Sign in to follow this  
tromac

ACR for dedicated servers

I've been searching the forums and most likely have missed this somewhere, so please forgive me if I did. How do we get the ACR content running on our dedicated servers?

I've been searching the forums and most likely have missed this somewhere, so please forgive me if I did. How do we get the ACR content running on our dedicated servers?

1.62 contains the ACR lite stuff afaik. You Linux, you wait. You Windows, just update it as per normal.

1.62 contains the ACR lite stuff afaik. You Linux, you wait. You Windows, just update it as per normal.

AFAIK not a confirmation :p Anyone able to confirm this? Hmmmm let's check the files on the servers and see if I can confirm.

Well allegedly the 1.61RC had ACR lite in it, but maybe that might have been removed for 1.62 for later release.

You need to wait for the ACR lite release. It will be a separate download.

No official announcement at all? Hmmm

"It's Doneâ„¢, let's just slip this one under the radar eh?"

Greetings,

Does this imply that it is unnecessary to install ACR on the dedicated server?

I guess I should also ask... was it necesary for me to install BAF and PMC on my dedicated server or are there "lite" assets already included in ARMA/OA/CO?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

All is in game already as a Lite version (due to the patches which include the Lite versions), so there is no need to install BAF, PMC and/or ACR on a dedicated at all.

All is in game already as a Lite version (due to the patches which include the Lite versions), so there is no need to install BAF, PMC and/or ACR on a dedicated at all.

I think you are wrong about ACR. BAF lite and PMC lite are part of the patches but ACR lite is a separate download.

That's probably because ACR requires both A2 and A2OA assets to function and why it couldn't be included on a A2OA patch.

As of 1.62 patch there is still no ACR lite assets in game.

Uhm yes, but thats why they released the MP compatibility patch linked above.

So, on a server you install that patch (and all other patches needed of course) and you have ACR Lite, no need to install the full version on a server.

Unless of course I completely have the meaning of this patch wrong:

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=805%3Aa2co-compatibility-mp-patch--acr-lite-〈=en

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you meant you don't even need to install ACR lite for servers, as being it part of the 1.62 patch, while as you correctly stated is an extra download.

Terminology of the various versions of DLCs has become a little complicated when speaking about them. :)

@lawndartleo

With the latest patched version of ArmA2OA you get BAF lite and PMC lite, which is all you need for your server.

If you want to enable ACR content too, you will have to install the ACR lite patch that Foxhound linked.

You don't need to install the complete versions of DLCs on your server.

I suggest removing BAF and PMC. When I installed the DLC to my server it started creating some issues on launch after a little while.