Sign in to follow this  

I'm so lost... MULTIPLAYER PROBLEM.

Hey guys, i have a huge problem here.. I just installed Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA and all the patches from the Arma2 Website. So, i started game, went to multiplayer and tried to join a normal game without success. It said '' You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz.code, dayz_weapon, dayz_equip and dayz_vehicles ''

So my question is, what's the problem here? I have installed everything and i get the same message all the time when i try to join another game. Do i need to buy a new version of ARMA or do i need to download something that's not on the website?`Please help me guys, i'm desperate to play multiplayer...

/ Montax

You are trying to join a server running the DayZ mod and you do not have the mod installed. You will get this message when you try and join a server that is running Arma 2 mods that you do not have.

Do yourself a favour and download Six Updater - this will help you manage mods and join servers with the mods you do have. Life will be a whole lot easier!

So you mean that Six Updater will download those patches and mods i dont have?

It will not but it can.

Mods/addons are usermade content and different server may have different sets of mods/addons which you will require to play on them. In your case, you will have to download the DayZ mod. Six updater can do it for you but you have to tell it what you want it to do. ;) Get the point? :D

It's amusing that the OP says he's lost in MP Arma2, and someone suggests six updater.

SU is good at what it does, but it's fiercely complex to use for the uninitiated. I remain to be convinced that it's a good idea to ask a confused user to install more software that he'll likely find just as hard to use.

My advice to him, as he probably wants to do nothing but play DayZ, would be to install the dayz directory in the root game folder and load it via the expansions menu.

It's amusing that the OP says he's lost in MP Arma2, and someone suggests six updater.

Six Updater is anything but complex - it can be complex, yes, but it's pretty easy to use for the basics. Anyway, it now comes with it's little brother 'Six Launcher' and for DayZ and a few other specific mods (I44, Project Reality, ACE2, CWR2) it will install/update the correct mods at the touch of a button.

Six Updater is anything but complex - it can be complex, yes, but it's pretty easy to use for the basics. Anyway, it now comes with it's little brother 'Six Launcher' and for DayZ and a few other specific mods (I44, Project Reality, ACE2, CWR2) it will install/update the correct mods at the touch of a button.

I think complex might be the wrong word here but Six Updater is extremely unintiuative to use. I haven't checked out Six Launcher but sounds like that might be much better.

Yep. Much, much simpler. I can't get my head around Six Updater but Launcher couldn't be easier. Make sure to turn off the automatic beta update in options mind (unless you want them of course).