Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC 51km Desert

PMC 51km Desert v1.9.2 for ArmA 2 CO.

This is 51km x 51km desert terrain with war torn cities and villages. There is also few modern (intact) cities, three airbases, six oilfields, six harbors, dirt road network and two lane highway.

Changes are lot of vegetation removed from city roads, harbor 6 added and lot of others (see changelog).

Mapview small and Mapview with features.

ArmA 2 screenshots, 10km viewdistance: image 1, image 2, image 3, image 4, image 5, image 6, image 7, image 8, image 9, image 10, image 11, image 12, image 13, image 14, image 15 and image 16.

PMC Apache Realwar on PMC 51km Desert v1.6

youtube Exz8M0oPd5w

PMC 51km Desert Multiplayer 05-04-13; helicopter insertions, long range snipers, VIP takedown, hot desert

youtube aKfCvtk0uVM

South East Harbor demo

youtube PPM-tJn4460

Official PMC Tactical Forum Release Topic

Read online manual: PMC Addons/Mods Manuals: PMC 51km Desert.

Required Addons: AGS industrial, AGS port, PMC Terrain Clutter, PMC Terrain Objects and PMC Skybox Remove.

Download from PMC Tactical ArmA 2 Downloads.

Edited by Snake Man

I am glad to see this terrain here.

I have had it for quite a while now and would really recommend getting this.

City 34M is a great city layout, if you want high fps in a large city with plenty of ai in combat then this is the place to go. Also the sheer size of the area of the terrain lends itself to air, tank & large infantry battles.

Great terrain, even though I have it already.

Thanks for sharing it 'snake man'..

Thanks, nice to see initial reaction here and Armaholic.com comments positive.

I know this need lot of work since it starts to show its age regarding "details" on the terrain and satellite texture resolution. When I did the satellite texture I was total newbie with photoshop, now I know little bit more, I'm newbie+ heh.

Next release will have increased satellite map resolution and the same time I hopefully can make it more natural looking. Also the terrain roughness will be changed a bit. Although I get many comments that people love this for high FPS and tank battles etc, so I don't want to ruin this by adding unnecessary details bringing the FPS down.

Keep the suggestions coming guys, I will be upgrading this terrain... not sure when as I have other projects to take care of, but when I get the chance. In fact I'm looking forward to enhancing the "resolution" of this terrain and finish some cities with decorations etc.

Snake man, just a thought, but why not remove a lot of the unfinished big cities from the terrain, replace them with small settlements and just tweak 34M (doesn’t need much at all), keep it the size it is now, but get rid of the outskirts of the city where the dirt tracks start when leaving the city, just put a few settlements around the outskirts. Just an idea..;)

Some great large ports/goods terminals, plus great airbases, just need a little decoration (but really little), keep the fps high and performance in the terrain, imo..

:)

PMC 51km Desert v1.7 has been released, first post updated, enjoy.

PMC 51km Desert Multiplayer 05-04-13; helicopter insertions, long range snipers, VIP takedown, hot desert

aKfCvtk0uVM

PMC 51km Desert v1.8 has been released! Please note that you need PMC Terrain Clutter v1.6 and PMC Skybox Remove v1.0 addons as well which were just released, all links can be found on first post.

As always, enjoy.

BTW PMC Tactical dedicated server will be upgraded to v1.8 next, please join in for multiplayer there as some nice missions are waiting for players. Thanks.

Good job, it looks like the ground textures need some work around cities. I guess the issue is that the black to tan is very jarring so it is super noticeable. Over time even the pavement begins to looks like the desert, so if you want to have something still be mostly grey (asphalt), the edges should have at least a little sand build up, so there is never really an obvious circle shape or a rectangle. Added some reference pics below :) Hope you get a chance to port this to A3

Here are some reference pictures City

Oil rig

PMC 51km Desert v1.8.1 has been released!

First post updated, enjoy.

Thanks for the updates of this, plus the updates for Rattler & Rugen..

All great terrains..

Nice. Need to check out the new Version. Thx a lot for your hard work.

your still working on this map? would be great to see more detail (also to cover this mud textures) in the citys and more enterable buildings (and more mix of buildings). We are planing a big mission on your map soon. ;)

I am still working on this terrain, been playing a lot of multiplayer alone in our server, haha and sigh. Have lot of improvement ideas written down. Haven't done any actual editing though. Satellite texture is one place which needs improvement, the darken city area "spots" just sickens me nowadays, those have to be reworked completely.

PMC 51km Desert v1.9.2 has been released!

First post updated, enjoy.

Yes but not in the sense what you mean. I am no longer editing for arma2 but currently I'm working on PMC 51km Desert for arma3 instead. In fact it was almost exactly one year ago when I moved from arma2 to arma3.

So yeah, no arma2 releases from PMC anymore. Sorry.

• Like 1