Sign in to follow this  
alan123

Game Fog Problem

Hello,

For the last couple of days on every map I play at home they have more fog on them as usual, even when set to nil, and 10 mins into the any game the fog is even denser and you can see objects in the distance being deleted as the fog advances.

How can I turn this off?

How did it start in the first place as I did not change anything that I know of.

Hope you can help, perhaps it has something to do with the new patch, sure is frustrating.

Regards

Alan

Hmm, don't know what might be going on, but try placing "1 setFog 0" in your initialization field. See if that changes it.

Hello,

Thanks for your help, I gave it ago however it did not change, I also tried a game logic command on the same type on the map itself and that did not work either.

On the positive side tho I have a map where it does not happen.

Recently I have been learning and making maps with the DAC module. Since then it seems that any map I make or save has this unwanted fog feature in it, even if DAC is not present. I removed DAC from my ARMA folder and removed the tick in the launcher commands, amazingly I can still open DAC maps even tho the pbos are no longer present.

Could it be that DAC is somehow persisting in my install?

Hope you can help.

Regards

Alan

What happens when you start ArmA with no addons at all, vanilla? Open editor & place a unit & see?

Hello,

Same thing, I just made a completely new mission and despite unlimited view distance settings the max view distance was about 1500m and then I went off and had some lunch and left it running, came back and it has completely misted over to a view distance of about 200m.

This happens with ace, vanilla, everything.

As a test I just played the vanilla steelpanther scenario and it happened there too. No mods no extras nothing.

I play mostly vehicles and aircraft so this problem is really killing the fun.

Never known anything like it before.

I am guessing it is the DAC module, it has permanently changed some system setting or other.

Think I will delete my install and reinstall and see how it goes.

Regards

Alan

I cannot see how a deleted addon can cause permanent changes. When you open your editor, and view the weather sliders, what are the states of the two fog sliders?

Hello,

Did a complete reinstall via steam.

Rebuilt todays mission in PVPmissionwizard, started it with 10000m visibility and it worked, then the fog came again.

The fog bar is set to nothing ie to the left and the forecast fog bar is all the way to the right so that it does not change. But something is overriding this feature plus the settings I hard coded into the mission files.

Maybe I need to reinstall ARMA2 and not just OA to shake this problem out.

I have looked at the configs in User configs and could find nothing there of help either or that could be causing the problem.

It has really got me foxed.

Cheers

Alan

The fog bar is set to nothing ie to the left and the forecast fog bar is all the way to the right so that it does not change.

There you go, problem is apparent :) have BOTH sliders to the left.

As you have it now, you get no fog at the beginning of the mission, and over half an hour you get full fog.

Hello,

Thanks that seems to have fixed it, fancy making a silly mistake like that after all these years, just because I made a dumb mistake does not mean I am dumb, or.............lol.

à also went into th DAC config text and turned off the dynamic weather too, just to be sure, found out that one from another thread. Nothing but sunny happy long distance maps for me.

Thanks

Alan