm

Just for your info, if you feel like you want to try to save the bird and actually manage to land it undamaged at the airfield again and get out (like I did), the mission will never continue/end. I assume the script waits for the ejecting action, and you can't eject anymore after you got out because it is essentially dead, so you can't close the canopy and thus get no "eject" menu item anymore. And you can't move the repair trucks. Would have been actually a cool ending if you could just walk over to an officer and receive a pat on the back. But no, you are not rewarded for saving the Czech Republic a few hundred million koruna. :(

Did you get the "Destroy Base" objective to complete successfully? It always fails for me, even if I hit it hard. I think it's supposed to fail as your plane gets damaged.

Did you get the "Destroy Base" objective to complete successfully? It always fails for me, even if I hit it hard. I think it's supposed to fail as your plane gets damaged.

I'm 90% sure that it always fails. I would've liked it better if you only had to eject if you took x amount of damage and if you didn't you kept going. I guess though that I'm also kind of glad they did it the way they did since otherwise I may not have been able to experience it. When I did it I was under fire as the Mi-17 came in with the door gunner blazing and the Apache circling the LZ. It was quite an experience.

I went 100 yds from the LZ and lay prone behind a rock, suspecting trouble. I was right. Four insurgents approached, and I nailed them. The LZ was secure when the Mi-17 landed. Never saw the Apache. On a replay, I never saw the insurgents, and just ran for the Mi-17 whose rear door gun was blazing. Got on board and was nicely offered drinks! Good show.

The plane failure is obviously scripted, nothing to do with the second objective. If you get hit by the ZU-23 truck, you will crash and die (mission failed), but if you wipe them out without receiving any scratch, you are not hit by any enemy, you just suffer a scripted engine failure (I think it is supposed to be kind of a flameout, however without recovery, any windmill restart was unsuccessful despite high enough airspeed).

A pity it is scripted such. I blasted the base when I was going down, ejected right over it and had a very intense firefight with footmobiles down there until I managed to capture an earlier abandoned ZSU23 truck, drove it off but they still seemed to respawn near me and the SAR chopper somehow got shot down (though I was pretty far in the middle of the insurgent territory). It seems the last four insurgents are scripted to appear whenever and wherever the SAR approaches, second time I ejected right at the border of the hostile zone but they still came. Still interresting, I would like to try again if I can clear the entire camp when downed over it, and what will happen next