Sign in to follow this  
sw1

Installing ACR to F drive

I have Arma 2 OA (EDIT: Combined Operations) installed on my F drive (a SSD) rather than my main drive. I have downloaded ACR's setup but it keeps telling me that Arma 2 is not installed.

I have tried running the setup from the F drive but still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks.

Edited by SW1

And where is your Arma 2 installed?

You wrote that you have Arma 2: OA installed, but ACR needs also Arma 2.

Sorry I didn't make that clear: I have Combined Operations installed (with all DLCs), so the whole Arma 2 directory is in the F drive.

Edited by SW1

Can you describe in more detail, which product(s) you have (are they from steam? bistore/sprocket? or boxed DVD?), and how did you install everything?

Did you install OA into same directory as Arma 2, or a different one?

Did you move the Arma2/OA installation directory to F after you installed it, or did you installed the game right into the current directory on the F drive?

Also, what exactly is the error message you see when you try to run the ACR setup? Does it really says that you have no Arma2, or that its version is incorrect?

Arma2.exe must be v1.11, and Arma2oa.exe v1.62 - check the file properties to see the versions.

If you have installed A2 at F:\ then the DLC should read the path from the registry. I have mine at E:\ (also SSD) and the setup automatically suggested that drive for installation.

But anyway, just enter the drive manually during setup and it should install OK. Eventually you then have to add "ACR" to the Mod line in your shortcuts.

Arma2.exe must be v1.11, and Arma2oa.exe v1.62 - check the file properties to see the versions.

Thank you mate- the answer is that both Arma 2 and OA need patching.

The exact error message was 'this product requires Arma 2 Version 1.11 to be installed first…'

Not realizing that Arma 2 and OA (can) have different versions even when merged, I loaded Combined Operations and saw that it was version '1.59', so I presumed the error message must mean that ACR's installer couldn't find Arma 2 at all.

Confusion sorted, thanks again.

Eventually you then have to add "ACR" to the Mod line in your shortcuts.

Will do, thanks.

... But anyway, just enter the drive manually during setup and it should install OK. ...

I am afraid it wont be so simple.

First, ACR setup checks the registry for a cd key (now i cant remember if it looks for Arma2 or OA key) - if its not there, it presumes the game is not installed and should exit with error message.

If the cd key check is passed, it looks up the installation paths for arma2.exe and arma2oa.exe in registry, and makes sure they meet the version requirements - if not, the setup will exit with appropriate error message.

No matter on which of these conditions the setup fails, i am 90% sure it will never get to the point where he can choose the destination directory.

Btw. there seems to be a bug in the setup, that when any of the two EXE files are completely missing, the file version check is silently ignored - it could be interesting to try to exploit this, or at least see what happens if he renames those EXE files before running ACR setup.

I should be okay mate, I used regedit to change every registry destination relating to Arma from the C drive to the F drive when I first moved Arma onto the F drive. Thanks again.