Sign in to follow this  
ChickenHawk

Some guy in the allied assault forums dusntlikeofp

http://www.alliedassault.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=139488

wow. what a shitty game. the movement is choppy, the controls are confusing and have so many useless buttons, the graphics just plain suck, there is a friggin big ass arm that is blocky and ugly that gets in my way everytime i strafe and aim the other direction, and i can barely see anything or move anywhere, and lack of HUD really tops it all off. Now, if i hadnt spent 40 dollars on this piece of shit i wouldnt be so upset, but since i have its really pissing me off, terribly. does anyone know if best buy would let me return software if i gave a valid excuse. not exchanging titles but giving me store credit at least? this game is so fucking bad i refuse to have it on my 6gb harddrive of my old computer that has 32mb ram, it doesnt deserve to be there. hell, i cant see why so many people like the damned game

well.........there you have it. Someone who doesnt apreciate realism. This is what happens when we raise a generation of gamers on things like quake and unreal. They get to be gods in these games with their health meters that let them take clip after clip of ammo and maybe a few rockets before they die, and their Heads-Up-Display that practically tells them where every enemy is, not to mention every single damn detail about the situation they're in.

I'll admit, i used to love those kind of shooters, but i have been forever changed by DF Land Warrior. Getting killed time after time by anti-tank weapons that shouldnt even be in the game (no tanks), and arent even realistically portrayed (they shouldnt have a range of over 500 meters, yet i was killed with them at up to a kilometer). Tom Clancys R6 Rogue Spear sealed my fate pretty much - After playing that, theres no way in hell i'll go back to quake. And OFP took the fun factor 3 notches higher.

MOHAA is a pretty good game, I persoanly like it better than OFP, but still OFP is a great game.

About the only thing OFP and MoH:AA have in common is a first person persepctive.

I liked MoH:AA for the week it took me to get through it and see everything. Then I stopped playing it and havent touched my CD's since. I almost feel cheated, because it really didnt have staying power. But then I feel the same way about Jedi Outcast, and I positively love that game. Havent played it since I finshed it though. Tried Multiplayer and it just wasnt my cup of tea.

OFP is still on my hard drive, and will likely stay there for the imaginable future. I can hop on and totally enjoy replaying a mission that I have doen a dozen times... because they generally never play through the same way.

Then again, I also enjoy CS once in awhile.

In the end it comes down to not being a zealot for a particular style of play. Sometimes run and gun adrenaline is exactly what I want. Other times I want the slow and steady pace of OFP. Some people cant do that.

Just call me Warin the Game Whore.

The guys an ass full stop,he probably thought JK2 had state of the art gameplay hehehhehee ::P

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin the game whore @ June 23 2002,19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About the only thing OFP and MoH:AA have in common is a first person persepctive.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!! Its so true biggrin.gif

It's forums like the AA.com board that makes me appreciate the Flashpoint1985 forums so much more.

And did you know: It's "Fora" not "Forums"?

But "Fora" sounds way too... Queer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 25 2002,00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">idiots are born every minute. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I was one that was born right at the peak of midnight; 12 am.

is medal of honor: allied assault for pc the same as medal of honor: frontline for ps2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is medal of honor: allied assault for pc the same as medal of honor: frontline for ps2<span id='postcolor'>

Not really, the only thing that the two games have in common is Omaha Beach, I do believe.

I had to reply in that forum I couldnt help it... I may need back-up, some really good screenshots would help.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I liked MoH:AA for the week it took me to get through it and see everything.<span id='postcolor'>

My sentiments exactly.

MoH:AA, didn't do alot of things for me. I hated the scripted events and the horrible lack of any kind of realism. The atmosphere that I felt from playing the game was good, but 'Hidden & Dangerous' did that much better, I am still impatiently waiting for H&D 2's release. As of now, My OFP CD is still in my CD drive, as it has been since I bought it in early November 2001, I occaisionaly supplement my OFP experience with 'Rainbow 6:Rogue Spear' and 'SWAT 3' from time to time.

Tyler

i admit it. i have an unrealism vacation every so often - Max Payne biggrin.gif lol! what can i say? its fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ June 23 2002,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><Snip>

this game is so fucking bad i refuse to have it on my 6gb harddrive of my old computer that has 32mb ram, it doesnt deserve to be there.<span id='postcolor'>

Is that guy serious?

um not to rain on anybodies parade but is there some law out that sezz he has to absolutly love ofp? if he doest like the game does that mean he is hitler? no. so whats the big deal? its not gona effect us in anyway and nobody is gona like the same games as others. besides, im sure that there are ghost recon nuts that think some of you are "retards" for saying that their favorite game sucks.

To each there own. MOH:AA bored me to tears. A year or so on I'm still playing loads of OFP. But thats just taste.

Lets not forget OFP is a pretty tough game. You have a lot to think about, it can take a lot of work to play some missions and death comes very easily no matter how good you are.

If somebody just wants to put their brain in neutral and blow things up thats their choice. It doesn't interest me but I'm not going to slag them for having different tastes from me.

Lets just be content that we have a game we love and which keeps getting better while other high profile titles slip into discard piles.

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ June 24 2002,00wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">um not to rain on anybodies parade but is there some law out that sezz he has to absolutly love ofp? if he doest like the game does that mean he is hitler? no. so whats the big deal? its not gona effect us in anyway and nobody is gona like the same games as others. besides, im sure that there are ghost recon nuts that think some of you are "retards" for saying that their favorite game sucks.<span id='postcolor'>

Its the nature of the beast that is We. If some guy bashes OFP in the way that that one did, one of us is bound to get wind of sooner or later, like we have. Keeping in mind that (i'm pretty damn sure) each and every one of us loves OFP to death, we're all going to wonder "What the fuck is that guy thinking!?", seeing as how he obviously doesnt love it to death.

p.s. I happen to like ghost recon smile.gif

He doesn't like the game, so?

Don't post crap from other forums, not the first time you've done this.