Sign in to follow this  
B1n4ry

Start Arma 2 OA Server with a Batch file

Hello Guys!

Recently, because of some past events, we switched to a Server with a Windows2008R2 OS.

To start the server simply, i made a Batch file, which is starting the arma2oaserver.exe with some parameters.

Actually it was my first time making a batch file, it looks like this:

echo off

start "" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oaserver.exe" Parameter "-config=public.cfg -mod=@expansion/beta;@expansion/beta/expansion;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@Arma2NET -port=2302"

pause

Problem here: Server can not be seen in the Server list. (with the SAME parameters in a shortcut, it works)

But i would also like to have another batch file, which is starting the server.exe with the mod parameter.

The mods should be written in an other txt file, like "ace_server_mods.txt"

The batchfile should read the ace_server_mods.txt and add these mods into a variable, which is written for the -mods= line

Simple example:

Batch file

REM echo off

set str="command to read the ace_server_mods.txt"

start "" "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oaserver.exe" Parameter "-port=2402 -config=ace.cfg -mod=%str%"

pause

ace_server_mods.txt

@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy

There are 2 main reason that i want to do it like that.

1. It makes easy for other people to start the server AND editing the mods line.

2. We are using many mods. And sometimes, not all mods can be written into the target line of the shortcut. (its limited to 255 characters i guess)

It would be nice if someone could help me with that. I'll also give a DL link for that batch files, so everyone can use them. (if someone wants ist)

Edited by B1n4ry