Sign in to follow this  
Taylor422

Bitter chill - request assistance

If you haven't completed the campaign up to Bitter Chill, you'd best skip over this - plot spoilers abound.

Hello everyone! I've done a little searching, but I can't seem to find anyone who's had my specific issue. Earlier in the campaign, I chose not to report the NAPA weapons cache, so I have their assistance. Their car drops me off outside Novy Sobor. After a scan in NVGs using the binoculars, I quickly ascertain that we're being surrounded. I order the squad to do several things. Copy my stance, hold fire, scan horizon, and formation column compact. I figure if we hurry and don't attract attention we can sneak through.

Now, here's the kicker: the squad won't respond to my orders until the scripted sequence is over, the one where they're discussing if we should get assistance with NAPA or with the CDF. They will stand up and walk slowly behind me, but they won't form up or go in to danger mode, even if I order them to do so via 7 - 2. By the time the squad will actually follow me at any reasonable pace, we've been surrounded by an army too big to fight through. My questions are as follows:

1. Am I attempting to do this mission the wrong way?

2. Is this normal AI behavior?

3. Did my save glitch, thus requiring a restart of the mission?

I'm running Combined Operations Steam version 1.62.95248 with no modifications or addons whatsoever.

I hope I didn't break any forum rules. I did search first, I promise.

Thanks in advance,

Taylor422.

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

I have resolved the issue. I was in game, and noticed that when you order for scan horizon they all stop moving. I issued a stop command and then a regroup command and got everyone moving again.

I was able to complete the mission, too. And all I had to do was run three klicks trying to avoid a Hind, enemy patrols, and heavy armor support. Whee!

Good that you solved it. From the place where NAPA driver leaves you it is best to make a big anticlockwise circle all they way up to highest ground between Novy Sobor and Stary Sobor. Lie down in bushes if you hear a helicopter and order hold fire. If enemy APC comes from Stary Sobor area, do the same. When you approach Novy-Stary road turn back east and approach town from west-southwest direction and meet 3 NAPA people.

BTW. In this subforum only spoiler tags are not needed.