Sign in to follow this  
Lexen

Co-Op Missions not being displayed in multiplayer

Was asked to post this in here. I recently got a little time to play the game and decided to test a mission i'd started to build on a co-op server.

When I loaded into multi-player and started a new server, I picked Chenarus only to find that none of my missions were there. The only missions listed were the stock missions. It's the same for every map as well. I've done dozens upon dozens of missions for each one and they aren't being listed.

The missions do exist, though. I can preview and play them in the editor.

It has been a long time since I played but I am using the same profile and I am updated to 1.62. I restarted, saved missions in every folder that made sense, asked here, and i'm still stumped.

Nothing i've done has made my missions show up in the dialogue to create a co-op server.

Any ideas?

In the editor, you have to save and export to multiplayer. This packs a mission into a .pbo file and sends it to Arma 2\MPMissions.

Yeah, i'm pretty knowledgable of the process.

Not sure why the 50 or so missions i've built aren't showing up at all now, but i'm sure it's something easy.

Just looking for a few ideas on what I could check. Did I click the "don't show your own missions in multiplayer" button in options or something?

Edited by Lexen

I think the mission that you see in the editor is located in a different folder, usually mydocument. To play it in multiplayer you have to pbo it and move it manually to the arma2/multiplayer folder. Then it will appear in the list.

Not necessarily solved, but I now know what is going on.

When I export to multiplayer, it exports the mission to the profile of that player (ArmAII Other Profiles in my documents), like it's supposed to do (or how it's worked every other time in the past). When I go into multiplayer, it is looking at missions in the ArmA II Mission folder in the game folder, not in the profile folder (like it used to do).

What I did was copy the mission from my "other profiles" folder to the bohemia interactive>ArmAII> MPMissions folder and it works fine.

So it's no longer looking at my profile folder for some reason even though the character is being represented in game by the parameters I have in that "other profiles" folder. (I have the balaclava on and it shows up in game...)

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I think the mission that you see in the editor is located in a different folder, usually mydocument. To play it in multiplayer you have to pbo it and move it manually to the arma2/multiplayer folder. Then it will appear in the list.

I was typing my response as you posted. lol

I got it working based on that. What I don't get is that I never had to do that in the past. I made a mission, exported it to MP missions and that was that.

Not necessarily solved, but I now know what is going on.

What I did was copy the mission from my "other profiles" folder to the bohemia interactive>ArmAII> MPMissions folder and it works fine.

So it's no longer looking at my profile folder for some reason even though the character is being represented in game by the parameters I have in that "other profiles" folder. (I have the balaclava on and it shows up in game...)

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I was typing my response as you posted. lol

I got it working based on that. What I don't get is that I never had to do that in the past. I made a mission, exported it to MP missions and that was that.

hmmm that's a nice idea, maybe i can linked both folder so it will have similar content, saves the time to move the files around.