Sign in to follow this  
bullet purveyor

Why the lack of publicity around recent patches and the ACR release?

No word of a release date.

No twitter updates.

No news on the facebook page.

No word in any game media of the release.

No email from Sprocket that my pre-purchase was available for download.

Is it supposed to be a top secret DLC that only those who read the forum should now about? :confused:

1. Lite/Steam aren't out yet, so no need. :)

2. Twits?

3. Facebook was a fad.

4. Wait for GamesCon

5. Some people got them I heard, I didn't though.

This was hopefully just a community beta to find bugs. :)

I assume it's because most resources are going into Arma3.

You're not missing much yet, some new weapons and some not-even-properly-rehashed maps (someone couldn't even be bothered putting the town names etc back in).

Just on that one, I received an email saying it was ready.

I totally agree with you. I found the lack of publicity dissapointing, I don't even think they put anything in the news on these fourms. I only just realised it was out about an hour ago...

I agree.

I have been waiting for this DLC to be released for some time. No release date or anything. Today I was just randomly reading the ACR thread and was thinking "what the hell, people are talking like the game is released". Then I tried to Google it. Nope, no news at all. Then I checked their homepage, Facebook, Twitter. NOTHING.

Even if they work hard on ArmA 3 it would take them a few seconds to announce it on Facebook atleast.

Edited by ^Th0mas^

I assume it's because most resources are going into Arma3.

You're not missing much yet, some new weapons and some not-even-properly-rehashed maps (someone couldn't even be bothered putting the town names etc back in).

I think they have a separate team who did ACR and now all the beta patches that isn't associated with the ArmA 3 development group, i.e a dedicated ArmA 2 team. (Not 100% sure, but that's what I've heard).

But I agree with you, this DLC was not overly impressive. The campaign is fairly bland, maps in editor don't have any names and are just Chernarus in the summer. It's some nice new content (weapons, vehicles, units), but it's nothing note worthy. BAF was by far the best DLC. Quality campaign and quality units.

I believe they'll announce it when 1.63 is done with ACR lite etc, or I would assume so. Still very strange that actually haven't posted anything in regards to it going live.

Oh, and as Sabre said, I also got the email from Sprocket.

...this DLC was not overly impressive. The campaign is fairly bland, maps in editor don't have any names and are just Chernarus in the summer. It's some nice new content (weapons, vehicles, units), ...

Have to agree on that, disappointed, BIS should have released Chernarus Summer, the full map, instead of leading us to believe we were getting 2 new maps!

I find the summer textures ugly, too bright at close range and too dark at long range, kind of a miss match between the near and far terrain, is it just me? :(

Some nice new vehicles on the plus side, but overall very disapointing

1. Lite/Steam aren't out yet, so no need. :)

2. Twits?

3. Facebook was a fad.

4. Wait for GamesCon

5. Some people got them I heard, I didn't though.

This was hopefully just a community beta to find bugs. :)

guys lite version is already out but you need to go to arma 2 website under updates to find it, they never posted any news of it though.

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

https://store.bistudio.com/?option=com_content&view=article&id=88

but unfortunately it hasn't appeared in steam yet.

What's ACR?

I'm not being funny, I really have never heard of it until this thread.

No word of a release date.

No twitter updates.

No news on the facebook page.

No word in any game media of the release.

Is it supposed to be a top secret DLC that only those who read the forum should now about? :confused:

Because the quality of the patch and the DLC is by far lower than 1.60's one !

QUESTIONS ANSWERED :D

Here's what I did:

I pre-ordered (and paid) the DLC when announced.

Waited for e-mail with DL link and key.

Downloaded the DLC.

Gonna patch game before installing it.

I feel no need for massive publicity when I got personal e-mail when it's ready.

Again, thanks BIS.

Nice qoute from coverage:

If you’re wondering why that particular nation was singled out, we’re sure it has absolutely nothing to do with that fact that that’s where developers Bohemia Interactive are based.

But why not, it might be the army where devs has most intimate knowledge of :)

I found out when my friend texted me at 8:30am telling me to download it, now. My alarm hadn't even gone off yet!