Sign in to follow this  
zolop0

CZech Army DLC isntalled. Lanuch AO/A2:CO CTD

CZech Army DLC installed. Launching AO/A2:CO Crash To Desktop.

I change to US(IL) FTP server during the first download from Sprocket, at the start of it. I just installed the CZech Army DLC. I noticed that my ELUA was in Czech at the last second after I clicked on "Agree" during the installation... As I started downloading the setup file from sprocket FTP I changed to the US (Illinois) FTP in the sprocket window on the second download. During the second reisntall the same Czech ELUA appeared. It did not ask me when I launched sprocket what server I want to download the setup file from. I have a feeling its related to the DLC using the Czech langauge install files, as I've seen CTDs from Sword of the Stars 2 CTD at launch related to the language settings, when I was on their forums Tech Support area. I noticed everything else was in english during my first and second installations of the Czech Army DLC, with the ELUA being only in Czech.

Edited by zolop0

So the problem here is that you don't have the English EULA, but the Czech one instead, am I right?

Possibly, until I can get confirmation that the A2_ACR_Setup_FULL will contain the English EULA on sprocket from the US (IL) FTP server. IT might not be the EULA, but I can try to rule out that problem try reinstalling with the englsih EULA. I cannot remember if I put in the CD Key first before I agree to the EULA or its after. If I put in my CD Key a few more times during new installations of the Czech DLC, prior to agreeing to EULA then Sprocket/IDEA Games/BI could deny my next activations? I know Adobe (I have CS3 registered key/installation under my real name and details) Product Keys have a set limit of key activations, not sure if sprocket works the same way.

Edited by zolop0

I believe the packages are the same, no matter on what server. I downloaded from the UK server and had the EULA in English, no problems at all here with the DLC.

Do you have an Nvidia card? There are some problems reported by some Nvidia users here. Maybe that's causing the crash?

I reinstalled my Sprocket CO and DLC a lot of times now and had no problems with activating them each time.

I also had a CZ EULA while the setup was in German.

Make sure you move 3rd party dsound.dll from root folder somewhere else or make backup & delete it. It will work after that. Also delete -mod line if ACR icon doesn't appear in the main folder.

I had a similar issue yesterday with this. Are you running windows 7 and have a copy of visual studio? If so you might get the option to debug why its CTD as the game launches. When I did this yesterday I found out the arma2OA.exe was corrupted and I was able to fix the issue by reinstalling the 1.62 patch, ACR dlc which overwrote the .exe.

I had it crash too, it would start but any other options it would crash, so i used the 95417 Beta and all is good. Guess for me i need the latest .exe.

I believe the packages are the same, no matter on what server. I downloaded from the UK server and had the EULA in English, no problems at all here with the DLC.

Do you have an Nvidia card? There are some problems reported by some Nvidia users here. Maybe that's causing the crash?

I reinstalled my Sprocket CO and DLC a lot of times now and had no problems with activating them each time.

That is good sprocket lets us install many times for when one of its users encounters a technical error. Never did have a technical problem when I bought PMC from IDEA/BI/Sprocket, so this is the first time I've had a problem, to DLC.

System information is as follows

Win 7 64

AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core

ATI Radeon HD 6970s in Crossfire (2 6970s)

16gb System RAM

I Would attach my DxDiag.txt but cannot find the option in this reply UI.

I'll try re-downloading the file again from sprocket and see if the EULA is correct and install then launch the game again to confirm today.

Make sure you move 3rd party dsound.dll from root folder somewhere else or make backup & delete it. It will work after that. Also delete -mod line if ACR icon doesn't appear in the main folder.
I had a similar issue yesterday with this. Are you running windows 7 and have a copy of visual studio? If so you might get the option to debug why its CTD as the game launches. When I did this yesterday I found out the arma2OA.exe was corrupted and I was able to fix the issue by reinstalling the 1.62 patch, ACR dlc which overwrote the .exe.

I'll try reinstalling the 1.62 after I install the Czech DLC. I'll also try taking out that DLL if none of the other suggestions work. Does Arma 2 CO Have a log for CTD events that I upload/attach to this reply? I'll try to user windows event view and see if i can upload that if that possible during the application crash.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Found the EVent log for crash from yesterday night

Tried running the game 3 times, with different launch options (A2:CO, OA, A2). I Apologize as I don't know which event is for each different launch parameters!

Faulting application name: arma2oa.exe, version: 1.62.95.248, time stamp: 0x500d59cb

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3

Faulting process id: 0x1890

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd6eb7a1310191

Faulting application path: E:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: df95cb3c-daaa-11e1-bbfb-b944a088a733

Faulting application name: arma2oa.exe, version: 1.62.95.248, time stamp: 0x500d59cb

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f

Faulting process id: 0x1a50

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd6eb750b84f5c

Report Id: 8f104798-daaa-11e1-bbfb-b944a088a733

Faulting process id: 0x1b5c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd6eb71fc2f077

Report Id: 5f55420d-daaa-11e1-bbfb-b944a088a733

Note Link is from Wiki, it is not entirely trustworthy in terms of information (anyone can edit a wiki)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Windows_library_files for ntdll.dll file

Edited by zolop0

Please note that the program causing the problem is arma2oa.exe and not ntdll.dll ... just in case you are considering to replace that with a .dll from the internet. :P

Please note that the program causing the problem is arma2oa.exe and not ntdll.dll ... just in case you are considering to replace that with a .dll from the internet. :P

ah thanks.

Solution... (Problem fixed)

Update.

After uninstalling Czech army DLC (OA/CO version 1.62) last night from windows control panel and reinstalling the DLC today on patched 1.62 it did work. IF anyone asked me how it got fixed technically in detail, I have absolutely no clue besides reinstalling DLC. Applications such as Arma 2 Series are incredibly complex and even games that are not simulations (Sword of the Stars 2, my current 2nd favorite besides Arma series). Also I cannot remember what language the EULA was because I wasn't paying attention.

Edited by zolop0