Sign in to follow this  
Sandy106

Where does the editor save/export missions to?

I've spent like 20 minutes looking through both my "My Documents" folder and the Arma 2 folder, and they're in neither folder. The my documents/arma 2/missions/ folder is completely empty, no files in it what so ever and the missions folder in the Arma 2 folder doesnt have them either. I'm on windows 7 using the retail/non steam version :/

If you export, I belive the mission file ends up in your root game directory as a pbo, under missions and mpmissions, respectively. If you just save the mission, it goes into the documents folder.

if you save it for multiplayer , then you find it in mpmissions on your arma install folder,

if you save it as mission , then you ca find it on user documents folder arma (sqm file)

also you can search your pc for *.pbo or *.sqm

I am having the same problem exporting to SP missions. I followed the process by Günter Severloh, and everything works up until the export to sp missions. When I save as user mission, I have the mission file in a folder in my user/docs/arma2/missions folder, but when i bring it up in the SP editor and try to export to sp missions, it doesn't create a pbo in the c/program files/bohemia/arma2/missions dir and the new mission doesn't show up in the sp/scenarios list.

I'm on A2:CO patch 1.62

Users not on admin accounts on Windows 7 and above will have their exported missions stored in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ as Windows UAC doesn't let standard users create files in the program files directory.

In the unlikely case that BI wants to fix A2, OA, or A2F:

wOr6XLS.png

Edited by Pwner
expounding

Win 7 64

Custom missions:

Ducuments/Arma2/Missions

or

Documents/arma2/MPmissions

When you export it using the "pack to sp/mpmissions" then

Steamapps/common/arma2 oA/missions

or