Sign in to follow this  
zamani532

Do people still play public MP?

It seems most of the big servers have been being constantly attacked by script injections in the past week that it really isn't worth playing anymore.. does anybody still play large scale MP?

I really hope so zamani532. I downloaded the Demo today to check this game out. I am definitely buying asap. If you would like to play, I'm down. However, be forewarned I am a ArmA noob so green it's blinding. But I am willing to learn and do listen to orders.

I am relatively new to PC gaming, finally have PC that can handle games with ease. I have played a bit of AA3, however, I grew tired of it quickly. Not the large scale I was looking for. And after 3 hours of ArmA, this game blows AA series out of the water.

Military Tact FPS I have loved over the years, console gaming:

Ghost Recon series (original up to GR2, GRAW ruined the series for me)

Full Spectrum Warrior

MAG (PS3 only)

Apologies if this was long winded.

Onjin (on - gin)

Yeah we've got 80 players each evening on Project Reality mate, its large scale PvP so its enjoyable, we also have other servers (thats RGG) but not as active really.

The reason for the heavy attacks is because everyone is using DayZ and DayZ only supports windows which a lot of server hosts have no idea how to protect, which allows for heavy attacks on the box as its easy to pick up unaltered ports and unchanged passwords or administrator name.

Linux on the other hand cant really be attacked as much because you cant just find a script to attack it with, therefore no ordinary disgruntled person can attack it.

this is not a linux vs windows comment its mostly the fact that theres 101 linux servers out there waiting for the patch who are for the majority focused on public gameplay which isnt just DayZ.

But anyway im going to get back to my lag free gameplay :D

How do you get on to this server? I never see any server above 10 ppl recently.

How do you get on to this server? I never see any server above 10 ppl recently.

If you are talking about the RGG PR server, u need to install PR:A2 0.15 and update the Praa.exe (to be compatible with OA 1.62);

http://www.realitymod.com/downloads#arma2

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f440-pr-arma2-general-discussion/112544-bis-patch-1-62-released-updated-praa-exe.html

Check from gametracker (or my sig) when there are 50+ players in the server:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/5.9.60.49:2302/

technically they do, but all you'll find is domination/insurgency on takistan. if you want to play actual missions you'll probably have to find a dedicated community, like shacktactical or unitedoperations.

Public MP is alive and well. The "Sciddies" are ruining DayZ server instead.

Every midday and evening there is a domination server with ACE mod running around 30 - 40 people. Filter on "flanks" and you will find the server. :)

I haven't noticed any decrease in numbers, if anything, more are playing. The noob irritation factor is slightly higher as people don't know how to play and break the rules. Sometimes 1 or 2 hackers but the number is decreasing as more and more are banned (lol @ the ones who impersonate moderators here). Only noticed 2 this weekend - some server admins really need to do their homework on allowing addons. Unfortunately most of the more experienced players only play on locked servers so noobs can't learn how good Arma2 can be.

Public MP is alive and well. The "Sciddies" are ruining DayZ server instead.

Not really, there are plenty of them on the domi server too. Depending on the server, a new hacker pops in every 30 minutes or so. The '24Platoon' (I think it was called) server I was on today had one hacker after the other blowing up the bases and killing everyone constantly.

Not really, there are plenty of them on the domi server too. Depending on the server, a new hacker pops in every 30 minutes or so. The '24Platoon' (I think it was called) server I was on today had one hacker after the other blowing up the bases and killing everyone constantly.

Make use of the new beta's features to block commands being executed on the client.

Funniest thing about the whole hacker thing.

It wasn't an issue until DayZ came around.

Honestly, I've seen only ONE Hacker my entire ARMA life before DayZ. Now I see several a day.

Kinda disappointing.

Its alright though, the actual community of ARMA is professional and mature enough not to hack, so it shouldn't be a problem in A3

im playing warfare only lately. This is most dynamic, huge and interresting missions as for me, in arma 2!

Yesterday I was playing on a public ACE domi server called 100mbit something. A hacker came along and teleported everyone into the sky with parachutes and music. I've also seen teamkillers shooting everyone as they spawn at base. Seems to me even the public ACE servers are now fubared now because of Dayz.

Make use of the new beta's features to block commands being executed on the client.

Ahh ok will give that a try (if I can make it work with Steam). I guess I have to add it as a mod in the startup-line.. I never used the beta's because of Steam.

I will search for the 'howto' :)

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Yeah and those hackers (I should say, kids that downloaded hacks) are calling everyone noobs! I mean seriously, who is the noob if you have to use hacks to play a game.

Yeah I was playing on a ACE server today.. hacker came along spawned everyone ontop of a F35B, least to say our game was ruined and we all hit the ground and died.

Do people still play public MP?

Vanilla? Not tactically.

ACE & ACRE? Yes. Nearly every day.

The only way to get a good public server experience is with ACE & ACRE. Simple.

Vanilla? Not tactically.

ACE & ACRE? Yes. Nearly every day.

The only way to get a good public server experience is with ACE & ACRE. Simple.

That isn't true.. alot of the good ACE servers get hacked daily.

Honestly, I've seen only ONE Hacker my entire ARMA life before DayZ. Now I see several a day.

Kinda disappointing.

Its alright though, the actual community of ARMA is professional and mature enough not to hack, so it shouldn't be a problem in A3

Haha, you can't have been playing for long. After every release there's a wave of "hackers" messing up the public servers which drives the players into private servers or away from the game. When the public servers are empty, there's no fun for the "hackers" anymore.

All the ACE Servers I join seem normal, all the new players go for the Vanilla servers (mostly Domi, Warfare, DayZ) the gamemodes that are most known around the community. If you join a community they are full almost every game, try to hang out with a group of players and your gaming experience will be unique.

Yeah and the problems seem to get worse. Me and my buddies have started to organize planned games on locked servers, so we don't have to worry about hackers and teamkiller. If you enjoy good coop teamplay feel free to join. http://www.facebook.com/groups/310058212425212/

Edited by Fast_Edd1e