Sign in to follow this  
purpheart23

!!MISSING STRING ERROR? ACR Install error

Does anybody have a fix for the Missing string install error. I've tried everything I can think of to get the content installed to include turning off virus protection and firewalls. Then download works and the unzipping works but the install stops immediately with the !!MISSING STRINGS error. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Can a Moderator please move this to the troubleshooting forum with my apologies.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

First off apologies for answering my own thread but here's what worked for me in case anybody else has this issue. Go to http://www.battleye.com/download.html and download the client and server 32 bit .dll files. Go to your Arma 2 root folder and find your BattlEye folder and replace the two .dll's in that folder with the downloaded files. Viola, install successful.

I am encountering the same issue as purpheart but sadly the fix does not work for me.

I have an oddly configured A2 so bare with me.

Arma 2 - Regular Version

Arma 2:OA - Steam Version

BAF/PMC - Steam Version

so every time i try to run the installer i get the missing string error. Do i need to wait for the Patch to be implemented with Steam or is there a quicker solution to this?

Okay it have seemed to work and im not sure if this works for anyone else - i had steam launched and added arma 2 as non-steam title and the updater worked after i did so.

Edited by fluttershy

Same error, non of those solutions works for me :(

I Have Arma2 non steam and ArmaOA steam version, also PMC, BAF

Windows 7 32bits

Any help for this error please?

By the way, Im trying to install the ACR LITE A2:CO compatibility MP patch

thnx bis for the support someone post this in the wrong forum so that a moderator reads it.

thnx bis for the support someone post this in the wrong forum so that a moderator reads it.

Eh?

this patch has really screwed up alot of peoples game. a few people i know had to reinstall the game repeatedly. i wonder why they rushed a dlc nobody wanted that causes such problems. can we get a damned response from bis that they even notice we are having problems?

This thread is about ACR, what patch are you talking about? If you're having problems you should open your own thread or open a support ticket not hikack someone else's thread.

im highjacking the thread? im having the same problem. same exact error and tried the same things. im saying this patch is causing alot of trouble and if a customer complains you should listen not get on the offensive but thats how you guys are so... buy our stuff and shut up.

Edited by coma73

ACR is not a patch - if you have problems with the latest patch, use other more appropriate thread.

Anyway, on topic:

I encountered this "Missing string" error once, and in my case i solved it by uninstalling Arma 2 and Arma 2:OA, and removing all registry entries related to Arma 2/OA.

Then installing Arma 2 and Arma 2:OA, patching Arma 2 to 1.11, patching Arma 2:OA to 1.62, and after that the ACR installer worked.

im highjacking the thread? im having the same problem. same exact error and tried the same things. im saying this patch is causing alot of trouble and if a customer complains you should listen not get on the offensive but thats how you guys are so... buy our stuff and shut up.

As 5133p39 said, ACR is not a patch, if you mean ACR then please stop calling it a patch as you're confusing the issue, if you do mean an actual patch then please post in one of the patch threads.

Did you open a support ticket?