Sign in to follow this  
suma

Linux 1.62.95577 alpha

Next, I think we would all appreciate it if BIS staff and mainly Maruk discussed and made a defined decision on either going all in on the Linux support or canceling it.

I would love to know this as well. I'd also like to know if the Linux DS for ArmA 3 will be considered stable (as in the branch name) and developed alongside the client (that is, Windows beta is released with Linux DS).

Actually, to be fair, I've found some of the previous Linux DS releases to be basically perfect and not really worthy of the beta tag. I have not yet tried this version, however.

They say you can't beat a dead horse, but apparently some people expect that you can.

Suma apologised for the issue that arose with the changes resulting in an unexpected issue with the Linux server, an alpha version was released, you were told this would be improved into a more stable release as soon as possible, you were then informed that the person who does that is on vacation for a week, as much as you may feel that Linux is all powerful it cannot fold time and space into a point where the guy's back at his desk finishing and releasing a stable version.

As you cannot it seems accept an apology and explanation without constantly trying to abuse the messengers either directly or via passive aggression I see no other option than to close this thread, when there is news to post about a new Linux server release it will be posted.