Sign in to follow this  
Nails077

Gun fires on its own. AI seems confused if it is in control or if the player is.

Just ran into a bug that seems highly uncommon, but might be tied into why AI controlled units sometimes do not fire when they should.

It was during a battle with the enemy carrier and I had already destroyed all its mantas, walruses, and most of its defensive guns. I sent in all my own units to attack it at once, including the carrier. The carrier however never fired its weapons even though it was well in range. I took direct control of the carrier weapons and switched to a defensive gun facing in the direction of the enemy carrier. I noticed that sometimes the gun would fire on its own without me pulling the trigger. It always happened when I was aiming for a certain point, where the AI would normally fire on it.

So the AI was firing the gun when I was manually aiming for the point it wanted to fire on, but it was not automatically aiming or firing when I switched to control of a different unit.

It seems as if some AI components do not toggle state properly between AI and player control.

My impression was in engagement with the enemy carrier, that, if the enemy was able to destroy my offensive center earlier than I could destroy his, all guns first were available only manually and when the carrier kept going on to target my guns, they gone offline. I never saw that when I was in control, my gun would fire from alone without me doing the triggering....

Edited by Antares
sintax