Sign in to follow this  
BasileyOne

Smooth/moderate Arma2 Free registration/activation/installation to counter cheaters

"Free" version shouldn't be able be registered on-the-fly by someone/online identity with [detected/verified/monitored]online/activity time of life less than month or so, it remaining ABSOLUTELY free economically, it be somewhat valuable asset for [potential]cheaters 2 lose thus.

and im also suggested to turn down Arma2 Free from original state 2 such approach, by releasing [mandatory] 1.12 patch, designed SOLELY for this purpose.

dunno what it would be. manually[by BIS forum/FB robot/script or salesppl]activated On-way [elliptic curve/assymetric] crypto challenge ?

Edited by BasileyOne

what can i say, if youre tired of hackers and cheaters, then one way could be, buying arma II CO. I can't remember, when last time i did see a hacker fucking up a game with bombing the country, spawning cows, killing everyone. There are not much "heroes" who dare to risk their 25€ worth key, to get baned for ever.

what can i say, if youre tired of hackers and cheaters, then one way could be, buying arma II CO. I can't remember, when last time i did see a hacker fucking up a game with bombing the country, spawning cows, killing everyone. There are not much "heroes" who dare to risk their 25€ worth key, to get baned for ever.

why ? just to reproduce it too, later ? and support such behavior and accents/priority/vectors in game development, which you dislike/don't support ?

can we're stick on-topic ? there lot of threads on this forum, dedicated to BIS products advertisement. thanks.

thats depend of kind of cheaters you talk about.

some paid cheats cost more than majority of commercial games cost.

is there any particular reasons behind keeping Arma2 Free as door wide open for cheating ? aside using it to A2OA/A2CO oppressive promotion/spam, of course. personally involving in exploiting ?

isn't there simplest possible solutions like separation of A2Free playerbase from A2 online ? more than enough to "try if before buy" background/legend Arma2Free have officially/formally.

The ArmA II Free is an excellent recruiting tool. We run an ArmA II Free/ArmA II server in addition to our Combined Operations server. Although we have our griefers, we have gained regular players that purchased the full game. It just requires the admin to do more monitoring, but I think the payoff is worth it. Most of the griefers are short on attention span. They don't stick around long and move onto the next demo. NeuroFunker is correct in that there are fewer griefers when people purchase the game.

I don't get it, what is the problem?

Is there a lot of cheaters among Arma 2 Free players? thats sad, but there is only one thing you can do about that: buy the game.

Implementing any additional measures to prevent cheating in Arma 2 Free would be just pointless wasting of resources.

Arma 2 Free is just a demo, you like the demo, buy the game, but so far it seems like you want everything for free, so i dont see that happening.

Edited by 5133p39

i don't think he requires much, it pissed me quite a lot off, when i played arma 2 free and servers got constanly hacked, and i understand his frustration. I have planed to buy arma 2 co anyway, since i loved arma 2 free, but my rig wasn't powerful enough for arma2. After upgrade, i got arma 2 co, and never regret it! Short to say: if you like arma 2 free, with it's cut/limited content and awful graphics, you will love arma 2 co, which includes all arma 2/free has to offer, but much more and better.

Just pay attention to BI store or steam, for special offer, if 25€ is to much for you. But really, for that cash, you getting lot of sweet stuff.

its not about cash-savvy mood or level of deal, getting it.

its all about "NEVER negotiate with Terrorists !!" © -sense, both in context of cheaters and BIS marketing.

1st they ruined you game and next - what ? they love you girlfriend ? drink you coffee ?

and then they double dammage to adding financial losses/investments ? maybe im also should send cookies for cheaters ?

its time to STOP this !! *bumps*

/me waves JEDI flag

Edited by BasileyOne

BasileyOne, I used to think that way; when I was five years old.

Edited by Gremlin

BasileyOne, I used to think that way; when I was five years old.

then grow up, finally !!

from relying on rhetoric and context switching in communications.

and return to topic, please.

p.s.

lucky you !

i never behave so childish as you presently even when im 1yr old.

also it would be kinda funny to relay you experession to US State Department, working under such insignia["you're act like 5yrs old kid, mr vcPrez !!" :P LOL :], after created it.

Edited by BasileyOne

BasileyOne, you must be intellectually challenged. Your comments are rambling gibberish.

its not about cash-savvy mood or level of deal, getting it.

its all about "NEVER negotiate with Terrorists !!" © -sense, both in context of cheaters and BIS marketing.

1st they ruined you game and next - what ? they love you girlfriend ? drink you coffee ?

and then they double dammage to adding financial losses/investments ? maybe im also should send cookies for cheaters ?

its time to STOP this !! *bumps*

/me waves JEDI flag

I think you must be either very very drunk or ...something else :)

What did those cheaters did? which game did they ruined?

Several people already told you, they have no problem playing the game and most of them haven't even got any experience with cheaters, so what the hell are you gibbering about?

BasileyOne, you must be intellectually challenged. Your comments are rambling gibberish.

oh yeah, i see.

clearly switching from topic on subject personality by someone, who have nothing to say on-topic[but surely wanted, for some reasons]are definitely smart-looking and very persuasively and indoctrinating.

please next time if you nave noting to say on-topic, keep thread/topic clean, by refusing posting irrelevant BS.

tnx 4 cooperation and GL w/personal offense on more tolerant toward such behavior, online resources and legal jurisdictions.

I see that this topic is getting out of hand. If we can't engage each other in civil discussion, it will be locked. Further ad hominem arguments will be met with warnings or infractions.

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

wow, never seen anyone, not wanting to pay 25€ at all costs...

how does it relate on topic-discussed issue ?

so, in you perception using cheating crowds pressure on owners of one produc are valid marketing strategy for another one ? [irrelevant/uninteresting one].

not wonder next if someone promote euthanasia as perfect healthcare plan for You[&you whole family], then.

just EXACTLY as 80% mortality rise revealed as main profiting source in US healthcare in [another]brilliant movie from ichael Moore https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism:_A_Love_Story , appealing to people's common sense, value of society/people domination in both people's priorities, values ranking and US Constitution[kinda Debian-alike social contract].

p.s.

financially supporting direction of development, you dislike/disapprove even if you like/enjoy some other company products in long time - almost as wasn't good practice as voting for politicians, pointed AGAINST you interests/values.

you had other ways to support BIS in that case. in fact, in past im bought some extra-copies of vanilla Arma2 instead and handed/gifted it freely then to my good friends. purchasing printed maps and T-shirts from BIS and affilates, coffe cups and other stuff, presently had bigger value/meaning. maybe Arma3 release will alter this, we'll know ?

for example im waiting for 64-bit binaries from BIS developers from Arma2 times and still waiting. if they release correspoinding path for OA/CO/RFT, i will buy it 4 that 4 example.

Edited by BasileyOne

dude, sry but you talk to much useless. :) Arma 2 free is there as it is, no more or less. If you like arma 2 free, and have no financial problems to buy arma 2 co, whats the problem then? Imagine arma 2 free as a start platform to arma 2 universe :), if you like what u see, and want go on, arma 2 co would be ur next step into arma 2 universe. ;)

you can buy arma co + baf/pmc for the price of any new game so I don't see why you wouldn't just buy that.

If your waiting for 64-bit A2 Binaries, you'll be waiting for a long, long, long time. I think they've said before it wont ever happen with A2.